Ocean Promenade Hotel
US$92
Best Western Peace Arch Inn(Surrey)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$98
US$89
US$144
US$141
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsocean promenadeacross the streetunderground parkingone bedroom suitethe pubfull kitchentrain noiselight sleeperregular roomdining tablestove topsmall cafestayed for one nightper daypleasant staymarine drivenice property
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our first trip to whiterock. Beautiful location right across from the beach, and walking distance to many shops and great fish n chip joints. We were on the first floor , and had a partial ocean view. The staff was very friendly and helpful from the minute we booked. The rooms were very clean, decently roomy. The Train horn is loud , but that will be an issue with any of the hotels because the main line runs right along the beach. We were very happy with our hotel choice and if will stay here again.

Room Tip: Check out kahuna fish n chips just down the road , their fish and chips are the best out of all that we tried. Really good batter and portions! The staff is super friendly and great with kids!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ocean Promenade H, Manager at Ocean Promenade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your review on the hotel. We are indeed in a beautiful location on the beaches of White Rock and there are many great little shops and restaurants along the strip here to enjoy. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed in the Ocean Promenade Hotel for a one night stop to attend a party in White Rock. We were well received in reception and our room was ready. The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. The only drawback was the train rolling by both day and night. Of course that is not the fault of the hotel - I guess it is part of living on the waterfront in White Rock but it does detect from the night's sleep. The upside of being on the waterfront is the beautiful view. Check out was smooth and uneventful so, overall, our stay was a success.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tripster91
Ocean Promenade H, Manager at Ocean Promenade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your review. We do strive to make our guest's experience a better than average stay. We take pride in providing an clean and comfortable stay as well as excellent customer service throughout your stay. We hope to get the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I travel with a small dog and this is a pet allowed hotel. The pet rooms are at the very back of the hotel where there is an outside hallway. Road noise is present if you have a window open. Sounds really amplify in the outside hallway as there is another building very close - creating a sound trap. A train passes by, across the street from the hotel, numerous times per day AND night, sounding it's horn loud and clear.
There are only two pet friendly room options - a small room with one queen bed for $114.00/night or a 1 bedroom suite. I was quoted a variety of prices for the suite...$134, $164, $174 & $194! This was all in one day! My 1 queen bed, pet room was in rough shape and very disappointing. The 80's style quilted bedspread had holes in it and was too big for the bed - bunching up on the floor. The room was so small and tight that there was literally no place to put your suitcase except on the desk, leaving no room for anything else. There was only room to turn around, no chair .... no space. The open door nearly reaches the bed! The bathroom is also small. The door barely cleared the toilet. The shower gave a "biting" spray and there was no vanity - just a sink with a tiny cupboard below. There is no place to put toiletries! The rug was dirty and had numerous cigarette burns despite this bring a non- smoking hotel. When I arrived the toilet had been used and not flushed - calling into question the level of housekeeping! I had to ask them to clean the bathroom.

The room configuration at this hotel is a little different. There is a main door to the room number (Eg 216). Once through that door you enter a little foyer where you go to either "A" or "B". I was in 216-B. 216-A was the 1bedroom suite. It is a little frightening to be caught in the foyer trying to get into your room when you hear a very large dog trying to get through the door to the other suite. I could only keep praying the people in that room would NOT come out or in when I was as it would be very close in that foyer. As a single female, it was frightening every time I went into that foyer because at THAT moment you are in a confined space totally unable to flee if the person in the other room was the least bit aggressive. Then add dogs that might fight in confined space! Not good.
There was a lot of noise transfer from the 1 bedroom suite attached to my room. I found I could hear my neighbours conversations as well as what, exactly!, they were doing in the bathroom. I had to turn up my TV to keep from hearing their every word!

I voiced my concerns about the lack of space, the state of repair in the room and the horror of finding the toilet used on arrival. There was NO attempt to try to make the negatives better. It was almost like they really didn't care. I had to ask them to have housekeeping return to the room to clean the bathroom on that first day.

This hotel is one of very few hotels in the area that are pet friendly? It was a hotel with more class than others close by that are pet friendly. It seems to have hone downhill over the past 3-5 years. I find it quite disheartening that so many hotels, like this one, seem to let their pet rooms fall into disrepair. It is almost like you cannot enjoy a quality product if you have a dog. You must put up with dirty, burnt carpet and bedding with holes!

Room Tip: "A" Suites closer to the front of the building have balconies and nice views of the ocean. None of these are pet friendly though.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ogopogo-Jo
Ocean Promenade H, Manager at Ocean Promenade Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We want to thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize that you did not find your room suitable for you. We do agree with you that as a pet owner, your choice of rooms that are available to you are quite limited unless you stay in one of our pet suites. However, we have many other rooms and suites that are very nicely kept up and quite spacious and we receive many compliments daily.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

My family and I booked this hotel for a family event in White rock. My first time to this hotel and town. I had read reviews about the hotel and some not good. So let me state this is a very nice hotel. Great location in the middle of white rock action. Staff are very friendly ( Sally ) was wonderful and very helpful. Our room was perfect. We took the family suit room 116A and B. Large, spotless, comfortable with a big patio on the side of the building peek a boo view. yes there are trains that roll past the hotel all hours of the night and yes some blow their horns however it didn't bother us at all with the location of our room. I would go back to this hotel with out hesitation should I ever go back to white rock.

Room Tip: Room 116A is on the side of the building so the trains will not bother you as much. Large patio with peek a boo view. Beautiful large room for families. You can also book the room next to make it a family room 116B.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate your comments. Our goal is to deliver an outstanding experience to all our guests. Our suites are well appointed for family stays as they are quite spacious and there are options to combine rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again when returning to White Rock.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is the only hotel located right on the water. It has a nice view, large balcony.
It's pretty much right at the start of all the things to do , to see and all the restaurant on the water. It's very affordable off season. But it's a bit difficult to park to unload or to go check -in before you get the pass to go to the underground parking.
The rooms are nicely done and supplies properly with real size fridge and fire place.

Room Tip: Of course, you want to ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

We want to thank you for your positive comments. This is definitely the perfect location and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do offer our guests underground parking right away when checking in as we do have a somewhat limited space in our loading zone. We want to thank you again and hope that we will see you in the future.