“Excellent Customer Service”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Thompson
Selkirk, Canada
“Excellent Customer Service”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stay at Lakeview Inn & Suites about 3 times a year. The front desk staff are wonderful. They remember who you are and go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Breakfasts are now including bacon and they have healthy options like boiled eggs, bran muffins, yogurt ect. The new coffee makers in the rooms are great and creamers are left downstairs in the breakfast area. Late check out because of plane departures are often accommodated.

There are occasional signs of "wear and tear" in the rooms but there are also efforts to update the rooms, for example new faucets. Bed linens & pillows are excellent! Forget something at home...no problem they have necessities for you when this happens. I appreciate the microwave and fridge for when my stays are longer than I intended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Michelle705, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Thompson, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Hi Sheila,
Thank-You for the wonderful comments you had made regarding the Lakeview Inn & Suites/Thompson, Man.
We are always looking for new ideas to accomodate our guests to the fullest and most rewarding stay while visiting with us!
We look forward to seeing you again real soon!
Michelle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Thompson, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have never had the opportunity to meet and interact with such a dynamic bunch of ladies, the staff at Lakeview are awesome. Their complete concern is full customer service which is hard to come by these days. The rooms have been updated lately making them clean, fresh and an enjoyable experience. If needed they have wheelchair accessible rooms with lots of space. Breakfast is always great, with lots of room to sit.The hotel is well located to the downtown of Thompson making it easy to get around by foot or car. Coffe is always on along with a smile, a combination worth stopping in for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a good, clean place to stay when in Thompson. I was there for a trip into Northern Manitoba by small plane and float plane and they let me leave some excess luggage on property while I was gone. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a little sparse but did the job.

Room Tip: No need to get a suite unless you have children. While the suite I was in had a hide-a-bed, the extr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Winnipeg
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I have been travelling to Thompson once a month for close to 20 years and the vast majority of my stays have been at the Lakeview (or its previous iteration as Country Inn). I have tried every other hotel in town and have always returned to Lakeview for one reason or another.

The guest services are excellent on check-in. The staff welcome me by name when I arrive (which isn't a surprise given the frequency at which I am there), and I have noticed that they often acknowledge other guests' arrival in the same manner. I believe that they are regularily checking the day's bookings so that they can greet everyone by name.

The rooms that I usually get are suites with a living room/sitting area that has a fridge, sink and microwave. There is a large TV on the wall and usually a DVD player [sometimes the DVD player is connected to the TV in the bedroom]. I have had occasional problems with the TV/DVD system not working and have had to change systems or move to a different room. If a DVD is important to your stay, I would test out the system when you first arrive before you unpack. Alternatively, you can phone the front desk the day of your arrival and ask them to ensure that the room you have has a working DVD. There is a large selection of DVD's available at the front desk at no charge. There is also a bookshelf with a number of books that you can borrow.

The bedroom is sufficiently large (some with Kings and some with 2 beds [Queen or double -- I'm not sure] with large desk top TV. The beds are very comfortable and there is a large supply of pillows. The bed coverings are new, having all been replaced a few years ago.

It is an older hotel, and there are the occasional signs of wear and tear (a nick here and a scratch there) but it was repainted over that past couple of years and is looking pretty good.

There is available a breakfast every morning, both hot and cold. My biggest complaint about the breakfast is with regards to toasters -- even on high, they seem to take almost a minute and a half to produce a medium-dark piece of toast. Otherwise, there is a wide selection of breakfast items -- coffee, tea, juices, milk, bagels, several breads, cereals (hot and cold), muffins, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, freshly-made waffles, and sausage or bacon (or, sometimes both).

Lakeview Inn is located accross the street from Pizza Hut, Subway and A&W, a just ablock and a half away from Adventurer's North, where you can get, what I feel is the best prime rib in the province, if not in the country.

A point about the ratings below -- I gave 4 out of 5 for 'rooms' and 'restaurant', but would have prefered to give 4 1/2 out of 5 if I could. The rooms could use a little bit more sprucing up and I have had a (very) few occasions where housekeeping did a less-than-ideal job. Because there is is not an actual restaurant but a self-serve, I took off a half point.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, stay on the first floor -- there is no elevator. The better (and mor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Great and reasonable price clean n comfortable. All staff is friendly always a smile on their faces well except for the over night front desk but I would blame him either he working in the middle of the night but he was helpful too I would recommend my friends n family to stay here coming through thanks again staff for a great week stay hope to see some friendly faces again

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dale K
Michelle705, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Thompson, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Good Day Dale!
Happy Fall! Thank-You for your comment on this site! It is always great to here our guests are comfortable at our property!
Hope to see you again soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend there for our anniversary. The hotel manager Michelle exceeding guest excellence. My husband kept it a surprise and Michelle had went out of her way and placed flowers in our room that my husband had ordered to surprise me. She also directed us to a fabulous restaurant. She made us feel right at home. We also enjoyed the newly renovated oasis with the great hot tub and sauna. We had the perfect weekend in this great, friendly, clean hotel. I would stay there again in a second and have hold all our friends. Thank you for,your great hospitality Michelle!!! AAA plus

Room Tip: The suite is a great room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thompson, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

In 2002, Thompson Operation Red Nose was looking for a place to host us for the Christmas season. We approached the manager of the then Country Inn and Suites. Without hesitation they said yes to givin us a space to use. That year was the start of what has become a long lasting relationship, which has continued with the Lakeview Inn and Suites. The 1st few years we were given a suite to use and at their own cost, had a new phone line istalled for us. After a couple years they couldn't provide us with the suite as it was rented out long term, so the staff asked us if we would like to use the front area, where they provide the free breakfasts. We said yes. After a few nights, our Red Nose volunteers and the hotel staff decided that we would really like to be out front. It gave us greater exposure to the hotel guests, allowed us access to a wheelchair accessible washroon...allowing us to increase our volunteers, and we didn't have to worry about bothering our neighbours with any noise we might be making.
With the increase in call volume, we needed to have 2 more phone lines installed, which Lakeview Inn helped us with.
Having us out front also makes it easier for the front desk staff to promote our services, as the guests always ask who we are and what we are doing.
This year we are celebrating being 'at home' at the Lakeview Inn and suites for 11years. Our volunteers know that the Lakeview Inn and Suites is the home for Thompson Operation Red Nose and they know where to come and volunteer a night of driving or answering phones and dispatching.
If we did not have our home, it woudl be an absolute struggle every year to find a place. This allows us to use our resources in other ways, like promoting the program and encouraging people not to drink and drive.
THANK-YOU to Lakeview Inn and Suites for your continued support!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Michelle705, General Manager at Lakeview Inns & Suites - Thompson, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Operation Red Nose will be celebrating there 11 long happy years with Lakeview Inn & Suites/Thompson,Man.
Thank you so much for the comments and the feeling of family!
Another season to start shortly, and we will be waiting!
Once again, Thank You for the lovely comments.