“Above and beyond Front Desk assistance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry

Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Victoria, Canada
“Above and beyond Front Desk assistance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights and were very happy that we had made this decision.
We were in Winnipeg for our daughter's wedding which was at another venue. When presented on the day of the wedding with a last minute job of creating 18 wedding table seating lists, each with a logo, I asked the Front Desk staff if I could use their computer. Front Desk Manager, Karen, and colleague, Breanne, willingly agreed and helped me get set up. After realizing that I was struggling and rather stressed, Karen offered to do the job for me. She kindly freed me up to attend to other wedding matters while she did a superb job with the lists! Brushing off my my accolades and thanks, Karen assured me that what she had done was all in a day's work and nothing out of the ordinary. I, on the other hand, knew that I had been rescued and felt that the assistance provided had been above and beyond what anyone could expect.Thank you so much Karen!!
We enjoyed a visit to the Tavern United - were impressed by the friendly, efficient service and the 'Ultimate Double Smashed Burger' and salad, which brought us back with friends a second time!
Our room was spacious and very comfortable and we liked the European-style white duvets!
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank helpednhappy
LianeReeves, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear HelpednHappy

Thank you so much for your kind words Canad Inns Fort Garry!

I have shared your feedback with Karen and her team and you made their day! We continually strive to make sure our guest's needs are met and I feel that we succeeded!

I also love the double smashed burger at Tavern United! Our new menu is getting great reviews just like yours so thank you for the positive feedback!

Canad Inns Fort Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just stayed the one night.... the room was dated, but clean, and very convenient if attending the Dinner theatre. The dining area of the hotel is very nice, great breakfast (not included in room price) and they have a pool, but we didn't take the time to go see it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BurnsNovaScotia
Dear BurnsNovaScotia

Thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to hear you had a great time while staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I have stayed here more than once.This time we experienced the Castle Suite! It was Awesome. The detail in the room was really great, everything was decorated perfectly. The stone look,enclosed Jacuzzi tub and 360 swivel T.V. were the best. The staff were really Great- A special thanks to Karen and Sarah for going above and beyond & helping us find an extra life jacket!
Thanks Canad Inns Fort Garry for having such a great team! My family and I had a great end of summer Staycation! We will Definitely be back.

1 Thank Jmackenzi
DearJMackenzi

Thank you so much for your kind words, we love our theme rooms here at Canad Inns Fort Garry too!

I have passed along your posiive feedback to Karen and Sarah, they are both great staff members who try to make sure each and every guest feels welcomed.

Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked into this hotel for 2 nights. The first 4 rooms that we were shown had such a bad odor of cigarette smoke and chemicals to cover the smoke that it made me cough. After speaking to the manager we were given a room in the hotel next door that was newer and cleaner. He wanted to charge us more for the room. My husband talked him out of that. We had to move all our luggage into our car and haul it into the next hotel. We will not be staying with Canad Inns again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear JoAnnK

I am sorry that you had such a frustrating experience, I would however like to point out that your complaint about the smokefree rooms actually pertains to the property next door to mine. We were the property that you came to after your disappointment.

I hope that you would give my property another try and I ask that you contact me directly so that I can help you plan a stay that better reflects Canad Inns.

Liane Reeves

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

I'm a regular patron of both Aalto's and Tavern United at this location, and always recommend this hotel to my visiting clients and their families. Great value, excellent service from all departments, and consistent standards.

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
Dear Aaron

Thank you so much for the kind words for our restaurant outlets. With our new menu's and renovations you can see that we are focusing very much on the food and beverage product that we provide.

Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am in Winnipeg on a regular basis for work and always stay at the Canad Inn Fort Garry. It is reasonable close to the office, but I keep coming back because the staff treat me so well here. Always a very warm welcome when a check in, usually water bottles in my room and a small snack. I love the water bottles because I can use them at the gym. Eat at the Tavern and had a couple of drinks. Food was awesome for pub fare and the atmosphere is always relaxing. I will continue to spend my nights away from home here because they treat me so well. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: King Suites are the way to go.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alviesk
Dear Alviesk

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Travelling, especially regular travelling, can be stressful and it is always our goal to make our guests feel comfortable and at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in town.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Was only there for two nights...nice clean hotel, would definitely stay there again and bring my family the next time around. Lots of places to shop and eat around. Great breakfast buffet deal in the mornings.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Joshua

Thank you so much for your positive feedback.