“Tired room”

Ranked #51 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Red Lake, Canada
“Tired room”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Check in was very slow. Clerk was on the phone and was handling a customer that was trying to use someone else's point card. He was patient with the person, and polite but was very slow and the customers waiting at the counter continued to grow. Finally he dealt with those trying to check in. The room we stayed in was tired. Appeared clean but felt grungy. I think parts of the hotel were renovated but this section may have still been waiting for an upgrade. The beds were old and very uncomfortable. Continental breakfast was almost non existent. Consisted of coffee and toast or bagel, nothing more. Don't think we will stay here again unless renovations are made.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade or check to see if the room was recently renovated.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Susie H, Front Office Manager at Canad Inns Polo Park, responded to this review, 20 September 2014
Hi Bill,
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment with your last stay with us. We do have executive jacquzzi rooms that most recently been completely renovated, they are spacious and beautiful. Rooms on our 6th floor also offer spacious renovated rooms as well as suites. Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would love to have you over to enjoy one of these rooms. Look forward to talking to you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First Impression not great as we were a group of 11 of us coming for a conference and the website says they have free shuttle service to the hotel. We arrived and told their shuttle driver had worked an 8 hr shift and was now gone for the day. When asked what our options are they told us to take a cab but never offered to give us any kind of reimbursement or anything. They said we didn't claim on our website to have 24hr service. We landed at 7:30 so it's not like we came in the middle of the night. The hotel is older and many of the ladies with us had head aches while in our business sessions. The rooms were large enough and it was nice to have wifi, fridge and microwave. The pillows were not comfortable as they were lumpy and all of them to big.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hi Caroline,
I was disappointed to hear of your displeasure with your stay! I apologize that our driver was not available to pick you up upon your arrival. We typically have a driver available daily 6am-10pm.
I would love to have you back to stay with us on your next trip to Winnipeg. Please contact me directly at the hotel to discuss this. Thank you for your feedback! Hope to hear from you really soon!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my two children, and we were very disappointed. The pool was ok but the room was dated and hot. The air conditioner sounded like a 747, and was blowing lukewarm air, and windows were sealed. The room was about 27 degrees and would not cool off no matter what we did with the settings. There was gum embedded in the carpet, and the old lampshade was streaked yellow with stains. Couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning...time for renos Canad Inn PP!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience during your last stay with us. I can assure you this is not our standard. I would love the opportunity to speak to you. Please contact me at the hotel directly. Look forward to speaking to you really soon!

Travellers are raving about these Winnipeg hotels

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

After a few bad experiences I did end up back here. Mostly because I needed 2 night stay and they had offered me one free night due to my issues previously.
I stayed in one of their Jacuzzi suites and was pleasantly surprised.
I will stay again in the future as it has a great location

• Stayed May 2014
Hi Kim,
I'm so happy to hear that you did enjoy your last stay with us , We really appreciate you giving us the opportunity to have you back and showing you what a stay with Canad Inns Polo Park is really like. Thank you! We hope to see you again really soon!
Ottawa
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was giving a presentation at the hotel the next day.

My room itself was a suite and nice so that was good. Also the proximity to the airport is amazing. I think you can get there in 5-10 minutes. That was very convenient for me and much appreciated.

The flip side of being close to the airport is that the location is in an industrial zone, which isn't very nice. The hotel bar (which has slot machines) was incredibly sketchy and run-down. A real 'character' bar!

I didn't check out any of the hotel facilities so perhaps this hotel is deserving of a higher rating for those groups. But for business travellers, unless you have business at the hotel itself, I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank simjenk
Hello,
Thank you so much for your review! I am so sorry to hear that we fell short during your last stay with us. We pride ourselves in being a multi faceted hotel, we offer many amenities all under one roof. I hope you could give us another opportunity. Please contact me directly at the hotel. I look forward to chatting with you.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times very good food comfortable rooms good price nice clean pool and hot tub the staff are top notch close to shoppng good restaurants like Hooters, Chinese Perkins Red Lobster etc

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Charlie,
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again really soon!
Dauphin, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whenever I am in Winnipeg, this is the hotel I stay at!! The staff is friendly, the rooms are nice and clean, the pool area is fun (my sister even conquered her fear of enclosed waterslides at this hotel!!), and the restaurant is great!! I will definately be back!! Thanks & Great Job!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HI Sandy,
I wanted to thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to your return!
See you again soon!