Canad Inns Polo Park
  • Fitness centre
Victoria Inn(Winnipeg)
US$129
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfireplace kinghot tub and kiddie pooldouble sinkstavern uniteda pet friendly hotelbig screenshopping and restaurantswe've stayedlate checkcomfy bedairport shuttlecanadinn
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stay here once a month for my kids. everyh time we do it is always a great stay. Meet Jay Elgert at check in timeand he treated my family to a great dinnerin AALTOS. the hotel gets badreviews and i am always surprised.possibly people just venting. the hotel doesneed updating in the roooms but the service is what you want andmakes up for the rooms. if you have kids enjoy the pool the slide is awesome. Has different restaurants you have to try them both.

overall we love this hotel and recommend it for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Its always a pleasure visiting our guests and welcoming them to the hotel or back for a return visit. Hope you have an amazing Holiday Season and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Only place we stay in Winnipeg, close to everything, staff that always helps, and great restaurant
what more can you ask for. Jay always there if we need anything, have sent many friends there and they always are happy about their stay Will be staying there again this month thanks Karl

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello Karl and Debbie,

Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide the best possible experience we can at every corner. From all of us here at Canad Inns Polo Park have a Great Holiday Season and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stayed here while our realtor held an open house at our home. We were there a Friday and Saturday night and were somewhat limited on where we could stay as we had a small dog with us. Figuring the waterside would be fun for our daughter, we thought this was a good choice.

Once upon a time, this Canad Inn was fairly nice. Not anymore! Total party hotel! We had to phone down both nights because of people fighting in the halls at 3 am. The restaurant was terrible. I saw the same food out for the Sunday Brunch as was out for the Saturday lunch - same soups, same puddling (although now dried out). It was gross. On Saturday evening, one of the two elevators broke, so we were limited to one. I would have been happy to take the stairs except you have to go through the pool area bad I didn't want to walk the dog around the pool.

When we checked in, there was a large binder left behind from a previous guest. Makes you wonder what else housekeeping missed. Ew.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Hello Donna,

My name is Jay Elgert I am the Assistant General Manager here at the hotel and I wanted to first off thank you for taking the time to send us in your comments about your most recent visit with us. Feed back is a gift to me and without we would never know where to make improvements or where to celebrate.

I was a little disappointed as you were about your visit. We strive for perfection and we know perfection isn’t always attainable but we work together to try and give every guest the best possible experience and on this visit we did not deliver that experience at all. In turn we gave you a memorable visit just not in a positive light. I do recall this evening that you mentioned in your posting and I wish I could take it back.

On behalf of all of us here at CI Polo Park we would like to apologize for your experience and we will work together to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Once again Donna thank you for your time and we here at CI Polo Park hope to see you soon so we can give you that memorable experience once again and to improve on those areas you mentioned that needed some attention. If you are ever in town and would find it in your heart to give us that second chance please contact me directly at jelgert@canadinns.com I will make sure you are looked after and have an amazing experience here at CI Polo Park, like you should have had the first time.

Jay

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Entering the hotel I was very impressed, beautiful main floor and lobby. I had no issue with the service of this hotel or how I was treated by staff. The food at the main restaurant was alright aswell (not great, but not horrible). My issue with this hotel was the noise. I stayed here for three nights beginning on a Sunday. On Sunday night I was awaken 6 times between 12am and 3am from people yelling in the hallways. The hallways echo making the sounds worse then in an average hotel. I was at this hotel for a work conference with 50+ people and could not figure out why the hotel would put banquet guests on the same floor as working professionals who had a scheduled conference for 8 am the following morning. Monday night was no better. Between people running up and down the halls and doors slamming I got absolutely no sleep. I am currently about to spend my third night in this hotel, I am exhausted and dreading it. I have never wrote a negative review of any place I have ever stayed - but I would not recommend this hotel and will be notifying my employer not to book me here again. Also one elevator of two was broken so you had to wait 10+ minutes for an elevator.

Word of advice, pick another hotel.

Room Tip: Gosh good luck. We asked for the "quiet floor" and it was the noisiest hotel Ive ever stayed at. Let me add I attend Electric Daisy Carnival in vegas annually and have never had this issue.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jay E, Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park. I would like to extend my apologies for your visit not meeting your expectations. I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss your experience with us at your convenience. I may be reached directly at jelgert@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-789-8871

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My boyfriend and I got a themed room. The room itself was outdated, really cool but outdated. The tv needs to be updated. The ac in our room was broken, and clicked all night long we both got NO SLEEP! The beds and pillows are hard. The shower was cold, but they did discount us because we both could not sleep until we unplugged the ac. Over all not impressed. Didn't go into the pool, looked gross.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your most recent feedback. Great news is our rooms are currently under renovations and we will be introducing a new room product for you to experience. I would be honored, if you would be one of our first guests in these new rooms and provide us your thoughts on them. Once again our apologies for your recent experience but I believe this time you will be pleasantly surprised. I can be reached at jelgert@canadinns.com or directly at 204-789-8871