“Great location, safe with freindly and helpful staff”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Kenora,Ontario
“Great location, safe with freindly and helpful staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2010

i liked the fact that there is a security guard on duty at nighttime. Its not that its in such a bad area but it is a nice touch. The beds are really nice and the hotel is ok but getting a bit tired. For the price i wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

Have stayed at this hotel before and have always found staff very friendly and gracious. This time, I left my vehicle in the parking lot while I was away on a trip - HUGE MISTAKE! The hotel shuttle to and from the airport was great, however, I returned to the hotel to find out that someone had attempted to steal my vehicle while I was away.

My complaint isn't that the attempted theft took place - Winnipeg is undoubtedly the worst place for vehicle theft in Canada and with the bus depot being moved out to the airport, things have apparently gotten worse (at least according to the tow truck driver who towed my vehicle to the compound) for the hotels surrounding the airport and indeed, I should have known better than to leave my vehicle in their lot.

My complaint is that no one tried to contact my home or my cel phone to report to me that theft of my vehicle had been attempted. Indeed, during the security scan of the lot after the attempted theft, the security personnel shut the door of the vehicle and made sure it was secure once they realized what had happened. That being said, however, I would have appreciated a heads-up or at least the courtesy of an attempted phone call. Instead, I got a manager upon my arrival who said "I guess I could have called your home number...." and told me that the hotel could not even call the police as they would only deal with the owner.

I had indeed signed a waiver before leaving as well, but shouldn't common courtesy dictate that at least an attempt at a phone call be made to a client once the hotel realizes that something is wrong? I think their policies at the hotel should change in this regard.

That being said, the hotel offered me a free room for the night while I got things straightened out and I did get to use the room while making the police/insurance phone calls, which I appreciated. No doubt embarrassing for the hotel manager when they had to tell me that my almost new vehicle had been attempted stolen only one day after I left it at the hotel.

I don't think I'll try staying overnight in Winnipeg again - I'm only 2 hours away so next time will leave at 1 am and leave my vehicle in the secure lot at the airport./

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
5 Thank Irisesareblue
manitoba
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

We stayed the weekend before christmas as we are from out of town and came in to get our shopping done. The staff were great, very helpful and organized. Even the housekeeping staff were very friendly. The Location is great its easy to get to from the highways and close enough to polo park and other various shopping areas. the main floor rooms have patio door access so it makes it super easy if you have alot of stuff to be hauling back and forth. I will be back at this location next time we travel to Winnipeg.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lancellama
Strandhill, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

We stayed here overnight having landed at the airport and awaiting a very early flight up to Churchill the next morning. So it was fine for a few hours sleep. The décor was very old and the room we had smelled a bit smoky, but we were so tired it didn't bother us. I wouldn't really want to stay any longer than a night. Also watch for the 'shuttle bus' option - you have to get a taxi, but make sure to go into the hotel and get a voucher for the taxi driver...saves paying when you don't have too.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank irish_captain
Fort Frances, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed at Comfort Inn Airport for the AC/DC concert on Aug 22. It was probably the last two rooms available near the stadium so we really had no choice. The rooms were decent size, the bed was comfortable. Our room had a fridge and microwave, the other did not. What I didn't like about the rooms is that it had only one bed. The other "bed" was a pull out love seat that maybe was a twin. The twin "bed" in our room wasn't made up. I had to phone the front desk at some ungodly hour to get bedding. I would be ok with this but, they knew 3 people were staying in the room. Other than that everything was good. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank lainee_7
Redcliff
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

I think that we at least got our money's worth at this hotel. We were only staying for the night and I didn't want to splurge. The room could have been cleaner but I wouldn't say that it was gross. There were some hairs from previous guests on the bathroom counter and it looked like there was crusty food stains on the bed, but other than that, the room was clean. The internet was free but it was wired. I wasn't prepared for this and it was very good of the hotel to have ethernet cables that you could borrow. The beds here are as small as I have seen at any hotel but I slept ok. There was a limited selection of continental breakfast foods in the morning. If I was making a quick stay in Winnipeg and didn't want to spend too much money, I would come back again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Chemicalguy123

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Colchester, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights, one either side of a tour to Churchill. The hotel reception and hallways are a bit tired and worn but the rooms were extremely nice and comfortable. King bed, coffeemaker, bath and shower bright and clean. A free continental breakfast of toast and jams, hardboilded eggs, cream cheese, muffins and waffles was good. They even let us have an extended check out as our flight wasn't until the afternoon. A free shuttle to and from the airport is available too but don't get caught like us. We did not realise it was free from the airport to the hotel and paid the cab driver and he rushed in ahead of us and took his voucher too - the receptionist did not realise what he was doing. Apparently you tell the cab driver you want the Comfort Inn and go to reception on arrival and get a voucher for the cab driver.

• Liked — Near airport
  • Disliked — Worn public areas
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple