“will return if price is right”

Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
regina
“will return if price is right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Have stayed at this hotel quite a few times 'if the price is right'. As with most hotels, sometimes you can find a deal and sometimes not, and I won't book this hotel if the price is above my limit. This is my top choice for a stay in Wpg because I usually have a child with me and so the spacious suites are a lifesaver. The bedroom can be closed off, the sitting area has sink, bar fridge, coffee maker, microwave, pull out sofa. TV in bedroom and sitting area. Restaurant on main level is very good. There is also a lounge on main level, looks very nice. Indoor pool/hot tub is great for the kids and they have a pretty good excercise room. Beds very comfortable to sleep in. Outdoor parking. Hotel is about 10-15 min drive to Polo Park Shopping Centre and about 5 minutes to airport. $145 a night for my last stay but have had rates as low as 120 and as high as 200 for the same type of room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with your family. I am happy to inform you that we now have our new 24 hour fitness room now open. This includes more space, new treadmills and free weights. We look forward to having you back in the near future to have you try it for yourself. We wish you all the best from all of us here at the Hilton Winnipeg airport Suites.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Rosthern, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

The front desk was very welcoming and they did not charge us for parking. Our room had not been renovated, so there were a few stains on the carpet. We were ok with this as we were travelling with 5 young children and a dog. We liked that for $114 we could get a suite with 2 double beds and a hide-a-bed. There was a tv in both rooms which nice. It also had a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker with a sink right beside it. There was also an iron and ironing board in the closet, and a hair dryer in the bathroom. The bedding was soft and comfy, and the drapes blocked the windows nicely. We did find used towels in the bathroom, and one of the mirrors was dirty and noticably crooked. We also food leftover food in the fridge. The chemicals on the carpet cause my son to get an instant rash, which went away soon after. The pool was nice, but was to cold to stay in for very long. Overall we liked that it was kid and pet friendly, and that the price was competative. Not what I was expecting of a Hilton (they are renovating), but for the price, not bad. They are also very close to the airport and have a shuttle service, which would be handy if you were to fly in.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 11 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We appreciate you taking the time and commenting about your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed your stay in one of our suites with your children and pet. I will also follow up with our housekeeping and maintenance team on the service deficiencies in your room that you had experienced. I can assure you that we strive to maintain the very best customer service and rooms for our guests. We look forward to having you back in the near future to enjoy one of our newly renovated rooms.

Portage La Prairie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

We usually try to stay at the Hilton when we have an early flight in the morning. This time our plans were complicated by having a relative with a broken ankle with us. The hotel staff however took our situation in hand and provided us with the usual outstanding service. We opted to have dinner in the dining room, very convenient, plus the food and service were very good. We needed a late check out and that was arranged quickly and easily. Once again we have been very pleased with all aspects of our stay at the Hilton. I am confident we will return many times.

Room Tip: Share your needs with the staff, I am sure you will be well cared for.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are very pleased to hear that when you checked in with us we assisted with the needs of your relative with the broken ankle. We strive to always provide the very best customer service in the city. We look forward to seeing you back with us in the near future.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

Stayed here for business for two nights in December 2012. Comfortable rooms, currently undergoing renovations. The staff were all very kind and welcoming. Bed was super-comfy. I was worried about being cold, but I actually was super warm in my room and had the hottest, nicest shower I could ever dream of!

The onsite restaurant was also very tasty with excellent service.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are pleased to hear your stay was most enjoyable and was not disturbed by the renovations. We are always pleased to hear positive comments about our hotel and out amazing staff in all areas of the hotel. We look forward to having you back in the near future to see our newly renovated rooms. We wish you all the best in the New Year from all of us at The Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites.

Thompson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Love this hotel and will definitely return!
I chose this hotel as my son was flying in from Halifax (Navy) for the holidays and found it to be close to Polo Park for my shopping spree. I had prepaid the room in advance and asked for a suite with a balcony, which I did receive. Housekeeping & staff were very friendly and when my son had been waiting for me at the airport for over an hour being that I did not have my car until the next day, the front staff sent the shuttle to pick him up immediately.
I found this hotel to be very quiet, given the location and very clean, unlike some of the other hotels I had previously stayed in during my trips to the city.
I will definitely return to this hotel and look forward to seeing the newly renovated rooms/ suites with my husband in the new year, as a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: ask for a suite with a balcony !
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I am very pleased that you had enjoyed your stay with us during the time of your holiday shopping in the city. We thank you for taking time to write your kind comments about our hotel. We look forward to seeing you back in the New Year once our room renovation have been completed. Happy Holidays from all of us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites.

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2012

I was to stay at this hotel except my Delta flight from Minneapolis was canceled. It was late at night and the hotel could have still charged me since I did not cancel in time. But, the nice people on the phone graciously canceled my reservation, commiserated with me, and did not charge me.

Then the next day (after flying into Grand Forks, ND instead and getting a car and driving to Winnipeg) I needed to contact some elderly relatives in Minneapolis who though I was flying in from Winnipeg and were planning to pick me up at the airport. I hadn't thought that my phone plan would not work in Canada and I couldn't call to tell the change in plans. Carla at the front desk agreed to call strangers in Minneapolis (my relatives) to leave a message that I would be delayed a day. And this after I didn't even make it the night before to stay with them.

Even before the trip, I had called them at various times to ask small questions. Each time, they very helpful. I appreciated all of this help and hope that the next time, Delta lets me fly in to Winnipeg and I can stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Dear Valued Future Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with booking with Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We strive to provide the absolute best customer service in the industry right from your very first phone call booking with us. We thank you for your very kind words and I will see to it that our employee is recognized for her assistance in your time of need. I am pleased to let you know that we are now starting phase three of our renovations which are all of our guestrooms. We will welcome you to the hotel with one of our newly renovated rooms. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thompson, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

We stayed one night over and was very dissapointed with our room and where it was located. We had to walk up 2 sets of stairs which i dont think i ever had to walk stairs in a hotel. The room was a room basic, nice size washroom thou. The lobby was just renovated looked nice!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this review, 7 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. I was sorry to hear that you did not experience our hotel the way it was intended. You had stayed in one of our poolside rooms which is located on the second floor of the hotel. Unfortunately these rooms do not have elevator access but luggage assistance is offered and should have been offered to you at time of check in. I will certainly follow up with the front desk to make sure this error does not occur in the future. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can exceed our guest’s expectations. We are happy to hear that you noticed the new look in our lobby. There is certainly more changes to come in the next few months. We hope to see you back for your next visit.