“The CHOP a great place to eat”

Chop Steakhouse & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chop Steakhouse & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,653 Restaurants in Winnipeg
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: St. James Industrial
Cross street: Century St.
Description: Winnipeg's Chop Steakhouse is located minutes from the Winnipeg International Airport. Visit us for a great steak or seafood dinner and a glass of wine.
Mississauga, Canada
“The CHOP a great place to eat”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

When we were staying at the Best Western Plus, we had already eaten there and wanted to try something different. We went for a walk and found The Chop. The ambiance was good and the food delicious. Our server Krissy was very attentive and helpful. We could have gone on the patio, but it was just too windy, but on a nice sunny day, it would have been perfect for lunch/dinner out there.
The only thing was it was a little pricey, but maybe in the long run it was worth it because the food was delicious.

• Visited June 2014

Winnipeg
“Very nice experience in dining”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Had to have the prime rib, had heard they prepare it differently than most. Not disappointed, had the large portion with mushroom add-on and took a large portion of it home. Also tried a specialty hors d'ouevre, the crab tacos,... very different and delicious! With the prime rib comes a horse radish to die from due to the heat... exquisite!!! Learned that they prepare it in the kitchen daily! Long time since I have found such a treasure! Cannot say if they have outdoor seating, but quite enjoyed the dining area, guess next time I must visit the ladies room to see what the fuss is about in there,... (see Robyn1978 review)

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sandy W
Winnipeg, Canada
“Loved the Ambiance”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The atmosphere was wonderful and it may sound strange, but just going into the ladies room was a great experience. The food was good, however, for the amount you receive and the price it wasn't spectacular. It was a nice treat. The waiter was nice enough and attentive, however, it felt like he was continuous trying to sell, sell, sell us more than we wanted at that time. We didn't want to drink and drive and I told him so right at the beginning, but he came back often asking if we wanted wine. Every time he was trying to up the order and I said no thank you, he walked away looking annoyed. Then when we were finished and I had my wallet and credit card on the table he came back with dessert menus and went off on a tangent about his favorite dessert, but graciously went on and on about all the desserts. This is after, I didn't finish my meal "because I was full". So, all in all it was fine. I would go back maybe with a friend for an appetizer (Prime Rib Yorkies I really enjoyed) and a drink in the lounge some time, because I liked the ambiance so much.

• Visited April 2014
Winnipeg
“Surprisingly Good”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Have been for lunch on two occasions. Very quiet in mid week. Decor classy and washrooms outstanding. Background music a tad loud. Reception and service outstanding. Menu interesting and food well prepared. Wine list very varied and good. steak bites excellent. Onion rings and crab tacos very good. Chicken Sandwich and Salmon burger very good. A little pricey but on a par with similar style restaurants.

• Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“One of the best dining choices in Winnipeg”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Hands down, one of the best dining experiences in Winnipeg. I have traveled and have enjoyed dining in several big cities and if you are looking for a great dining experience similar to restaurants in expected in big cities, I highly recommend Chop. They have several excellent menu choices with knowledgable and friendly staff to assist you. Our group particularly enjoyed their Filet and Halibut. The decor is contemperary to modern with a darker but warm ambiance. The menu is priced fairly for the entire experience and worth it.

Visited April 2014