“Sketchy, but crazy value”

Double Decker Tavern
Ranked #17 of 136 Restaurants in Brandon
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Double Decker Tavern has been successfully running since 1994 providing excellent service and pub style food. Come in and try our 14 Selections of tap beer and a big apps menu and great daily specials!
Reviewed 13 April 2013

It was suggested we grab a bite to eat for dinner here. It wasn't a great experience.

We came around 9, there was no one in the dining area at all but there were dirty dishes and glasses everywhere. We were hungry so we walked in and basically walked through the seating area into what turned out to be the kitchen. They told us to grab a seat. About 10 minutes later a waitress came downstairs from the bar area and took our order. The bar area above was loud, lots of people coming in and out - we thought about leaving.

There was a rib special on, as well as a beer special, so I got a full rack of ribs (it was too much for me to eat) and a pint for $11, The beer was flat, the ribs were not good, though not awful. Still, for $11 that is insane.

My co-worker talked me into getthing a deep friend mars bar (served with ice cream) and that was great.

Would not go again.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

nothing special about this place, everything is deepfried, service wasn't great. The best part was what was left of the cloverleaf in the head of my pint of guiness as it had sat on the bar for a good while.

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Nothing special, standard pub food, good place to go for a drink after work before heading home however would not make a special trip for dinner. service was ok, had to flag down our server to get the bill.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

The tavern decor has seen better days. But the food is priced right and surprisingly delicious. The steak and kidney pie is very good. The nacho dish is plentiful for the price. And if its still there, try the deep fried mars bar !!! Thats one awesome decadent dessert. Feel the enamel melt off your teeth ........ :-)))

Reviewed 30 September 2012

The Double Decker always has a good ambience and is a good place to go after a hectic week for a brew and some pub food and good friends to chill out with.

The food is average...I was disappointed the last time in the 1 lb. of 'Medium' wings I ordered , asking if they are "Buffalo Style", and similar to a Frank's Hot Sauce type and the server said yes. I received 10 or 12 unbreaded wings that were the tiniest things I've ever seen, with a washed out red sauce that was undescribable, but forgettable. It was disappointing, but I just sucked it up and paid the ten bucks for them. I admit, I should have mentioned my disappointment, but I wasn't in the mood and wanted to eat with the rest of the bunch.

In all fairness, I've had some decent pub-grub there in the past including various flavoured wings, and always enjoyed them. The DD is a good place to gather with friends and I'll go back, but those microsized, plain with weak sauce wings that I received won't be on my radar anytime soon.