Clarion Hotel & Suites
US$173
US$137
US$124
US$110
Motel 6 Brandon MB(Brandon)(Great Value!)
US$90
Colonial Inn(Brandon)
US$81
US$70
Agoda.com
All reviewsroyal oakindoor parkingkiddie poolrecently stayed at the royalpoolside roomkey cardanother surprisefifth floorservice was slowlarge bathroomcomplimentary breakfastgreat for kidseaster weekendgiant tigertim hortonsa pet friendly hotelkings game
Reviewed 17 June 2014

While on a camping trip with young children, we decided that a one night hotel stay would be a treat for the children. Having researched hotels in the area we chose the Royal Oak because it offered breakfast and a water slide. We were very disappointed that indeed the breakfast was not free and they gave no exchange rate on American money. The girl at the desk was very patronizing and at times rude. Apparently the reception we received was due to the fact we had booked through Travelocity. and that we were Americans. However, the children did enjoy the pool and water slide but should we again visit Brandon, I can assure you there are other hotels that will meet our needs.
P.S. in all the reviews I have written for Tripadvisor, this is the first negative experience I have submitted.

Room Tip: Should you decide to go with Royal Oak, book directly and don't identify yourself as American if you can avoid it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ESCdn
Jason R, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I appreciate you staying at the Royal Oak Inn during your trip to Brandon. Sorry to hear a few things didn't meet up to your standards. I hope I can shed some light on them. In future, when booking through an online travel agent, here or any Hotel, find a good price and call the Hotel to see if they will match it. Most will and we will for sure. Hotels pay a huge commission, the reason you won't get Breakfast included. Book directly and you'll get breakfast included, if the Hotel offers it. I'm sorry but being American has nothing to do with anything, a big part of our business is travelers from the States. I'm confused on that statement. Our exchange rate is comparable to other Hotels in the area and is set by our company, something I will look into and do apologize if it's low. I'm glad to hear the water slide and pool were big hits for the kids. If there is anything you would like to discuss, please feel free to contact me directly. Thanks Again.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights for a wedding. Although the hot tub was down, the pool and waterslide were fun. Staff were nice/helpful. Good free breakfast every morning. Rooms just need a little updating is all.

• Stayed: June 2014
Jason R, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Good Morning Michelle. I appreciate you staying at our Hotel and taking the time to write a review. Sorry the Hot Tub was down while you were here. It's up and running now but again, sorry it was down during your stay. We're starting renovations in our Poolside rooms very shortly, a complete re-do of our Bathrooms and moving forward from there. Thanks Again for the review. Have a great Day!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We headed to Brandon for a hockey tournament, and this is the hotel our team was staying in. I knew it had been around for a while, as I had stayed there last as a child, some 30 years ago. Although the lobby was nicely renovated, the rooms were not. They were clean, but have a very poor air conditioning system, and it was very hot in the room all the time. We adjusted the thermostat, but had to sleep with the window open for the room to be comfortably cool. It wasn't even a hot weekend......the high was 7 degrees. The food for breakfast was adequate, although the restaurant is terribly dark inside.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LoriM67
Jason R, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Good afternoon. Thanks for the review, I appreciate you taking the time to write one for the Royal Oak Inn. We're currently looking into a solution for some of the heat complaints and will have things fixed up very soon. We are also starting renovations to some of our guest rooms, which will include new bedding, drapes, furniture and a completely renovated bathroom. Thanks again and have a great day.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Front desk was good rooms were clean and comfortable but rather basic. Cleanliness was acceptable there was a little grunge on the grout in the shower but nothing that was a dealbreaker. Beds were comfortable if a bit too soft and too warm for non winter weather. The heat was on and it was slightly difficult to figure out how to turn it off. Did not go to Echo (the eatery inside). Price was about fair for the room size which was larger then I expected.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jason R, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

I've read your review and appreciate your comments and your business. I'm glad that you had a nice stay with us. Next time please enjoy some time in ECHO Restaurant & Wine bar, a very casual, fun atmosphere with great food. Cheers!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed here while on company training. Check in was a little slow due to computer issue but I would imagine it's fairly quick otherwise. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable - but rather plain. Very spacious. Slept well except for being woken up by some noise. Could not figure out what it was. Thinking maybe something rattling in the ventilation? Not sure - but it kept me up for an hour. However, I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Jason R, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank You in taking time to write a review. I appreciate your business and comments.
Cheers!