“Not bad at all”

Ranked #33 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Dilworth, MN
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 25 September 2007

We stayed a couple nights at the hotel to celebrate my parents' 40th Wedding anniversary, and wanted something "nice". I feel the hotel delivered quite well. Nothing over the top fancy, but that's not to say it was lacking in any areas either. Front desk was very attentive, maid service was good, pool area was a hit with the kids with the 2ft pool and the play area. I'd definately stay here again

• Liked — Location was very good, 3 miles south of downtown
  • Disliked — Neighborhood wasn't
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank RoadTripGuy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 19 July 2007

I stayed twice over the course of two weeks for business trips. Both rooms were on the 9th floor. The rooms were pleasant, clean and quiet with efficient air conditioning. The bathrooms had been partially renovated- everything done except the tub enclosure and bath fixtures. In both rooms, the tub enclosures needed work. They were stained and outdated. In the first room, the shower diverter came off in my hand. In the second room, the diverter only diverted half the water, with the balance coming out of the faucet. This was not really a big deal in either case though- they were still "acceptable" although not quite up to par in comparison to the rest of the room/hotel. I'm sure they'll get around to completing the renovations.

Upon check-out for the first stay, I was billed $3 for a bottle of "in room water" which I didn't touch. When I checked in for the second stay, the in-room water bottle had been crushed and opened. I called the desk to make sure I wasn't charged for that one too. (I wasn't).

All the staff I encountered were exceptionally friendly and courteous- even more so than Holiday Inn's usually high standards. I actually noticed a difference. This helped make up for any deficiencies elsewhere. I have stayed here numerous times and will likely continue to do so.

• Liked — attitudes of the staff
  • Disliked — bathroom reno not quite complete
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Brian1202
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2007

Hotwire re-booked me at this hotel as a result of a terrible experience at York the Hotel.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, compared to my experience at York the Hotel, which was very run down.

Not only was the room very clean, but the beds were also very comfortable.

Room 906 had a fridge (didn't have to ask for one) and a fairly large TV. The bathroom was very well decorated and clean.

I had a room service breakfast one morning and it was pretty good.

The pool was very warm (just how I like it) and the hot tub was the perfect temperature.

Staff were very friendly, especially Carol at the front desk.

Elevators were always prompt, except for the first night, due to the fact that there was a school group staying in the hotel, and kids were playing with the elevators.

I encountered a few disturbances the first night due to the school group, with kids running amok all over the hotel. After this group checked out, it was very quiet.

I would definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to others looking for a family-friendly hotel.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cober6711
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2003

Perfectly adequate place. Newly renovated rooms on some floors (April 2003). Even better are the rooms on the 10th and 11th floor. (Business level) Good value for the money.

• Stayed March 2005, travelled on business