“Not bad”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“Not bad”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Area is a little rough, hotel is dated but clean. Breakfast was a muffin and an english muffin but they had toast and cereal too. Not sure it was worth the $140/night, I've stayed in much nicer for less but it was ok. I would consider staying again. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2012
CN237, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Good Morning, thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate all feedback and I am happy to hear you will be back. We look forward to seeing you again, and until then HAPPY TRAVELS!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stained carpet, stained bedspread, food splatter on the walls and light switches encrusted with dirt. Usually Comfort Inns are clean but not this one!

1 Thank LBWP
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Hello,
I am concerned to read your review I have not spoken to any guest in the last while regarding complaints about a filthy room. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and to see such a review tells me you left very unsatisfied, which is something we could have corrected had you spoken to me. There are always options to switch rooms and offer compensation should there be an issue with ones stay. Neverless I do appreciate you voicing your concerns as we can only improve what we know needs to be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and I would ask if you ever do return to please call me directly at the hotel should our product and service be anything less then perfect.

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Kelowna, BC
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was very impressed with the helpfullness and friendliness of the front desk staff. I dealt with Kelly, Alex and Kim during my stay and they were all very upbeat and friendly people to interact with!
I have a hard time with stairs and the hotel does not have an elevator - so they upgraded me to a bottom floor room at no extra cost. The room was clean and the housekeepers were friendly in the morning as well. Breakfast was standard continental breakfast (toast, cereal, muffins) but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Wireless internet was fast and also free! The computer with a printer in the lobby required payment to use but the front desk offered to print my boarding pass for me at their computer for free which was very much appreciated. Excellent stay - I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: ask for a bottom floor room when you make a reservation - there is no elevator
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Good Morning Micheal,
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us on July 11, 2012. We at the Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport alwasy strive for 100% guest satisfaction and its always uplifting and encouraging when we recieve positive feedback such as yours. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again soon !
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nothing fancy. Would stay again. A little overpriced for the age of the property.

• Stayed July 2012
HI, Thank you for your response we appreciate all feedback we recieve. We are glad to here you will return and look forward to seeing you again.
Plains, Georgia
Reviewed 5 July 2012

- Unfriendly service - Alex (staff)
- Charge for internet use
- Breakfast is not good
- Not worth the price

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Rose L
Good Morning as I read your complaint I am truly shocked, as the employee you mentioned is very good with customer service and as you can read on other reviews we get many compliments about her, to hear a complaint is very shocking. However, I do apologize if you feel you were not treated properly and that your requests were not addressed.

With regards to your complaint regarding Breakfast, I do apologize you felt it was inadequate. We do serve many options as choices for our continental breakfast; we do offer 4 different muffin types, English muffins and 2 different breads for toast, fresh fruit, and eggs, 3 different types of cereal in addition to juice, milk and hot beverages. We are hoping to be adding some hot breakfast items to the menu in the future but a date for that has not been set yet.
In addition you mentioned we charge for internet however, this is not true as we provide FREE wireless internet in all our rooms. We do have a computer station with a printer that is located in the front lobby for guests to use should they need to do printing or other such work . This station is provided by and Offsite Company and therefore, you are required to purchase an internet usage card in order to log on to the system as avoidance for issues with security on the computer. You will find similar systems in many of the Comfort Inns.
Once again I would like to personally apologize you did not enjoy your stay here at the Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport. In the future please do contact me the General Manager directly at the hotel with concerns so we can have the opportunity to rectify the situation.
I do thank you for voicing your concerns as we can only improve our weaknesses when we learn what they are, feedback both good and bad is what helps us to improve.
Regina
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Have stayed at this establisment many times. Stayed here because of a family funeral. Room was clean, with newer TV, clean sheets. Because of the size of the Inn, a larger breakfast area would be recommended (only 3 tables). Considering the prices of the accomodations in Wpg this seemed reasonable but think it's still too pricey.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to express your comments on trip Advisor we apprecaite the feedback. Our breakfast area is a little small for the property, but we are stuck working with the space we have. There are trays available to take your breakfast back up to your room should the tables and chairs be occupied. We are in the process of adding a more organized seating arrangment, so hopefully on your next stay you will find this more adequate.
Once again thank you for taking the time to voice your opinons about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon :)
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Needed an affordable stay in winnipeg for family business...Comfort Inn came through with flying colors....from the reception desk.....great bed...large room....adequate complimentary breakfast!

Room Tip: Many options available...just pick what works best for you!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family