“Great from Start to Finsih”

Canad Inns Garden City
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Wow. We were attending a wedding and decided to book a room. The staff at this hotel were over the top. Smiles and what can we do were the norm. The wedding went great, fun had by all and the food was great.. We slipped out to the Tavern between meal and speech and didn't want to leave. The Jets were on the big screens and the beer was cheap! Back to the wedding and then off to the room. if you get the chance ask for the third floor. The room was awesome. We will be back, long before a wedding. Thank you Canad Inns !!

Room Tip: no fitness centre or spa just got carried away !!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Lisa. Thank you for your kind words. I often only hear the negatives and it is great to hear some positive feedback as well. The staff here are the most upbeat and positve group I have been around. I will pass on your comments to all. Thank you for choosing Canad Inns Garden City and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The room was very well appointed, large, comfortable and very clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. So comfy we didn't want to leave it! The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family.
The staff was super friendly and very accomodating. The staff meets a large volume of people with different personalities but not once did I see any grumpy staff. All smiles; all the time.
I would definitely recommend your hotel to everyone that asks where to stay in Winnipeg!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Canad Inns Garden City. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to our staff. I can say with all honesty this is the best group of people I have had an opportunity to work with and it is great to see that their hard work is being recognized. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Canad Inns Garden City is one of the best hotels I have stayed in so far. I stayed on the 3rd floor. The staff (especially Wendy, Paolo and Francis) are super nice and welcoming. The hotel has everything you can ask for (Pool, Restaurant, Bars, Casino, Liquor Store), its very clean and well looked after by the staff. Thank you Canada Inns Garden City!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has very nice rooms!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My spouse and I stayed at the Canad inns garden city for one night in July. The room was large, comfortable,clean with the best bed I have ever slept in. The room came equipped with microwaves and a bar fridge which was very convenient for my family. We had a great experience in both tavern and altos. Playmakers was a lot of fun. The new vlt machines are very addictive. The staff took the time to make sure all our needs were addressed in a polite and courteous manner. I mentioned to the staff that the beds were fantastic and they informed us they were upgrading all rooms with new beds. I will most definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2013

After a long and tiring day in the "city" for medical appointments we discovered it was not an easy thing to find a room in Winnipeg! After several fruitless tries we ended up at the Cana Inns Garden City facility.....
Our room was beautiful....the service great.
I've never seen so many smiling faces at a hotel!
Next morning we went for breakfast....and again smiling faces everywhere....
Will we recommend Garden City? You betcha!
Will we go back....YES!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Judith, thank you for your kind words. I will pass them on to the staff. A very important part of our company Mission Statement is "families serving families". It is great to see that our family here at Canad Inns Garden City were able to take care of your family. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The rooms were large and clean. Our room had a king bed, fireplace, desk, couch, fridge, microwave, large tv. The staff were friendly and helpful. It also has a pool with water slide, hot tub nd kiddie pool. The restaurant was reasonably priced and had daily buffets. I would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed at the hotel on the 29th & 30th of March, 2013. I accidentally left my engagement ring in the room for 3 hours while we went shopping etc. Got back and the ring was gone, spoke with front desk, manager and housecleaners. We went through garbage bags, vacuum cleaner bag & waited on laundry as the house keepers apparently changed linen. No ring was found!! Left sunday and was told that they would strip the room. I made police report and still waiting from response from manager about the stripping of the room. I am very upset someone there has sticky fingers.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Joyce M
Duane B, General Manager at Canad Inns Garden City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Joyce: It is very unfortunate that you ring has gone missing. As i mentioned during our conversation yesterday, I have been kept informed of the situation starting the moment that you realized you did not have your ring. We are doing everyting we can to locate your ring, including going through the garbages, vaccum bags, laundry and the room itself. As i also mentioned during our conversation that we have our VP of security working with the WPS to investigate and will do everyting we can to locate your ring. I am not sure it is fair to conclude that it is a member of our staff until the police have finished their investigation. We have not had a single concern with theft from a guest room during my time at this property. I can assure you we will continue to search for the ring and will keep you informed of any updates we have.

Duane Borton