“Stayed several time summer of 2014” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry

Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry
Ranked #41 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Wasagaming, Canada
“Stayed several time summer of 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed several times over the summer of 2014 in Queen rooms, King suites and the last time we had the enjoyment of using the South Seas theme room. The service of the staff has been excellent and they have taken care of us well. All the rooms were great and we plan to stay at this hotel again. The rooms have always been clean, and in good repair. All the rooms we stayed in have had a fridge and microwave which we always find convenient. We really enjoyed our meals at the Tavern and at Aaltos, they have a good selection on the menu and the weekend breakfast buffets, especially Sunday, was excellent (I have never seen an eggs benedict buffet station before at a buffet but they had one!) We have been to the Celebrations dinner theatre on site multiple times and they have been a lot of fun with a good meal. We have used the pool and the hot tub. I have to make one mention of the hot tub. I have one at home and know how to balance the chemicals and many hotels I have stayed at apparently do not because I have come away from a ten minute sit in some hotel's hot tubs with skin irritations that bordered on burns. The Canad Inn Fort Garry hot tub has always been great and I have never had any issues. For any of you with sensitive skin, this is the pool and hot tub to go to! Very clean pool facility. Lots of parking, never had any issues finding a convenient spot and good location in the city.

Room Tip: We like the king suites better than the queen rooms, mostly because we don't need the two beds a...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Jacquie P
LianeReeves, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Centre Fort Garry, responded to this review, 29 September 2014
Dear Jacquie

Thank you so much for your kind words about Canad Inns Fort Garry. It looks like you have made us your home away from home and we appreciate that!

I have passed your comments on to all of our department managers who have passed them along to all of their staff as positive feedback such as this really motivates all of us to work harder to provide this kind of experience to each and every one of our guests.

Canad Inns Fort Garry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Manitoba, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

We stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom, with our kids on the pullout couch in the living area. The bathtub was dirty; it was covered in hair and had a dirt ring around the sides. The toilet had also not been wiped and had hair and dust on it. The lock on the bathroom door was broken. The wifi signal was so weak that we couldn't go online with my laptop, Kindle or phone. The various items in the room were also not in good shape (peeling couch, blankets with holes in them, damaged sink, etc). The area around the pool often had water 1/4 inch deep; we had to be careful not to slip and fall when walking there.

On the plus side: the kids loved the pool and waterslide, and spent a lot of time swimming. It was really nice that there was a small kiddie pool close to the sitting area by the pool so our younger son could play while we sat nearby. We had minimal interaction with the staff, mainly asking for towels, but what we had was pleasant and effective.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bmwark
Dear Bmwark

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that we let you down on the cleanliness of your room.

We are continually training our room attendants to be detail oriented and it looks like we have more training to do.

Should you want to book with us in the future please contact me directly so that I can make sure that you have the positive experience that we strive to give each and every of our guests.

Liane Reeves

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

On March 14th, 2014 I checked out of the Canad Inns Fort Garry and thought I was leaving with my room deposit.

Unfortunately, this was not the case. It is now over 5 1/2 months later and I STILL don't have my deposit back.

I just spoke with the General Manager and have been advised that they will not be returning it at all.

Never mind the extremely poor service, and the false advertising of the rooms, please do yourself a favor and if the front desk asks you to leave a deposit, go to another hotel. Any hotel.

If the management team tries to use the excuse "... that person is still in training...", RUN to another hotel.

This entire experience is very easily the WORST customer service experience I have ever had. And I have traveled the world extensively.

Do not stay at this hotel. It is not worth the trouble. Unless you enjoy substandard service, being ripped off.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear TheWiseSage

Thank you for your feedback, we have two very different recollections of your stay but I will answer to your feedback regardless.

You are correct, we have been working with you for five and a half months on the various issues you feel you had while staying with us.

Unfortunately what is incorrect is how you describe the interactions.

We returned the deposit to your credit card upon check out as we do with all of our guests. When you alerted us to the fact that you could not see the deposit refund on your credit card our Guest Services Manager immediately contacted our banking institution to make sure that we had in fact returned it.

