“Excellent food with a wonderful view”
Review of Edgewater - CLOSED

Edgewater
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ate here last night and really enjoyed the experience. Had a table beside the window and looked out over Green Lake and snow capped mountains. The atmospher was classic lodge style, with vaulted ceilings and panoramic windows. Service was friendly and professional. I ordered the golden beet salad, which was nice as the apple and goat cheese complemented the beets. The cod dinner was superb - one of the best dishes I have ever had. I substituted the lentils for the scalloped potatoes and thought the combination was delicious. Prices seemed reasonable for the high quality of cuisine. Less expensive than fine dining in the village. A true gem in Whistler.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We were prompted to try this restaurant by the good reviews on Trip Advisor and the experiences shared by a couple acquaintances. There was nothing particularly off-putting about our experience, nor was there anything memorable. The venison was well cooked and tasty, but aside from that, for a restaurant striving for gourmet status, the quality of the food was average. The wine selection (by the glass) is very limited. And when we commented on the collection of wine crystals in the bottom of the glass, we were simply advised that we "better not swallow that." Given the price point of this restaurant, I would advise going elsewhere.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The setting at Edgewater is peaceful, beautiful and calm, on the shore of lovely Green Lake. We've just had the best chicken entree I've ever had - and I don't often order chicken. The Chef at Edgewater is creative and prepares delicious food with lovely presentations. The soup of the day was butternut squash with cream: it was the best squash soup I'ver ever had. Not exaggerating. The chicken was served in a small amount of veggie-chicken broth, along with the meat of a lobster claw, two homemade ravioli stuffed with lobster, tender slices of artichoke heart and fresh asparagus, cherry tomatoes and asparagus, each cooked to perfection. The chicken breast was tender with crispy skin. I truly loved every bite. The two breads served with olive oil and balsalmic were lovely, as well. No room for dessert, though the list was tempting. Tip: book a table an hour before sunset to enjoy the light shifting on the lake and surrounding mountains. Spectacular views. Reservations recommended.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This restaurant which is tucked away slightly north from Whistler Village overlooking the Green Lake, IMHO would put Araxi, the Grill, Side Cut, Trattoria de Umberto and Rimrock to shame when it comes to atmosphere, presentation, taste, attentive service and most importantly reasonably priced dinners. Especially when it comes to preparation of game meats. We have been coming to Whistler for years because of the availability of game dinners ( venison, elk etc) which are not readily available where we live. The restaurant have a rustic setting and the ambiance is very serene and peaceful. Make sure you make reservation early because the restaurant comfortably only seats 30-40 patrons and days its open sometimes are limited. If you are part of the foodie generation you will appreciate this place. We will be back over and over again in the future. Bon Appetit!

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was staying at the Four Season and getting tired of mountain food when the concierge suggested I try Edgewater. "They have a new chef and I hear it's good." She heard right. The seafood dish was the best mix of various fish and broth I've ever had. Period. The wine list was reasonable but filled with excellent choices. The view was mountains, water and the Canadian flag. I went there twice. It's a wonderful, perfect escape from the ant hill next door.