“Great fish, Big portions”

Coney Island Seafood
Ranked #22 of 142 Restaurants in White Rock
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Great fish, Big portions”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

One of the best fish and chip places I have ever had. I used to go to a few of the others in whiterock until I found this gem. Their halibut is very tasty, and huge portion.

• Visited July 2013

White Rock, Canada
“Always makes customers happy”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Excellent fish n chips then across the street to eat at the beach, watch the kites and people watch!
Nothing better.

• Visited July 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Good portions but”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

the batter was too crisp and the fish too thin. i really couldn't tell what type of fish it was. The atmosphere was nice, though- sort of 50's tacky (but in a nice way) nets from the ceiling, pictures of various maritime themed things hanging off the walls. The fries were okay but very flavorless- no sense that I was eating anything but cardboard. The cost to value ratio- not so good. Would I go there again, maybe, in a couple of years.
The waitress was very nice and friendly though

Vancouver, Canada
“Really good fish and chips on a hot day!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We walked by all the fish and chips places on that block.

Frankly, all the other places sort of served either soaked looking battered fish or overpriced.

I looked at these guys' fish and it looked golden brown with a nice amount of batter and young teens seemed to get theirs from Coney Island Seafood. If some picky teens give their business to a place you know you gotto try it. (If they get disappointed once, they never return again.)

We ended up ordering a 1 piece and a 2 piece halibut and chips. I usually eat 2 pieces in other locations and kinna crave one more. With this one I ended up eating the 2 pieces and had to leave some of the fresh cut fries behind. Also, their tartar had lots of dill in it which I really enjoyed.

I did not have an overwhelming deep fried after taste afterwards nor my picky girlfriend. She almost finished her gigantic one piece, which rarely happens.

Our only other considered restaurant was the Moby Dick (couple restaurants down) but the line up was long.

At the end of the day we were pleasantly surprised and we thoroughly enjoyed our food.

I don't believe you can be disappointed in this place. Also once again I've been right about the Chinese people being able to deep fry so well.

• Visited June 2013
“Horrible Chowder, More batter than fish! - Average at it's very best!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Would I go back? .... Probably not. There are so many other fish & chip joints on the strip and most are better.

Clam chowder soup is made with what appears to be frozen vegetable - all smally and chopped exactly the same, about the size of a pea. My frozen peas, carrots, corn and green beans look and taste exactly alike ..... Yech!
No potato, very little clam (canned, again) and salty .... OMG - the worst I have ever tasted - honestly, canned Campbells soup is better!

Fish and chips priced @ $9.95 for a 1 piece cod with a small serving of cole slaw.

- sounds like a deal until you discover that huge piece
of battered cod is just that - batter! The fish inside the batter is so thin that it became the topic at the table ..... just how do they get cod fish to be that thin? Good slicing skills but very little fish to eat! Cole slaw was just a bit of cabbage with some bottled salad dressing. Tarter sauce comes from boxes of 'Kraft Tarter Sauce' stacked by the washrooms - handy and sanitary too!
Surprisingly, the fries were very good; bought as frozen but cooked just right to a golden brown and a good sized serving.

Atmosphere? Some say Diner or 60's style. All I saw was old and run down and was overpowered by the smell of grease in that small neglected room. Couldn't wait to get out of there!

I can't understand how this place is still operating ... Seriously, you can do so much better elsewhere!