“Bud, Spud, & Steak”

Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Winnipeg, Canada
“Bud, Spud, & Steak”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I recently had a bud spud and steak fundraiser at canad inns fort Gary and it was exceptional on all levels. The staff was amazing to work with and it was easy to coordinate and set up. The food was exceptional and many people stated it was the best quality of steak at a bud, slide that they have ever had. All in all it was a great night and was an amazing experience for myself who ran the fundraiser.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Jamie,

It was our pleasure assisting you with the fundraiser, thank you for the opportunity! It was inspiring to see the football community come together in support of an injured athlete - a true testimate of Manitoban's concern towards amateur sports!

We look forward to seeing you next summer during the Red River Cup,

Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Roseau, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here this past weekend while visiting Winnipeg. First off, I want to thank Alisha for helping me book the room, very professional staff and I felt right at home here with all of the amenities! The pool and water slide are awesome, and the food is great! Only downside was trying to find parking for a big diesel truck, but the express hotel next door had plenty of room. Overall great experience! Can't wait to come again!

• Stayed November 2013
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are lucky to be conveniently located close to all major highways crossing through Winnipeg allowing us to accommodate travellers from both Canada and the US. We will be sure to recognize the departments and staff members you mentioned in your review.

Winnipeg
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I would like to pass a Big Thank you to the entire Staff of Canad Inns Fort Garry, They took care of each and every detail required for our annual awards Banquet, Big or small all requests were taken care of promptly, I would like to personally Thank Wade Barkman, He has been our point man two years in a row and being in the service industry myself, Its with Great respect That i Thank The Managemnt Team for having such a Customer service Orientated person taking care of events at your property

Best Regards

Guy Budel
Manitoba Karting

Room Tip: The complete facility is Perfect
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guy,

It has been our pleasure hosting this event for your association over the years! I personally look forward to it each year, as well as having an opportunity to reconnect with yourself and your board members. Congratulations on another successful year and good luck with next season!

See you next year!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I had such a great stay at Canad inns fort Gary !!
FanFreakingTastic!
My sons 7th birthday party success, everyone had such a great time.
Thank you Canad staff.
Our room was just right. The living room gave us exactly what we were looking for. Also thank you to the reservations for suggesting it.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely thank you for choosing Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry! We especially appreciate you allowing us to play a small role with your sons 7th birthday celebration.

Visit us again soon,

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Canad Inns Fort Garry Hotel worked very well for our family. The Staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The AAltos Restaurant waitress and the Tavern United Staff were always with a smile and also very professional. Our kids enjoyed every moment they spent in the pool. Yes! There's a huge pool with a slide where you can enjoy while you're there. Also, the Hot Tub Jacuzzi is pretty convenient for some relax and we still can supervise our children from there. During our stay, we had the opportunity to see the Theatre Show at Celebrations and guess what? It's a Theatre inside the Hotel, so it couldn't be more handy! If you like to gamble or give yourself a try, Playmakers will certainly fill your needs!
Wireless Internet and Parking are free!
We had a blast!

Stayed October 2013
Thank you Alexandra for outlining your appreciation with our property during your recent stay with us! As you had mentioned Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry offers many activities to enjoy while visiting. AALTOS Garden Cafe is family-friendly, Splashers Waterpark has slides, and Celebrations Dinner Theatre provides unique entertainment for the entire family. We are proud that our facility offers variety of activities for all types of travellers, including families!

From our family to yours, thank you for visiting!

Regina Sask
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Good Morning. My name is Glen Joorisity. I manage the CJFL's Regina Thunder Football Club. Karen, Kierin, Denise, Wade, Michael and all the rest of the Canad Inn's fort Garry staff prepare and take care of all our needs while in Winnipeg. The Thunder travels a total of 60 Souls. I trust Canad Inn's Fort Garry has all in order for our arrival. I arrive early to have all registrations complete, rooms keys ready Dinner and Breakfast banquets confirmed and ready to go. On arrival all 60 people were in their rooms withing 10 minutes. The rooms are perfectly laid out, and are most comfortable. The decor and atmosphere is great. Many of our players are 300 lbs plus and it is important for good comfrotable beds. We have not been let down yet. Wade and Michael have all our food requirements in order and have "plenty" of amazing food to satisfy the Regina Thunder (40) players and our support staff.. We benefit the dinner buffet on Saturday evening and then for game day Breakfast we have our banquet room set up with our personal breakfast buffet on hand. once again perfect. during all of this The Regina thunder has meeting rooms available, and we are often asked if there is anything additional that we need or require. Our Motor Coach driver discussed his Room with me yesterday Oct 6th,2013. He always has a nice suite that he stays in. I inquired and was told that the drivers that we trust our team with are also very important and appreciated. They need to be well rested and comfortable for their entire stay.I do not consider the Regina Thunder as guests at Canad Inn's Fort Garry. We are partners for our stay. A very important and appreciated extension of our Team. Thank You for that. Our Bus is always positoned in a safe secure location with easy access to boarding. Check outs are easily managed and painless. If I had any one experience to pinpoint as a favorite it would be the constant smiles and willingness to please. And this is from the front desk to the cleaning staff. These folks are the real deal. they really care and and are very professional doing it.Thank You for that.
I look forward to speaking with Karen and Kierin the next time we come to Winnipeg. Outsatnding Job to all. Many Thanks, and I want all to know how much each and every staff member is appreciated by The Regina Thunder Football Club. It is my Pleasure to deal with Karen and Kierin
Sincerely
glen Joorisity
VP Operations , Regina Thunder Football CLub.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Wade B, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear Mr Glen Joorisity,

We cannot begin to thank you enough for your comments regarding the wonderful relationship between our facility and the Regina Thunder Football Club! It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with your organization and if I may speak on behalf of our entire team that, we look forward to your visits. Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry prides itself on strong ties with both amateur and professional football leagues. In that, we all appreciate the Thunders continued support. We equally view your team as a partners and not as guests!

We would like to congratulate you and your team on an outstanding season and good luck with the CJFL Championship on November 9th!

See you next year,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the last weekend in September, also my wedding weekend. I do not think we could have had a better experience. Upon arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful. The first person we talked to although they were busy I did not feel like we were a burden. We were very politely handed over to another available staff member who was able to quickly able to check us in and explain everything we needed to know. Even tho we had no issues with our room I felt that if I had any issues they would have been addressed quickly and the feedback would have been welcome. Every staff member I talked to during my stay had a smile on their face and was very friendly. Over all I had a great experience and would recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Pierre5446
Dear Valued Guest,

Congratulations again to you both, it was pleassure serving you during your wedding weekend! Thank you for allowing us to provide the accomodations and to play a small role in your special event.

All the best from the Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry Team!