“Surprise and First Impressions”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Lindsay, Canada
“Surprise and First Impressions”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Arrived at the motel...clerk quoted $69 + taxes/fees....asked to see the room, clerk gave me the key and I checked it out. Bed was used and soiled...wet dirty towels left on the floor...room was already used. Went to the clerk, who didn't seem to really care. Offered to let me check out another room, I declined. I was surprised and my first impression is a lasting one. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank PatR359

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Horrible service, BED BUGS, dirty place, non smoking suit with cigarette ashes between the bed and wall( found that when looking for bed bugs) charged me $1300 + $300 for deposit still waiting to speak with the manager..... I left imeadiatly and went to different hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
11 Thank SeedOfSins

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Hello I stayed at this hotel in June of 2011. I had a very dingy room. It was gross. I went to take a shower and there was hair in my shower Eww, Being 7 months pregnant You want to stay in a nice clean room. I was not impressed at all. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone

Room Tip: There is no good tips about this place
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Caitlin P
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I am a landed immigrant from India and I had stayed at the Capri motel for almost 2 months. When I first tried to book a hotel room I found Capri motel was the cheapest among all the hotels around that area. They are the only place I found in South part of the town with full kitchenette suites with all the cooking facilities. The motel is old but inside of it was nice and clean. If anyone wants to save some money and not looking to spend honeymoon, I strongly recommend Capri motel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Md A
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

i am a student from china, came to study at u of m. i applied dorm at university, but not available until september. i found capri motel online, and came here, very close to school. bus stop is in front of the building. front desk girl is also a chinese, she is very friendly and nice, helped me a lot and gave lots of information. rent is cheaper compare to other motels. stay here is good for money

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed in room #53, and one day a man moved into room #52 with a bunch of inuit sculptures. My hubby helped the man move his stuff in his room, and even lent him a lighter for cigarette the day after. The day after that, my boyfriend and I saw the man passed out on his bed with his door and curtains WIDE OPEN. We laughed at him initially for passing out so carelessly and forgot about it until 3 days later. 3 Days later, my hubby looked back into his window to see his curtains still open and the man in the SAME position. We KNEW something was wrong, his arms were blotchy and his hands were black. We called the front desk whom opened the door only to release the strong stench of DEATH. Me and my hubby were so shocked and disgusted, especially my hubby bc he lent him a lighter a few days before. We were interviewed by police and we got to move rooms for free for the traumatic experience.

Other key points:
- Can`t get the smell of death out of my nose
- Rooms smell like drugs
- Dusty place, almost every room has mould and rot on everything
- Rooms rarely cleaned and maintained
- Wifi is slower than Dial-up
- Full of drug addicts and people who come to have sex and party
- I have a feeling death is common in a place like this....

I`m emotionally scarred from seeing this man just die, and RIGHT beside my room too. Could see and smell EVERYTHING. I assume he O.D`d or suicided.

Spending extra money at a higher class, chain hotel is a MUCH.. MUCH better option.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank iDulcet
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

The service was really horrible. We were charged 150$ for a room. When we went inside we saw the ac wasn't working so we complained. They showed us two more room one without an ac and one smell like a garbage can. When we decided we won't stay there the guy got really cranky and said he won't give us any refund. We had to call the police to get refund from them. The washroom is really bad and theres some gang people living in there. Don't ever stay here. Theres a nice korean motel just 5 min drive from there with less price and free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012