“Snowboarder's Heaven!”
Review of Whistler

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
England
23 helpful votes
“Snowboarder's Heaven!”
Reviewed 4 February 2008

Just got back from Whistler a couple on 22nd January. What an amazing time. It's full of character and lively cafe's, bars, restaurants and shops and is definitely an activity for everybody.

I went with my partner and 2 friends and stayed at the Delta Whistler Village Suites. They are a 5 minute walk from the Whistler Gondolas and so we never bothered with the complimentary shuttle service provided by the hotel.

Met some fantastic people from all over the world. Food was really cheap and was amazed at the variation and quality in the majority of the cafes and restaurants. If you aren't a skier or snowboarder, then still go, as there are a hundred and one other activities for all to enjoy.

I saw many people going up on the mountains just to enjoy the amazing views and eat at the many restaurants. You can even shop on the mountains. I never went up Blackcomb mountain as a beginner boarder, but my other half did. He has been many times and have some spectacular pics which I will post asap.

Must do holiday for anyone...and I mean anyone. I wouldn't mind also going in the Summer. Fantastic!!!

Long Beach, California
7 helpful votes
“Macresort”
Reviewed 15 September 2007

Pleasant and clean but almost sterile mountain resort. Way too planned and developed for my taste as I prefer more organic destinations.
High priced restaurants and hotels with very little available for others not on expense account or independently wealthy.
On the positive side... the views are fantastic and the resorts "green" efforts are an example other tourist destinations (especially in the third world) could follow. Most important, the people I met are wonderful.

San Diego, California
53 helpful votes
“Not just a ski resort....Go in the summer”
Reviewed 5 November 2006

Whistler is a wonderful mountainous area north of Vancouver to spend time hiking, biking, and photographing nature. The tram ride up the mountain offers spectacular views. We even saw bear below us on the tram.
It is a popular ski resort in the winter.

7 Thank photog4fun
OK
12 helpful votes
“We luv Whistler!!!”
Reviewed 25 October 2006

It's an outdoor lovers paradise! Especially, mountain bikers!!! ;) Exteremly awesome mt. bike park!! The surrounds are beautiful. We loved this place! Even the drive up is wonderful. The Sea-to-Sky Highway from Vancouver up to Whistler one of the most scenic highways in the world!!!!!

2 Thank Morg!e
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent”
Reviewed 4 July 2006

Whistler was amazing, there are fantastic views and we loved the town. The canadians and Oz's were so friendly. We ate at earls which was fantastic, infact we ate at earls at every town we visited in Canada. We managed to go up Whistler Mountain and watch the skiers, the views were fantastic up there and the weather was amazing, we went in May 06.

Would love to go sking there in the winter, I am sure the atmosphere will be fantastic.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Whistler? Share your experiences!