When she called you back to let you know that the return had happened as normal on our end she took the time to gather your credit card institution's contact information and called them directly to explain the situation. They had no answers as to why it didn't appear on your card but agreed that the fault was not on our end.

When you again called (at midnight) and demanded to speak to myself, our night auditor again took your information and checked into all channels of our banking to make sure that the refund went through and then called you back the next morning to reassure you that we had done our due diligence.

When you called back some weeks later at 9pm and demanded to be put through to my personal cell phone I reassured you again that we had done all the work that we could to make sure that your deposit had been returned. At no point did I say that your deposit would not be returned, instead I told you that we had done all that we could and as far as we were concerned the deposit had been returned.

I understand that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I understand that you feel that we have wronged you in some way and that is regretful. I also understand that I and my staff have done absolutely everything we possibly could to try and turn the situation around and I am proud of the service we have given to you.

I trust this closes the matter.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed 3 nights and were very happy that we had made this decision.
We were in Winnipeg for our daughter's wedding which was at another venue. When presented on the day of the wedding with a last minute job of creating 18 wedding table seating lists, each with a logo, I asked the Front Desk staff if I could use their computer. Front Desk Manager, Karen, and colleague, Breanne, willingly agreed and helped me get set up. After realizing that I was struggling and rather stressed, Karen offered to do the job for me. She kindly freed me up to attend to other wedding matters while she did a superb job with the lists! Brushing off my my accolades and thanks, Karen assured me that what she had done was all in a day's work and nothing out of the ordinary. I, on the other hand, knew that I had been rescued and felt that the assistance provided had been above and beyond what anyone could expect.Thank you so much Karen!!
We enjoyed a visit to the Tavern United - were impressed by the friendly, efficient service and the 'Ultimate Double Smashed Burger' and salad, which brought us back with friends a second time!
Our room was spacious and very comfortable and we liked the European-style white duvets!
All in all a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank helpednhappy
Dear HelpednHappy

Thank you so much for your kind words Canad Inns Fort Garry!

I have shared your feedback with Karen and her team and you made their day! We continually strive to make sure our guest's needs are met and I feel that we succeeded!

I also love the double smashed burger at Tavern United! Our new menu is getting great reviews just like yours so thank you for the positive feedback!

Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just stayed the one night.... the room was dated, but clean, and very convenient if attending the Dinner theatre. The dining area of the hotel is very nice, great breakfast (not included in room price) and they have a pool, but we didn't take the time to go see it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BurnsNovaScotia
Dear BurnsNovaScotia

Thank you for your feedback.

I was happy to hear you had a great time while staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family and I have stayed here more than once.This time we experienced the Castle Suite! It was Awesome. The detail in the room was really great, everything was decorated perfectly. The stone look,enclosed Jacuzzi tub and 360 swivel T.V. were the best. The staff were really Great- A special thanks to Karen and Sarah for going above and beyond & helping us find an extra life jacket!
Thanks Canad Inns Fort Garry for having such a great team! My family and I had a great end of summer Staycation! We will Definitely be back.

1 Thank Jmackenzi
DearJMackenzi

Thank you so much for your kind words, we love our theme rooms here at Canad Inns Fort Garry too!

I have passed along your posiive feedback to Karen and Sarah, they are both great staff members who try to make sure each and every guest feels welcomed.

Kitchener, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We booked into this hotel for 2 nights. The first 4 rooms that we were shown had such a bad odor of cigarette smoke and chemicals to cover the smoke that it made me cough. After speaking to the manager we were given a room in the hotel next door that was newer and cleaner. He wanted to charge us more for the room. My husband talked him out of that. We had to move all our luggage into our car and haul it into the next hotel. We will not be staying with Canad Inns again.

Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Dear JoAnnK

I am sorry that you had such a frustrating experience, I would however like to point out that your complaint about the smokefree rooms actually pertains to the property next door to mine. We were the property that you came to after your disappointment.

I hope that you would give my property another try and I ask that you contact me directly so that I can help you plan a stay that better reflects Canad Inns.