“Expected more based upon previous reviews.”
Review of Motel 6 Brandon MB

Motel 6 Brandon MB
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Brandon
Portland, Oregon
“Expected more based upon previous reviews.”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am sorry to report that our stay was barely average. There was not a coffee maker or a microwave in the room (I'm told that if you want that you need to ask for a room with a kitchenette), and the coffee machine in the lobby was "broken" when we went down for a cup after getting settled. The breakfast was skimpy but adequate. The comfy beds and fairly quiet night brought it up from a poor to an average. For reasons the staff were unable to explain my credit card was charged three times for the room which caused my credit card company to put a block on the card which was a hassle.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side upper floors should be quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
jspeter, Manager at Motel 6 Brandon MB, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Mr.Dave B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your time in Brandon Motel 6. I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is important and please rest assured that I have taken it to heart.
Thank you!

Sam Kim
Assistant GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Last minute change had us book into Motel 6 in Brandon, MB. We were pleased. Very clean room and no noise heard at all from others staying at the motel whatsoever. We really liked the air conditioning/heating unit which was controlled by thermostat on the wall. Very nice functional bathroom with modern European features we think, which were appreciated. Very nice room at a very comfortable rate. We were very comfortable with cleanliness of the room. Nice flat screen TV centrally located with light switches at bedside. Good continental breakfast--nothing fancy, but was what we expected from continental breakfast. Good outdoor parking and great location along # 1 Highway passing through Brandon, MB. McDonalds Restaurant two minute walk to the west. Great stay for the price! We would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed in at many motels /hotels in brandon until I found one that had everything I needed for long time stay.
Motel 6 is where I found it,Sam & Justin and his staff are second to none, top rate staff and that go above and beyond to make your stay a trouble free one.
Appreciation barbecue was held twice since the warm weather got here and Sam and Justin made steak and smokies and full salad table of fresh vegetables.
I got to motel 6 in October and haven't left yet , all these people are like my family and look out for my safety and my needs.
Doesn't get any better than that
MOTEL 6 ROCKS
Cmon down once your here you won't wanna leave and bring your pets this motel is pet friendly
And on last note breakfast here is awesome and best coffee ever.
David Draper of grand beach Manitoa
Habitat for humanity

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank OhhhhhhNoooooo
Carman, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect with such a low room rate but was very pleasantly surprised! Very friendly staff; ultra clean rooms with new modern "green" features; 30 minutes or your stay is free feature for any hotel problems you encounter; excellent continental breakfast; easy access and great parking; my stay could not have been better.

Room Tip: The top floor may be quieter than the others simply because you might hear people walking around but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Allie2259

good! good!
My family has so happy time
very clean.
very kind and service was good!!
breakfast so so good..
location was good.
I would recommend this hotel to all my family...

my kids has fun time...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hyunsuk J
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I'm from Calgary, but most of my family lives in Sudbury, so I drive out there frequently. On my last visit to Sudbury, I stopped at the Motel 6, because a good friend of mine told me it's a nice place to stay. When I arrived, there was a hockey team being checked in, so it was really loud and busy. However, the service I received at the Front Desk was Awesome! They were able to help me check in with in less than 5 mins!
The rooms were convenient, modern and very cozy. It was honestly the best place I could have stopped at for a one night stay.
Thank you Motel 6 staff! You make traveling fun!

Room Tip: Ask for the side furthest away from the highway, but 2nd or 3rd floor. They're nice and quiet :)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Elizabeth J
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel was very affordable in comparison to other new hotels in Brandon. The rooms are a nice cheerful colour and I found them extremely clean! I also found the staff exceptionally friendly; front desk, managers, and housekeepers.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Brandon. Make sure you mention if you have CAA or are a senior, you will get a great deal!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends