“Worst Treatment Ever”

Riverstone Spa (Inn at the Forks)
Ranked #6 of 34 Spas & Wellness in Winnipeg
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had an unbelievably terrible experience at this spa today. I had an appointment for a manicure and was joining my daughter and a friend who were receiving services as well. I was seated beside my daughter in the mani/pedi room, was covered with a nice blanket and was just getting settled in for my treatment when my esthetician was called out of the room. When she returned, she informed me I had to leave my spot as they had double booked. I was ushered out to the hallway where I received my service. This was not relaxing and not what I paid for. No discount was offered. My esthetician was very nice and gave me a paraffin wax treatment and was apologetic however my day was ruined. The purpose for being there was to spend with my daughter and this did not happen. When I was finished I waited in the lounge where I cut open my hand and foot on some broken glass. I did not want to complain as I did not want to ruin the experience of the other two I was with. I will share my experience with my friends as I would not want them to waste their money on this sub standard experience.

8  Thank Theresa H
"forks"
in 15 reviews
"humour"

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had the deluxe hand & foot therapy & while the overall experience was good, the manicure & pedicure was disappointing. The polish was so thick that it didn't dry even after extra drying time. That day.....putting on my coat & boots, both the manicure & pedicure were ruined. It does come with (even though you pay for it in the price, I'm sure) both treatments, however I have had other manicures & pedicures (less expensive) that have lasted for weeks. When I emailed my comments, i received no response....I guess they have too many clients to worry about one unhappy one. For the price, disappointing even though the atmosphere was lovely.

4  Thank Leslie L
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful day at the Riverstone spa during a girl's weekend at Inn at the Forks. The spa facilities were fabulous. A great renovation of the spa since I was there last. 2 of our Deluxe Foot Treatments were done by very talented esthiticians but the other 1 esthitician was a bit disappointing. My Deluxe Hand treatment was good but again the esthitician was only OK. However, both treatments and what is included with the treatment was very good. Our massages were fantastic including the Brown Sugar Body Polish. The spa lounge and edible goodies were top notch. Very relaxing atmosphere to kick back and unwind.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband & I had a couples massage at the Riverstone Spa. It was my husbands first massage (my second) we were both impressed with the Riverstone spa. Being a first timer my husband had some silly questions for the staff “Do I get naked for a massage?” “Am I supposed to be quite during the massage?” All of which the staff answered with good humor & professionally, putting my husband at ease. The massage itself was relaxing and amazing. The lounge area was clean and cozy. Tea, infused water, & snacks were provided. All in all it was a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone.

3  Thank AshleyB196