“Always treat me like one of there own.”

Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Saskatchewan
“Always treat me like one of there own.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am in Winnipeg on a regular basis for work and always stay at the Canad Inn Fort Garry. It is reasonable close to the office, but I keep coming back because the staff treat me so well here. Always a very warm welcome when a check in, usually water bottles in my room and a small snack. I love the water bottles because I can use them at the gym. Eat at the Tavern and had a couple of drinks. Food was awesome for pub fare and the atmosphere is always relaxing. I will continue to spend my nights away from home here because they treat me so well. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: King Suites are the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alviesk
LianeReeves, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Alviesk

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Travelling, especially regular travelling, can be stressful and it is always our goal to make our guests feel comfortable and at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

Canad Inns Fort Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Was only there for two nights...nice clean hotel, would definitely stay there again and bring my family the next time around. Lots of places to shop and eat around. Great breakfast buffet deal in the mornings.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Joshua

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 20 July 2014

If you'd like a friendly face and real warmth, the hotel reception is superb. I landed late one night and the next day was very disoriented, on my own, stranger in a town and this lovely girl Amanjeev Kaur was friendly and went out of her way to ensure I knew what I could do in town. It was cold in Winnipeg! and she helped me so much to organise a sweater, and as an Asian woman alone, she was bilingual, ultra friendly. There was a lot going on in the hotel and had to keep waiting- but throughout my stay everyone was friendly on the front desk. Well done Amanjeev, hope got her name right, and the lovely service there. The facilities are not as great for the price. But warm front desk thanks to staff like her.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Simarjit

Thank you for your kind words about our front desk staff. I remember you from your stay as I was so pleased that we could help you in your own language. I know that the staff was very proud of the service they were able to give you.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Winnipeg.

vancouver island
Reviewed 15 July 2014

stayed for one week in early june 2014, when checking in the front desk staff at our dates wrong after booking online, although our room was as selected and on the main floor, the wireless never worked correctly, my only access was when sitting in the lobby. when mentioned to the staff, we were relocated to the second floor, the problem never resolved itself, and we were offered no form of price reduction, in fact our rates for the last few days of our stay were increased. when i booked this hotel through the hotel web site, we were to be offered a 10.00 daily meal voucher for the in house restaurant, this never was offered, i asked on the second to last day about this promo error, and was offered a free sunday brunch on checkout day, i never accepted, since this offer came too late in our stay for this annoyed guest. i was to stay another week with the canad inns in brandon the following week, i cancelled my stay and went to the lakeview inn and suites in brandon, better rooms, breakfast included, priced better. the canad inns will never see this customer as a returning guest.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Chitown

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry that the stay was not as you would have liked. We did try each and every day of your stay to resolve these issues for you unfortunately we seem not to have been able to.

I remember your stay as my desk staff kept me informed throughout of your issues. We actually did discount your room rate because of the wifi issues and even walked you through how to use the hard wire cable so as to give you better connectivity, I'm sorry it was so frustrating for you.

You actually hadn't booked the rate that included the $10 voucher, when we informed you of that we offered to give you those vouchers to use that night as we knew you were frustrated but when you turned them down we weren't sure exactly where to turn next.

You let us know that you would be leaving a negative trip advisor comment unless we wanted to give you your stay on a complimentary basis and I apologize again that we were unable to come through with that request.

I'm sorry to hear that we have lost you as a customer, should you choose to change your mind please let me know directly and I can help you to book your stay so as to avoid any confusion with rates.

Liane Reeves

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our baseball team booked rooms with this hotel months ago for 3 nights notified us 12 hrs before checking in that they were booting us out on the 3 rd night Bc they needed our rooms for a larger booking.
Offered no compensation or discount.
Poor service.
Very rude about it.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bkiliwnik
LianeReeves, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 30 September 2014
Dear Bkiliwnik

I apologize for your experience with our hotel. It was an unfortunate situation that rarely happens in this industry and I'm sorry that it happened to you and your group.

I do wish you had waited to leave this review until you had actually stayed in the hotel. If you had you would know that we actually did offer compensation to your group, alongside a few other considerations we provided complimentary meeting space for your entire tournament.

I spoke with a few of the parents as they were checking out and although there was the inconvenience of having their rooms moved for the last night they all had positive words to say for the hotel.

I hope you will consider our hotel again in the future.

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

So yes this hotel is clean, comfortable and staff is nice. But for the price we paid for our room it was a bit lack luster. We had a King Suite and the bed was comfy and it was decorated decently. The things I had issues with were small, here they are. Coffee pot is good for 4 cups of coffee except the size of the cups you get are only good for 2 because they are large. I used all the coffeemate and half the sugar provided in just one cup. Luckily I was the only one who drank coffee but if someone else wanted any they would have no sugar of whitener left for them selves. Aaltos restaurant is the restaurant there which we did not eat at because for almost 200 bucks for the room we didnt even get a breakfast discount and would of had to pay 17 bucks each for the breakfast buffet. We did however eat at Tavern United for a late night snack and the food was great. The pool area and water slide are nice for kids if you have them but could be larger. In my opinion there was WAY TOO MUCH chlorine in the pool. I think we all tasted it for 5 hours afterward! Location wise this hotel is good for a short drive to St Vital Center which is a large mall in Winnipeg as well as walking distance (15-20 minutes) to Investors Group Field where the Winnipeg Blue Bombers play at the new football field at the University of Manitoba. Area Night Club is also a night club right behind the hotel for any night owls!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ryan Jesse M
Dear Ryan Jesse M

Thank you for taking the tme to leave us feedback. There are many times that our guests see something that we don't, case in point is your observation that we do not put enough coffee ingredients in the room for the amount of coffee that we provide.

I want to assure you that we keep our pool chemicals strictly within the legislated parameters though you're right sometimes it may seem like too much chlorine to some depending on your tolerance of the chemicals.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. When me and my friend arrived at the hotel we got upgraded to the tropical room which had a jacuzzi. I loved the king size bed. I had a really great sleep on it.

The room had a nice sitting area and a nice office desk. The shower and toilet were separate from the sink which came in handy when me and my friend were getting ready for the day.

The room really makes you feel like you are some where tropical.

Room service was quick and the food was delicious.

The service reps were so nice every time we talked to them.

The layout of the hotel is very good, there was a few different events going on but everyone was evenly spreed out.

The only thing I have to say for a negative about the hotel is:

The maids cleaned our room a little later than we were expecting

There are kids every where.

I don't recommend this location for a romantic getaway because of the noise of the kids and location of the room being so close to the elevator.

The location is a bit far away from everything so I suggest you have car or a clear idea of which buses to take,

OVERALL:

The restaurant was great, The room was fun and relaxing, and service was awesome.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room facing outside.The inside suits maybe be facing the main activity area...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank katey t
LianeReeves, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Katey

I was so happy to read that you had a great weekend with us. Your review was insightful not just for perspective guests but also for us to work towards improving stays for everyone.

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind Regards,