“Great value for money”

Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Victoria
“Great value for money”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

The last time I'd stayed at a Hilton was in Singapore in '91, so I was interested to see if the chain had kept up its high standards. I wasn't disappointed. The staff were more than friendly, helpful and courteous — they established a rapport with us from the moment we arrived. I was also impressed by the food — although a little pricey, it was consistently good, even though our first meal was served at 1 a.m. I also had no complaints about the amenities — the pool was nice, the hot tub was nice (though not hot enough) and the sauna was clean (remember there's a reset button beneath the heater in case it doesn't seem hot enough). But the best part was the room. Because the hotel offered such reasonable rates, we took a suite, and it was great to have all that extra space. My only complaints: the hotel is in the middle of an industrial/warehousing area, so a wall or some nice hedges would definitely improve the view from the restaurant; also, although suites have two TVs, only the one in the bedroom can access movies. But these complaints are minor. If you want excellent value for money, great service and convenient access to the airport, this is the place to stay. The free airport shuttle service is handy, too. And as long as you travel outside rush hour, you can easily access the core of the city if you have a car — Winnipeg's main arteries flow quickly during the day. This is the perfect hotel if your business takes you outside the city. A final plus: for a small fee, you can delay your check-out until 4 p.m.

Room Tip: If you work out a lot, get a room next to the pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Victoria_Voyageur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The people at this hotel were fantastic, very courteous, accommodating and helpful, unfortunately the hotel has seen better days, the plumbing gave us trouble with the bathroom sink backing up, the cold water tap on the bar sink did not work, when we got to our room the carpet was soaking wet(was this from the bathroom sink?), the bed had a urine odor to it. If it wasn’t for the staff this hotel would have been totally disappointing.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sue182
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2011

really great spot, since I was presenting there and only had to get to the airport. Used the shuttle super fast and convienant.

resturant was good, place was clean and quiet dispite its location and proximity to the airport.
NOTE: Make sure you close your curtains at night, or you will have the odd plane light up your room and scare the #$@#%@#%$@ out of you.

Internet access was wireless and performance was good.

I noticed the water wasnt that hot, but not cold, just a bit past warm. And I showered at 6 am, so was a bit disappointing.

I always like having the seperate living room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
boston
Reviewed 6 October 2011

Airport hotels always make me a little nervous, since they can capitalize on their convenient location and neglect everything else. This one gives you great service and great rooms in very nice conditions. I only visit Winnipeg once a year, and tend to arrive late at night and leave early the next morning, so I can't give a detailed review of this hotel, only that I recommend it to anyone else like me who's skeptical of airport hotels--don't be. It's a great Hilton property and the staff genuinely wants you to have a good stay. A particularly handy thing for me is they always have a couple of taxis waiting on the property, so you don't lose time calling and waiting for one. Room service and breakfast were both quite satisfactory. I'll keep coming back to this hotel, unless I stay downtown sometime--not a complaint of this hotel, only that I never see the heart of the city, and I'm told it's quite nice!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I stayed 3 weeks and every weekend they had parties... They did not controlled the party people and it was very loud late at night. The customer service was not the best...
Do not let the Hilton name makes you the wrong decision..... Try to find another hotel.. If. You request laundry, and caution, they put the tags with staples!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Flin Flon, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times now. It has been great every time. We've gotten good deals for one thing. Like between $100 and $115 a night. The shuttle service to the airport is the biggest reason we stay here. The staff at the hotel we found to be very friendly. The restaurant is kinda pricey, but the food is great quality. We got a deal online where the breakfast buffet was included which was a good deal, as it's usually like $18 a person for the buffet. The suites are perfect for a family, as they are divided by closed doors into two sides. You can put the kids to bed and then go onto the other side and watch TV. The pool was decent as well. We got the poolside rooms one time, which was really handy. If you're utilizing the airport, this is truly the nicest and best value hotel in Winnipeg that I've been able to find.

Room Tip: Try and get a pool side room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Charlottetown
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed here when it first opened and it was great. Travelling with my family for a visit with relatives and a quick trip out to Thunder Bay. The checkin was fine. The room was ok but the carpets are stained and look dirty. My parents stayed in another room on another floor and it was the same with them - stained carpet. The room and bed were fine - comfortable and spaceous. Fine for a quick stay but I was here for 8 days. First morning, my parents took my 8 year old daughter down for breakfast - they had 2 coupons for their room. The waiter charges them the full buffet price for my daughter - who had 2 pieces of bacon and an orange juice. My father argued it with the waiter then with the front desk staff and got it down to $10 but still stupid. Parking spots are small and parking is $9/day. There is a charge for local calls as well but internet access is free. Service was good and friendly. Only other issue, the hotel allows pets. Now, I'm a dog person (my dogs were at home), but on my way back from my parent's room, I noticed a dog had a little 'accident' in front of the elevators. I called down to the front desk to mention this and they tahnaked me and ssaid it would be taken care of immediately. When I went by in the morning, it was wiped up but you could still see 'traces' left behind. A simple mope or spray bottle with a cloth and 20 seconds could have taken care of the problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family