“Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Slainte By The Pier - CLOSED

Slainte By The Pier
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Groups, View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Went with my husband and friends for dinner mid-August 2011.
I always like a place that offers "mixed" plates and "flights" because so often when I go to a new place I'm not sure what I want to try first!
The four of us had different dishes: the seafood trio, the lamb special, the mixed grill (prepared diff & with diff sides).
I had the flight of beers -- I love Guiness and that was one of the samplers, but I also like trying something new without a pint of commitment. Actually all the beers were good. But I still like darks the best.
The lamb got a rave review and looked excellent. The seafood trio was as expected -- good, fresh, but not particularly imaginative.
The mixed grill (lamb/steak/chicken) was -- mixed. The steak medium-rare was VERY good. The lamb was nice. The chicken: dry. Strange since chicken shouldn't be that hard and yet I see other reviewers also found the chicken dry (hint to chef: maybe time to revisit?). My yam fries were nice -- but my husband had the mixed grill with big thick potato wedges and they were great!
All in all -- I will go back: a nice experience with good hearty food!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

We have been to Slainte many times including on St. Paddy's day a couple of years ago with friend. It is a solid, reliable restaurant and the food is always good.

We would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Noticing the last comment, I had to write.. I actually like the Panko Fish and Chips.. they are not greasy and has a nice crunch to it. Last visit the fish was a little on the dry side however have never had it that way before and have gone several times with different people and in my group some even liked it that way.. go figure. All have enjoyed the service as well as food. Let's face it on the beach in White Rock, they are ruled by how busy the beach is, so I understand when they don't have enough people on shift at all times, and sometimes they do get slammed. The waitress' have always been friendly and as speedy as possible! Overall I really like Slainte and the fish and chips are only one part of the menu.. they have other great things to try out!!
Cheers

Reviewed 9 August 2011

Service was outstanding, food was yummy, I would definately go there again and agian , not to mention that it is an IRISH restaurant abouve all. What can I say

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I have enjoyed the food, drinks and hospitality several times at Slainte by the Pier. Its freshly made, fair sized portions. My favourite is the calamari but have enjoyed the Caesar Salad too! My family have also enjoyed the mix of Live Music. I highly recommend this great White Rock restaurant!