“Hits the spot”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown Winnipeg
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

I don't ordinarily eat Chinese food, but I decided to try the Lucky Koi as it was near my hotel. Upon entering the restaurant (no actual tables/chairs), it appeared as though it needed a face lift... And maybe a good cleaning of the entry rug. Besides that, the customer service was good and friendly. I ordered the tofu curry and chicken Kung Poa. Bother were tasty and the portion size was great for the price! If I would go back, I would order the Kung Poa again, but I wasn't a huge fan of the curry tofu (I think it was the sauce I didn't like....)

I would return again and try something different next time!

Reviewed 19 March 2016

We love this place and the food is always delicious. The variety of dishes makes it always fun to try something different. The staff are friendly and always ready with great suggestions.

Reviewed 19 June 2015

Lucky koi was our go to for tasty, fast and cheap Chinese. Not so much anymore. No love left in this food now that they've built clientele. Dishes are tiny, barely and meat and overly greased and salted. So much for fast service too. This last order took an hour for 4 dishes. 4 greasy, tiny dishes.

Time to find a new neighborhood spot. So long lucky koi.

Reviewed 25 May 2015

Lucky Koi Express is a nice little Chinese takeout place. The menu is limited, as compared to other Winnipeg Chinese restaurants, but everything offered is well prepared and very tasty. Delivery is always fast and friendly.

Reviewed 24 November 2011

The eggrolls were greasy- the fat in the deep fryer was fresh, but not up to temperature.. The "special" fried rice wasn't..and it was over-salted and greasy..The black bean and garlic beef dish also suffered from too much salt and a heavy commercial glop sauce..

1  Thank CollingsBob