“A great place to stay in Winnipeg!”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Victoria, Canada
“A great place to stay in Winnipeg!”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights at the Victoria Inn. The affordable room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was particularly firendly and helpful. The hotel is very close to the new airport and was not far from the Polo Park Shopping Centre. The food in the restaurant was good and the service was excellent. Lots of other restaurants in the area to choose from as well.Although the hotel was very busy but it was not a problem. I used the small but adequate business centre and found it very convenient. There is plenty of parking here as well.

The best and most memorable part of our stay was the fact that our daughter was married in the hotel. The Victoria Inn did a great job of hosting this event. They went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome. Thank you Victoria Inn Staff!

Room Tip: The back of the hotel was quiet. There are excellent rooms with bunkbeds for the kids as well.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jharveynh
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for your review and your business. This is why we come to work every day. In what other business do you have the opportunity of touching so many people with lifetime memories? We thank you and your daughter for allowing us to share your magical day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Thompson, Canada
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here over the weekend we picked here for the dino waterpark for our son which he loved. We stayed in room 223 which was a large room with a microwave and a frige which we needed. They Sent up a playpen for our younger child to sleep in, Room was cleaned everyday when we returned from our day in the city. We found that there was a little too much noise in the hall ways at night, On our last day my son was having a bath and the water turned a dark yellow so that was end of his bath. Front desk was alway there to help if needed.

Room Tip: Seem that they have many different type of room to choose from!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Great to hear you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. One of the great features of our hotel is that we are a brick construction building. This is great because you can hear your neighbors average conversations like in a wood constructed hotel, but this also does make the hallway traffic echo a little more if talking loudly. As for the other comment we will be bringing that up with our maintenance people. Thank you for your business we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My stay at this hotel started out annoying and just got worse. I used the house phone at the airport to ask for an exact address to give to the taxi driver and the person on the other end of the phone gave me that information. What would have been nice to know is that they run a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and we could have saved the $10.00 taxi fair. I guess if you don't ask the question, they don't tell you.

When I checked in, my room was very warm, over 90 degrees and I couldn't adjust the heat. I phoned down to the desk and they said they would send someone up to fix it. I was going out for the evening, so told them to go ahead and fix it without me being in the room. When I got back to my room four hours later, it was now 93 degrees. I phoned the desk again. They sent the security guy who pushed the same buttons I had tried. Then they sent the bellman - whose solution was to crawl under the table and unplug the heating unit. He seemed quite surprised that I wasn't prepared to crawl under the table myself to control the heat in the room by plugging the heater in and out. I asked to be moved. Which they did. They sent up new room keys but when I tried the key, it wouldn't work. So back down to the front desk for another set of keys. By this time it was alomost midnight and I had to be up for 6:00 a.m. the next day. Exhausted I went to bed.

The next evening when I was laying in bed watching TV, my hotel room door was banging. I couldn't figure out was causing it. I had my window open a crack, but it shouldn't have caused the door to bang - when I checked the door I discovered that the peephole had no glass in it - it was literally a hole in the door - about 1.5 inch diameter hole. I guess I was too tired the night before to have noticed. I was not about change rooms again as I was leaving in the morning, so I stuffed a napkin the hole and went to bed.

When I checked out I told the desk clerk about the hole in the door. She found it amusing. No real apology - no adjustment to the bill - nothing! I would not stay here again and I certainly would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Shelmag
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Guest,
We have read your comments and have provided these concerns to our department manager. I assure you that we will be taking them under advisement for training purposes.
Your feedback is invaluable as an example with our staff on how unique each travellers needs are. In your case you asked a question and received an answer regarding the address. The Airport Hotel Guide Phone that you were calling from is routed directly to our front desk and we do receive a lot calls to simple answer all kinds of questions, but we should not have assumed that asking for the address meant you necessarily only needed the address. You also needed a ride.
As for the room temperature, I do apologize, it is clear the unit was not working correctly and our procedure if that we should have moved you immediately to avoid the discomfort, this is common practice. Every one of our guest’s thoughts and feelings of a stay are very welcome. We may not have succeeded on your stay to create the best experience but we will use it to provide the best customer service.
Creighton Saskatchewan Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at the Victoria Inn on March 29 and again April 13, 2012.
Our first room was #330 - End of the Hall.
It had a walk in steam shower, a separate sitting area with a propane fireplace, and french doors leading into the King Size Bed room.
Our return stay we were offered 2 Queen Beds, and I advised the Front Desk that our TA had booked us a King Size Bed.
The Clerk offered us a room 524 on the Executive Floor.
It was great!
Loved the idea of a quiet floor.
We ate at Chicago Joe's both nights. First time we had crab cakes, Cream of Aspargus Soup, Wings, and Sirloin Salad. Second time we had the Chef's Special (Pork Chop with Apple and Walnut Confit) and Ribs. Food is very good, and presentation excellent!
Loved the benefit of the 24 hr Free Shuttle service!
So, if you are a single person, or a couple, and want a quiet place to stay, request either a room on the Executive Level (5th Floor) or Room 330!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bat-S-Crazy59
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Best place hands down to stay if you're flying out the next morning. Love the wonderful themed waterpark. Kids are worn right out and easy to get them to sleep before the big day. Rooms are clean and spacious and beds are comfy. Free shuttle to airport is easy and convenient. No brainer

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Meegs123
Winkler, Mb
Reviewed 27 March 2012

They promised us free parking for one week with one night stay but no they even charged us the first night parking while we were staying in the hotel. It is a rip off.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Parking Guest:
We are sorry for the misunderstanding regarding the parking of vehicles longterm at our hotel; we will be ensuring that our staff is clear with regards to explaing how the parking at our hotel works. We have always charge long term parking at our hotel, so I am not sure where this was missed
We provide daily parking complimentary with your guest stay and we charge for our secured outdoor (gated fence) or indoor longterm parking. Both of these longterm parking options are provided on a first come first serve basis and you are charge as soon as you leave your vehicle in the longterm parking. This would have been why there was a charge during the night stay.
Our longterm parking is provided as a conveinience of a one stop shop to our guests. There are other longterm parking options in the area that also charge more per day for parking and even charge if you need thier shuttle service.
I encourage everyone to do your research and find the service that is best for your longterm parking. If you would like the comfort of knowing that you are right by the airport the night before you leave and your car is safely parked for your vacation and we will shuttle you to (and from) the airport complimentary and on demand, then we are a good option for you. If you want to drive in the day you leave and hope to find parking at whatever cost in the area then there are options for that as well.
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We arrived about two hours before check-in time. They had our room ready and immedately checked us in. They helped us with taxi info and restaurant info. Great staff!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for the nice comments, we appreciate hearing that the efforts we put in to ensure our staff are "over trained" and provide great service pays off. We look forward to your return visit.