“Stayover”

Ranked #10 of 14 Winnipeg B&B and Inns
australia
“Stayover”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I arrived in Winnipeg, after a long flight from Sydney. This inn was booked online so I did not know what to expect. Firstly, the taxi fare was very very reasonable using the meter price for such a short ride to and from the airport. On arrival at the Inn, I can assure you I was not disappointed. The reception staff were ever so friendly, and I was directed to a room at the back on the second floor in a separate building. It turned out JUST RIGHT to bunk down for the night, everything was there, it looked so comfortable, tidy and clean. The bed and the pillows were also Just Right for a very weary traveller. I had a meal in their dining room, it was yummie. The early reminder call was on time. I could not fault, in any way, this inn. I was glad I had booked into this Inn, and was in an the area which overlooked a beautiful park. I did return to this inn on my way back to Sydney again one night stay. I would recommend this inn, and this is why I am going to stay again in July 2014.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank janet074

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Snow Lake, Canada
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We needed an economical place to stay while we visited our daughter in hospital. This was it. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The beadspreads were getting a bit worn but everything else seemed updated. The washrooms were completely updated and the rooms had big screen TVs. There was even a workout room with stationary bicycle, treadmill, and elliptical. We didn't use them though. We stayed at the building across Albany street from the main lobby. We had a room away from Portage avenue and it was quiet. The building is centrally heated/cooled with what seemed to be hot water radiators in the room. The room was quite warm so I turned the radiator right off but when we returned several hours later it was still quite warm. I was able to easily regulate the temperature by opening the window and that suited us fine.
The full breakfast and restaurant service was excellent. The front desk was prompt.
You can't beat the price and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side away from Portage Ave. for quietness.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Milbers
Ontario
Reviewed 26 July 2012

very comfortable room, great bed flat screen TV , door card readers that really work first time. updated bathroom, central air very quiet. we stayed I the motel section and you have to go across the street to check in and out and access dining areas. one street over is a " cop shop". so I think that kept it pretty quiet.

Room Tip: go for a rear room 2ndfloor away from street noise and has small balcony, facing large parking lot...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Had a terrible experience here. Had my camera stolen from my room. Hotel front desk were rude and unhelpful. Would never stay here or recommend it to anyone. Seems like a party place. People drinking and partying on the balcony all night. Rooms are really substandard and its better to pay 10 or 15 dollars more for something better and and in a better location. I repeat ...DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank TravelGuy_Canada64

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

wegelagerer
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel many times, mainly because of its location (close to the event we attended). Making reservations well ahead. But once again our reservations could not be found, apperently that was our fault,lol, the rooms are digusting, the whole property is in disrepair with unfriendly staff and new very unreasonable prices.

Room Tip: Take a room upstairs NOT facing Portage Ave. or you will be up all night. Keep an eye on your vehicl...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank wegelagerer
Portage la Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This place is like a diamond in the ruff. Recently rennovated rooms and a smoke free environment. Was $75 per night plus tax but it included a FULL hot breakfast in the morning (bacon and eggs). We went to the bar that night to watch a live band and had a great time. The motel is in a separate building too so no noise from the bar late at night. We will definately go back there and tell our friends.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple