“Not Bad”

Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport
Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Not a bad experience.

Pros: friendly, free parking for up to 2 weeks if you stay the night before a trip, clean facilities, shuttle to airport (pretty standard)

Cons: facility is quite dated and needs a face-lift, beds were rock-hard, pillows were sofa size and lumpy. And, considering all the just mentioned factors, price was a little aggressive considering there are multiple other hotels within a 1 mile radius.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron W

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Flew into Winnipeg late at night and stayed here solely due to its proximity to the airport. Staff was ok at check in and extremely friendly at checkout. Room was nothing special and even a bit dated, but it was clean. The lack of an elevator may be an problem for anyone that may have issues with stairs; only to the second floor but it was fine for me. I prepaid my room online so the rate was $100, not sure I would pay $140 to stay here as mentioned by other reviewers. If you are looking for a place to sleep, this fits the bill. However if you are looking for a couple of nights stay you are likely better off staying more towards downtown or west Winnipeg.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CanadianFlatlander
CN237, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Hello, Thank you for your review on trip advisor, we appreciate all feedback we get from our guests. Im very happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay and the staff were friendly. We take pride in our hotel and always love hearing when people enjoy there stay.
While you did state you wouldnt reccommend a few days in the area, i would have to disagree, the Winnipeg Airport area has many attractions to keep one busy and entertained. We are just 5 minutes from Winnipegs largest shopping centre Polo Park, with many other box stores near by. Within 10 minutes from the hotel there is a variety of restaurants and nightlife including the Cordyon district, and we are located just 10 short minutes from Winnipegs New IKEA. Next time you travel to our Hotel just stop by our front desk and we would be happy to help, you find something to do while your here.

Thanks again for taking the time to write the review we look forward to seeing you again soon! HAPPY TRAVELS!

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Area is a little rough, hotel is dated but clean. Breakfast was a muffin and an english muffin but they had toast and cereal too. Not sure it was worth the $140/night, I've stayed in much nicer for less but it was ok. I would consider staying again. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012
CN237, General Manager at Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Good Morning, thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate all feedback and I am happy to hear you will be back. We look forward to seeing you again, and until then HAPPY TRAVELS!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stained carpet, stained bedspread, food splatter on the walls and light switches encrusted with dirt. Usually Comfort Inns are clean but not this one!

1  Thank LBWP
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Hello,
I am concerned to read your review I have not spoken to any guest in the last while regarding complaints about a filthy room. We always strive for 100% guest satisfaction and to see such a review tells me you left very unsatisfied, which is something we could have corrected had you spoken to me. There are always options to switch rooms and offer compensation should there be an issue with ones stay. Neverless I do appreciate you voicing your concerns as we can only improve what we know needs to be fixed. Thank you for taking the time to let us know and I would ask if you ever do return to please call me directly at the hotel should our product and service be anything less then perfect.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was very impressed with the helpfullness and friendliness of the front desk staff. I dealt with Kelly, Alex and Kim during my stay and they were all very upbeat and friendly people to interact with!
I have a hard time with stairs and the hotel does not have an elevator - so they upgraded me to a bottom floor room at no extra cost. The room was clean and the housekeepers were friendly in the morning as well. Breakfast was standard continental breakfast (toast, cereal, muffins) but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Wireless internet was fast and also free! The computer with a printer in the lobby required payment to use but the front desk offered to print my boarding pass for me at their computer for free which was very much appreciated. Excellent stay - I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: ask for a bottom floor room when you make a reservation - there is no elevator
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Good Morning Micheal,
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us on July 11, 2012. We at the Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport alwasy strive for 100% guest satisfaction and its always uplifting and encouraging when we recieve positive feedback such as yours. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again soon !

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Nothing fancy. Would stay again. A little overpriced for the age of the property.

Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

HI, Thank you for your response we appreciate all feedback we recieve. We are glad to here you will return and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

- Unfriendly service - Alex (staff)
- Charge for internet use
- Breakfast is not good
- Not worth the price

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rose L
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Good Morning as I read your complaint I am truly shocked, as the employee you mentioned is very good with customer service and as you can read on other reviews we get many compliments about her, to hear a complaint is very shocking. However, I do apologize if you feel you were not treated properly and that your requests were not addressed.

With regards to your complaint regarding Breakfast, I do apologize you felt it was inadequate. We do serve many options as choices for our continental breakfast; we do offer 4 different muffin types, English muffins and 2 different breads for toast, fresh fruit, and eggs, 3 different types of cereal in addition to juice, milk and hot beverages. We are hoping to be adding some hot breakfast items to the menu in the future but a date for that has not been set yet.
In addition you mentioned we charge for internet however, this is not true as we provide FREE wireless internet in all our rooms. We do have a computer station with a printer that is located in the front lobby for guests to use should they need to do printing or other such work . This station is provided by and Offsite Company and therefore, you are required to purchase an internet usage card in order to log on to the system as avoidance for issues with security on the computer. You will find similar systems in many of the Comfort Inns.
Once again I would like to personally apologize you did not enjoy your stay here at the Comfort Inn Winnipeg Airport. In the future please do contact me the General Manager directly at the hotel with concerns so we can have the opportunity to rectify the situation.
I do thank you for voicing your concerns as we can only improve our weaknesses when we learn what they are, feedback both good and bad is what helps us to improve.