“Girl's weekend”

Riverstone Spa (Inn at the Forks)
Ranked #6 of 34 Spas & Wellness in Winnipeg
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful day at the Riverstone spa during a girl's weekend at Inn at the Forks. The spa facilities were fabulous. A great renovation of the spa since I was there last. 2 of our Deluxe Foot Treatments were done by very talented esthiticians but the other 1 esthitician was a bit disappointing. My Deluxe Hand treatment was good but again the esthitician was only OK. However, both treatments and what is included with the treatment was very good. Our massages were fantastic including the Brown Sugar Body Polish. The spa lounge and edible goodies were top notch. Very relaxing atmosphere to kick back and unwind.

All reviews
in 16 reviews
in 15 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband & I had a couples massage at the Riverstone Spa. It was my husbands first massage (my second) we were both impressed with the Riverstone spa. Being a first timer my husband had some silly questions for the staff “Do I get naked for a massage?” “Am I supposed to be quite during the massage?” All of which the staff answered with good humor & professionally, putting my husband at ease. The massage itself was relaxing and amazing. The lounge area was clean and cozy. Tea, infused water, & snacks were provided. All in all it was a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank AshleyB196
Reviewed 12 August 2013

great snacks! Very peaceful. I really enjoyed the sauna and being able to purchase a day pass to just hang out.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Clean, relaxing, great staff, lovely ambiance. BUT this one little detail spoiled the experience. To backtrack, I had received a gift certificate for Christmas 2012 and was thrilled to have the opportunity to try this spa. The lovely young woman at the reception area had the unfortunate responsibility of informing me that even though the certificate was purchased and paid in full in December 2012, 7 months before the PST hike, I now had to pay the additional monies upfront. Either this or lose the $160 in its entirety. The small amount is not the issue. The ethics of the situation is in question. Since the certificate was purchased in the hotel's 2012 fiscal or calendar year it would have been part of that year's revenue. This has nothing to do with the pst increase implemented in July 2013 to cover the expenses of the recent MB flood. From my perspective the decision to charge the additional monies is a blatant money grab. How unfortunate that such a reputable hotel would make such a miserly business decision.

7  Thank PatandHarv
See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I have been going to Riverstone Spa at Inn at the Forks for massages for a few years. It was always a very, very good experience. The decor of the lounge, the locker rooms, snacks, and the massage therapists, all great. Then, in the fall of 2012, the spa underwent renos and was closed for, as I recall, two months. We were super excited for the spa to open and booked appointments as soon as it reopen. Turned out to be a big disappointment. The lounge is not nearly as nice (in my opinion), the locker rooms are less than half the size (so they could add another one or two massagage rooms, the hour massage was reduced to fifty minutes, and the prices went up about 25%. There are a couple of positives: the therapists are still good, some very good, and the showers have great streaming water. It even seem they are cutting back on the snacks.

We were there today and there were cups, plates, and other garbage all over the lounge. And very little in the way of snacks. We don't go there to eat, but given the price increases, one kind of expects a little something. And, what I cannot figure out for the life of me is why they have such cheap shampoo and bodywash containers in the showers. It is maddening trying to use them.

I am sorry to say that today was our last visit. We are looking for a new place. A sad day.

4  Thank Tom S