Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Queen Bee Hotel(Winnipeg)
Norwood Hotel(Winnipeg)
Fort Garry Hotel(Winnipeg)
  • Pool
All reviewswading poolbreakfast buffetpleasant stayhockey tournamentconvenient locationpembina highwayplug inswould stay here againbed was comfortablerooms are cleanenjoyed my stayhotel restaurantsafewayfridgeparkadedowntownsupper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Holiday Inn Winnipeg South may be in a slightly dated building, but the management maintains an excellent establishment. My room was comfortable and very clean. The wi-fi worked excellently. The television was a state-of-the-art flat-screen model with Canadian and American TV channels. My room even had a couch, perhaps because the staff kindly placed me on a business-class floor, even though I hadn't requested it or paid for it. The restaurant served filling buffet breakfasts for a reasonable price.

The parking situation will punish people who show up in a giant SUV or pick-up truck (but any incentive to get those global-warming monsters off the road can only be good). Maneuvering into a parking space is tough even in a smaller vehicle. The spaces are striped for normal- or compact-sized vehicles except on the third level of the parking garage, but driving up to that level will not be easy in one's oversized land barge.

I do wish the windows opened. Those in my room were sealed. But the climate-control system was easy to use and worked well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared them with our team, We were all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Just as a point of information - in addition to a number of pillar free parking spaces on the first and third levels of our parkade, we also have some additional spaces on the north side of our hotel specifically reserved for guests with larger vehicles. If you have that requirement, please ask at the front desk upon check -in and we will issue you a special permit, free of charge, to use one of these spaces. Thanks again for your comments, we look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again soon .

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Location very good, Safeways just across the street. Parking lot the the greatest but did have covered parking.Hotel was clean , very accommadating ,rooms needed updating but clean. Restaurant buffet very good, great selection for everyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia K

Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We take great pride in offering comfortable, clean accommodations, great food and friendly Manitoba service to all of our guests. Your comment regarding the parking is well taken, we do have a good number of "pillar free" parking spaces on the ground level for larger vehicles and lots of open space on the third level of the parkade for standard size cars and vans. You may also be glad to hear that we will be uprading all the facilities at the hotel over the next few months, starting with the guest rooms in September. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South in the near future

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Pretty nice during our stay. Took a weekend trip from North Dakota needed a place to stay when we had no reservations. Nice location and easy to get to stuff around the surrounding area. High traffic area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank eric s

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our city.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The majority of the Holiday Inns' that I've been to in the last year have been pretty decent. However, this particular one was a let down. Let me say this, just because you have placed flat screen televisions in your rooms, it does not mean anything if the rest of the room was left with the prehistoric decor. The beds were uncomfortable. The shower was dated, as well as the rest of the bathroom. The hallways are seriously in need of some TLC. And, that gym (which is the most important thing to me in a hotel) is absolutely horrific. The machines are dates and somewhat faulty. In addition, the space is extremely cramped. Overall, I was glad that I got it for cheap with a Priceline express deal!

I don't think I would do this again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Brandy M
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We certainly appreciate your comments.

We are just now embarking on a complete renovation and refurbishment of our property which will be completed over the new few months and will touch on all of the areas you mentioned and more. We are confident that you will be pleased with the results.

We were, nevertheless, very concerned to learn that your stay with us was such a disappointment. Despite the age of some of our amenities, we do make every effort to provide a comfortable and enjoyable stay for all our guests in a clean, well maintained and friendly environment. I would be very pleased to discuss your concerns further with you, if you would be so kind as to call me at
(204) 452-4747. Thank you.

Mike Gore

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed here with my mother and my children while I was in visiting her in the city. The room was very clean, but quite cold when we entered. I've noticed this about a few of my past hotel stays in Winnipeg recently (all at Holiday Inn's), but not a big deal as you can change the temperature quickly. Check in was quick and the front desk staff were very efficient and friendly. We utilized the pool area, and the water was very warm, which my kids were very happy about! There is a tiny play area off behind the pool with a plastic play house and little table for activities.

One thing I did notice, which does not make or break our stay, but that I would love to see offered at this hotel, would be a small selection of life jackets for younger children. There is a kiddie pool, but the big pool is such a temptation for older kids. Thankfully I had brought my own to this hotel, so our kids were able to play about in the big pool safely. This would be an awesome perk for this hotel so we don't have to bring our own along.

Breakfast in the morning was fantastic. I am always pleased by the offering's provided by Holiday Inn restaurants, and this is no exception. The food was also out very quick, which is such a great thing when dining with three young children.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
MikeGore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Winnipeg South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have shared them with our team. We were all very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Your point regarding the life jackets is well taken. We will look into this. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Winnipeg South again in the near future.

Mike Gore