“Great Service by Gerald at the Front Desk!”

Comfort Inn Winnipeg South
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Truro, Canada
“Great Service by Gerald at the Front Desk!”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I have been in the hospitality industry for 20 + years and I must say, Gerald at the front desk was amazing. He was very helpful and knew his job extremely well. After we checked in he even called our room to see if everything was OK. I only wish there were more friendly and efficient people like him to greet a tried traveler along the way. I will definitely choose this place to stay if ever back in Winnipeg and will also recommend it to others. Thanks Gerald! The room itself was very nice, comfortable and very clean. Loved the new renovations! Also breakfast was amazing with so much to choose from.

Room Tip: If all rooms was like ours, then all are great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Georgina T
Charlene K, Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for your recent review of our newly renovated Comfort Inn Winnipeg South. We are
pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Gerald provided you with great service. Gerald is pleased to see that he was mentioned in your review. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn and we value all feedback from our guests.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you again should you be in the Winnipeg area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The rooms were clean and updated. Breakfast was good. The service was the best part of the trip. I came in late at night and there was a line to check in. Charm was working the front desk and was friendly and patient. She was also working in the morning and was again very friendly and assisted me in finding something to do. I'd return to this location!

Room Tip: I stayed near an exit and the door banged all night. Request a room away from a door.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa B
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us at our newly renovated Comfort Inn Winnipeg South. I will ensure that Charm is aware of your review and receives recognition for a job well done. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn and we value all feedback from our guests.
Steinbach, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We only had the opportunity to stay one night, but let me tell you about it!! The front desk staff was extremely inviting and friendly!! The room was immaculately clean and well stocked with all ammenities offered. Bathrooms were massive and very clean...bed was beautifully displayed when we arrived, etc. They offer you free WIFI with your stay as well! We were offered free HOT continental breakfast, but were unable to attend. I would love to go on and on...but why don't you see for yourself!! The newly renovated hotel is amazing!! I will agree with others who've reviewed...they could do some work to the outside, but who knows maybe it's in the works.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MelWares
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at our newly renovated Comfort Inn Winnipeg South. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guest satisfaction is very important to us at the Comfort Inn and we value all feedback from our guests. I am sorry to hear you were not able to try out our new Hot Breakfast. We serve the Hot Breakfast daily from 6:30 to 9:30am so maybe on your next stay you can join us. Or if you are traveling again soon you can try out one of our newly renovated Comfort Inn's in Brandon, Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, Swift Current, Edmonton or Winnipeg Airport location.
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Winnipeg so for work. It took a little while to check in, but I think they were training a new employee. Once I got to the room though I was surprised and happy. The room I had had a king bed a couch chair and all the other regular manatees it was huge. The bathroom was double the size of most hotels. Tons of room to stretch out and relax for the evening. The bed was also comfortable which is a must in my mind. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in the city.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank theGrant1
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor so that others can be assured of the level of service they will receive when they visit our hotel.

We have recently been fully renovated and added the King bedded rooms, I am happy to say we have had lots of great comments on our renovations.

Thank you again and we look forward to hosting you during your next visit to Winnipeg.
Fergus Ontario
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The property is fresh, clean and a nice place to stay. What really made my stay great was the happy, efficient staff that seemed to really take pride in their job. Charm helped me (and a number of other guests) get checked in with a smile and really made my stay here great!

Thanks Charm!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Dcaplan
Charlene K, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Charm is a great asset to our team and I will ensure that she sees your post. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Winnipeg.
Rochester
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We chose this hotel because of the proximity to the perimeter around Winnipeg. The outside of the hotel nearly made us want to find another place, but it was late and we had driven a long time. The desk clerk was very friendly and capable. Once in the room, we were very happy with it. We only stayed one night, but it was comfortable. It was also within walking distance of at least one restaurant, and hot breakfast was included. Can't beat it for the price.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Seahorse825
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to see that you
did enjoy your stay. We are very pleased to offer the new Hot Breakfast as well as our new
breakfast room. We hope to see you again should you be traveling to Winnipeg.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel, as it was noted it had recently undergone significant renovations. The asthetics were updated, but the room still smelled musty, like an old hotel (which the building is). The location was okay, but kind of tucked out of the way beside the freeway ramps. There are much nicer hotels down the street, such as the Four Points Sheraton. There was really no value in this hotel, it reminded me of a small town motel from the 1970's era.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are excited about our renovations and guests are enjoying our new
hot breakfast and breakfast room.