“Great Value”

Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 6 January 2008

Reservations were easy and quick to make. Got to Winnipeg a little early (10 AM) but they got us into the room right away. Nice bed with and great pillows ( 4 in fact on one bed!). We didnt spend a lot of time in the hotel but coffee was fresh and available at any time, and had some photo copies done very quickly. Grapes restaurant was within walking distance so no further driving required. Breakfast was free and all that we required.. Compared to other hotels in the area -we thought the price was excellent! We also liked the idea that there was a huge shopping mall (Polo Park) very close to us as well. Would recommend to anyone and it is also very close to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AprilBrandon

Reviewed 11 October 2006

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. We chose it because it was close to the airport and just right should our flight have been delayed. Situated in the middle of what seemed to be a large industrial estate, the hotel is not really a place to stay for any more than a day or two. If you have no transport, it is a long way from any shops or restaurants and does not have any bar or place to eat (except breakfast). There were some slot machines dispensing snacks and soft drinks near the foyer. Talking of breakfast, the dining room is extremely small and only had about 3 tables (see photo) which, for a hotel with over 80 rooms, was totally inadequate. I think most people collected their food and took trays to their rooms. The rooms were excellent, recently upgraded I think. In-room facilities were first class and they had air conditioning. Beds were comfortable and all was very clean. There was plenty of parking. On the downside, there was no lift and getting to the first floor with large and heavy suitcases was a bit of a struggle up the fairly narrow stairs. There was no porter. Conclusion, ok for a one-night stop over before or after a flight, but then I suppose that is why it is there!

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Old_Waspy
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 October 2005

I had rented this hotel for my boyfriend to stay at during his visit to Winnipeg. We stayed at this hotel for 4 days and was quite pleased. The staff was very pleasant and friendly and always had a smile on their faces when answering questions. The hotel was recently renovated so we had a brand new fridge and microwave in our suite. We had only paid $82 a night! Our room also had patio doors on the main floor. One improvement I could think of is to put screen doors on the patio doors. My boyfriend and I wanted some fresh air while we sleep, but that would require us to leave the patio door wide open.
The bathroom was quite nice and very clean. Our bathtub was brand new.
I assumed the hotel's high speed internet was wireless, but I was wrong. I didn't ask if they provided LAN cables, but an electronic shop was around the corner, so I had no problem getting one.
Overall, my stay was very pleasant. Quiet hotel in what I would say is a safe area.

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Winnipeg hotels
Quality Inn & Suites
#37 of 63 in Winnipeg
Days Inn & Suites Winnipeg Airport, Manitoba
Victoria Inn
Victoria Inn
#17 of 63 in Winnipeg
Hampton Inn by Hilton Winnipeg Airport/Polo Park

Been to Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport

Address: 1770 Sargent Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3H 0C8, Canada
Region: Canada > Manitoba > Winnipeg
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Price Range: £62 - £83 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport 2.5*
Comfort Inn is minutes from the James Richardson International Airport and offers free airport shuttle service daily. We have newly renovated the front desk and lobby area which now includes a 24-hour business centre, fireplace and sitting area. Our 100% smoke-free location features drive-up rooms with patio door access, free parking and full hot breakfast served in our spacious new breakfast room. Your Morning breakfast includes waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon, cereal and juice. All bedrooms have new carpet, vinyl, drapes, 32 inch flat screen tvs & new vanity and tile in the bathrooms. Other attractions nearby include the Polo Park Mall, Assiniboine Zoo, the Forks, and the MTS Centre. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Airport Hotel Winnipeg