“Excellent Hotel, with Great Staff”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great Hotel, I stay at the Victoria Inn, every time I go to Winnipeg. Easy to get too, Close to the Airport. The Staff is always great to deal with. I would recommend this hotel for anyone catching a flight from the airport to people looking for a weekend getaway.
Already Looking forward to my next Stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you, for your raving review. We appreciate your business and your loyalty to our hotel. As a regular guest please make sure that your have a Rewards Card. Rewards are available for all purchases of hotel rooms or in our restaurant. See you on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a decent place to stay if you're looking to use the Winnipeg airport, or if you happen to be attending a wedding (or other event) here and like to just walk up to your room at the end of the evening. I don't think I'd recommend it to tourists as you're far from any notable attraction. There's a large pool area that looked great for kids with a water slide, but because of some larger groups staying at the hotel (on a Saturday night) it was too packed to even try. Rooms are clean, hallways are quiet later on, lots of easy parking. Very busy hotel with conferences and other functions. Very friendly and helpful service at the front desk. Online rates are a little high, especially with all of the competing hotels new to the area.

Room Tip: I'd stay away from the main hallway as there is a lot of traffic to and from the pool. A higher...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest: Thank you for your review. we appreciate your time and Business. I am glad that you appreciated our great staff with their helpful and friendly service on such a busy weekend at the hotel.
One of the great things that Winnipeg has going for it is that compared to most other Canadian cities our airport is only 10 - 12 minutes drive to downtown and only 5 minutes from Winnipeg's largest shopping mall and restaurant area, 10 minutes from the IKEA Shopping Complex, 7-8 Minutes from the NEW unique, only available to be seen in Winnipeg; Journey to Churchill Exhibit opening July 3rd, 2014 at the Assinibione Park Zoo, which is also the 2nd largest urban park in north america, and 4 minutes from the Western Canadian Aviation Museum, I love Winnipeg because no matter where you stay your only minutes from it all!!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had a province-wide conference at the Victoria Inn in Winnipeg, May 2-4. Our association has used this facility numerous times, because it is convenient, both for local delegates as well as out-of-town guests. I have also been a guest here for private events. When we have weekend programs, I usually check in for the duration because it is clean, comfortable, convenient and saves me wrestling with traffic to and from. It is always a great happening, as this is the only time many of us see each other. The food is quite enjoyable, and the front desk staff is very friendly and accommodating. I am not speaking on behalf of the association, but merely relating my own experience. I look forward to using your facility again in the future and have no hesitation recommending it to others. Thank you.

Room Tip: I appreciated the fact that there was a grab bar in the shower. Corporate floor was quiet and relax...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel we appreciate the acknowledgement that we provide great service to our customers.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my second time staying at the Victoria Inn in Winnipeg. This time around my stay was very short. I needed a place to rest our heads as I had 4 children traveling with us. We were booked into a room with a separate room for the kids. The room had two sets of bunk beds, an Xbox, fish all over the walls etc. It was a very nice room and the kids absolutely loved it. The room overlooked the pool but unfortunately it was closed at the time in which we arrived. I will say however that the kids loved the pool during our last stay. The room was clean, well maintained and the shower was AMAZING. Probably the best shower I have ever had :) Thank you Victoria Inn for a wonderful stay.

PS; There is a free shuttle too and from the airport. In addition the airport is very close by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your repeat business and review of our hotel.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Acres of parking, nice clean rooms, no breakfast included but their restaurant, Chicago Joe's is excellent. Handy to the airport. Nice pool. Funny that the coffee maker and refrigerator are in the bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tombassinger
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for comments we appreciate your business. We are looking at relocating the coffee makers.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We were getting away for a night and decided to try the Victoria Inn. It said there was a pool and hot tub so we figured we could relax, have a quiet evening, have supper...

As soon as we got into the hotel we saw nearly 100 kids running around inside the lobby and in the pool area (you can see the pool area behind the front desk). We gathered that there was a birthday party going on.

The front desk staff were very nice and helpful. No problems with service at all.

When we got our key we tried to find an elevator. There's only one elevator on our side of the huge hotel and it's located a short block away from the front door. Apparently if you're on the 4th or 5th floor you have to put your room key into the elevator and then push the button. It had to be one of the slowest elevators of all time but we made it to our room. For being such a big hotel, the one elevator was a huge pain every time we tried to go up or down from our room. After a while I just took the stairs.

The room was very clean, the bed was nice. The pillows seemed over sized but my wife liked it so hey I won't complain! There were lots of channels to pick from. Given the amount of children in the hotel there was very little (almost zero) noise coming from outside our room which was great.

Talking to one of the parents of the kids, the pool was actually only knee high deep so there's no way you can swim. And even though there was a hot tub it was full of kids all the way to closing time (11 PM) so we pretty much stayed in our room.

We did, however, go for supper in the hotel to the Chicago Joe's restaurant. The staff were friendly enough. We looked at the menu and the prices were definitely more than we were expecting. The prices compared to the Olive Garden or something like that. We though we were in for a great supper! The food wasn't very good, some of it I'm 100% sure came out of a can or from the freezer. We paid over $70 for 2 regular size meals...almost as much as the hotel room. If you're looking to go out while staying here, try one of the hundreds of other restaurants around Winnipeg.

Overall, the hotel was fine. It's more kid oriented, so I wouldn't take your significant other there for a nice relaxing weekend! There's pretty good deals on kids dinosaur pool parties; if your kids are into that! I think it was like $20 per kid's wrist band to swim for the afternoon. You won't get the whole pool area to yourself though.

I wouldn't come back to this hotel with my wife but if you have kids that love swimming this is the place for you!

Room Tip: If you don't want to wait 10 minutes for an elevator every time, get a lower floor number (1-3...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your review we appreciate your honest opinions.
We certainly do cater to a family environment on weekends as do many hotels, recognizing this fact we do offer our 4th and 5th floor for travelers that want to be away from the noise and the traffic of children. These floors, where you were, are only accessible by guests registered to those floors providing additional quiet and our 5th floor is dedicated Adult with no Children.
I was very disappointed to read about your experience in our restaurant, we certainly do not prepare food out of a can, and as the largest convention hotel in Winnipeg we make sure our food quality is very good, and our portion size provides value to our guests. We are so committed to our food and our guest’s satisfaction that we offer a "3 bite guarantee". If you are not satisfied with your meal with in 3 bites we will remake your order or allow you to select another item to replace it.
I understand that we were not the hotel that you were looking for as a night away with your wife and although we can provide a nice romantic room and an intimate dining experience, our Dino Beach Water Park will always be family based.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The room was small but clean. The 2 double beds were very soft and having a fridge in the washroom was a little different. The pool was clean and good for very small children. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful as well. We had a couple nice meals in the restaurant.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
victoriainnmanager, Director of Sales at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for you for your review Jason, we like that we have a little something for everyone, the pool for families, the convention centre for meetings and a little fancy for our Corporate clients on the Corporate floor. Some extra amenities and secure card locked floor with no kids booked on the floor might be a little more your style. Ask about pricing on your next reservation.