“Close to Children's Hospital”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #59 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great hotel close to Children's hospital. Stay comes with complimentary Continental Breakfast. Staff are friendly and helpful. Hotel looks to have been recently renovated. Rooms were large and in great shape. A/C in the room was very nice. Good price for the Money. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Best to get a room away from the elevator. It is kind of noisy but other than that. A great stay.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MartyJN
Pam S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

What a lovely review! I am so pleased to hear that you were happy with the room, the price, the breakfast, and especially the service you received. Hearing you say that you would stay with us again is truly the icing on the cake – we look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Spacious room that had seen better days. Overpriced (as all hotels in Canada) and VERY poor neighborhood. Carpet was well-worn and facilities weren't very clean. Breakfast was a joke. If you don't have a need to be in the area, Avoid this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. I am always disappointed to hear that a guest had a less-than-exceptional experience. I truly appreciate the feedback, as we are constantly striving to improve, and comments such as these show us the areas we need to focus on. I hope that the many positive reviews we have received will show that we do strive for Customer Satisfaction in every aspect of your stay.
In spite of your disappointment, I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Winnipeg, as I am confident that we can provide a clean, comfortable, affordable stay with great service, and that you will have a much more positive opinion of the Econo Lodge Winnipeg if you do give us another chance to serve you.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I chose this hotel because of its close proximity to the Health Sciences Centre in Winnipeg. While we knew Econo Lodges are considered budget hotels we could not have been more pleasantly surprised by our experience. The desk clerk was very friendly and welcoming and the rooms were modern, clean and very comfortable. The quality of our room equaled that of a well known Manitoba hotel chain nearby which has a parkade available but the daily rate is very high. There was no charge for parking at Econo Lodge. The continental breakfast is free and was very satisfactory. The hotel manager approached us and asked us if we needed anything which was a nice touch. We have made our fourth booking for our next trip to Winnipeg and I expect we stay here often in the future.

Room Tip: The hotel is a short drive to major retail chains and one of Winnipeg's casinos. The entrance to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FrankBruyere

I am so happy to hear that you have stayed with us repeatedly, and have been pleased with the service and the accommodations each and every time! I am especially glad to hear that you will be continuing to stay with us, as a customer that returns to us is the greatest compliment we can receive!
The Manager that you spoke with is no longer working here, but I hope that I too get a chance to visit with you the next time you stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to review your stays with us. I hope we have the opportunity of having you stay with us many more times in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was a little skeptical about the location of this hotel after reading some reviews, but it really isn't that bad. The parking lot is open and well lit. Once inside, the lobby is very nicely renovated, the rooms are clean and also very modern. The staff will bend over backwards to accommodate any request that you may have. The best thing is the cost; I was in town for 4 nights and I save over 200 bucks from the next closest one. There is a busy road adjacent to the hotel and traffic can get noisy, but it didn't affect our sleep at all. Wi-fi is available throughout the hotel which was very nice.

Room Tip: It may be worth getting a room on the south side if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised upon your arrival. It is so nice when travellers take the time to highlight specific aspects of their stay, and I especially appreciate your comments regarding the staff – they are a great Team, and we appreciate the kind words!
We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

This hotel has nice clean rooms, the king bed and new pillows were very comfortable, the smoking suite had two TV's, an updated bathroom which was very clean, new furniture, good Wi-Fi, and lots of parking, there is a liquor store on the other end of the parking lot. The staff here though is very professional, they were very helpful and friendly. There is a nice lounge with a big screen that has coffee 24 hours a day, and newspapers. There is a half decent breakfast in the morning. They even opened it early for me, as I was awaiting the gold medal hockey game on the sunday morning. All kinds of eating options and Tims closeby. Great value here , on my way back after being up in Riverton , I returned to stay another night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate all feedback from our guests – especially such glowing compliments such as these!
We are constantly working to improve all areas of service so that every guest can experience an exceptional stay, and your comments mean so much to my Team – they work hard and I appreciate you explaining what you enjoyed – and your honest description of the breakfast offered.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your stay so others will hopefully be encouraged to stay with us as well if they are in Winnipeg. I hope we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again very soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

This econo lodge is pretty typical. The room is good, clean, and the bed is comfortable. The neighborhood is a little rough in appearance. We drove to dinner, a 5 minute drive on corydon and that neighborhood is fine. The front desk clerk is outstanding and vrry helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Boasting flat screen tv's and smoking rooms on the top floor. This hotel is located close to Winnipeg's Health Sciences hospital which is located in the ghetto of Winnipeg. With that being said this hotel provides excellent security and has an excellent bang for the buck. its updated rooms with comfortable beds make for a great nights rest. If you are staying due to health reasons quote the hospital rate and you should be able to stay the night for right around a hundred canadian dollars.

• Stayed: August 2013