“Hilton Suites Winnipeg”

Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel, close to airport with good rooms, friendly and helpful staff and good restaurant/lounge, free parking. There are areas where you can walk and a park close by. I've said all I want to say so shorten the characters or I won't offer any more reviews.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are all very pleased to see that you had found our hotel a perfect location for your stay. I will also be passing along your kind words to all of our associates and our senior management team for them to also see for themselves. I was happy to see that you were able to walk to some of the surrounding areas within a short distance of the hotel. We all thank you once again for your kind words and look forward to having you back once again as our guest.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Early checkin, very much 'curb appeal'. Shuttle pickup from the airport, easy checkin. Had a mtg and plenty of room in the suite. They brought up chairs immediately when requested. Bed was ULTRA comfortable! They had the a/c on when we got there like they were expecting us. Supper. I ordered the Manitoba Pickerel and it was dull, flat, NO FLAVOR. It looked good. 5-6 wedges of lemon and loads of salt? NOTHING. Then there was the dozen or so small bones. I couldn't eat any more and they took it back and didn't charge us for it. Breakfast? Received coupons for the breakfast, buffet. The eggs were horrible... hard, like they had been made yesterday. We loved the place, but will order a la carte for breakfast. Supper? Will have to try something else. Had had the meat loaf before, but it was raw inside... can't eat hamburger products raw. That also was taken back and we weren't charged. Kind of high prices. Shuttle readily available to return to the airport. It IS a favorite place of ours.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Can't lose.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are all very happy you had received a very speedy shuttle service to and from the airport during your time with us. We have also taken note of your comments about the dining experience and have passed them along to our Restaurant manager and Executive Chef for them to also review. We are truly sorry your experience was less than exceptional and hope to see you back soon so we can impress you with a spectacular meal. If there is anything we could ever do to make your next stay unforgettable please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly the next time you choose to stay with us and we would be more than happy to make those arrangements for you. Again we all thank you for your comments and look forward to having you back as our guest once again.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Great room for price. Great bang for buck. Small fridge. Small microwave. Nice gym. Quiet atmosphere. Newly finished pool.Great room for price. Great bang for buck. Small fridge. Small microwave. Nice gym. Quiet atmosphere. Newly finished pool.Great room for price. Great bang for buck. Small fridge. Small microwave. Nice gym. Quiet atmosphere. Newly finished pool.Great room for price. Great bang for buck. Small fridge. Small microwave. Nice gym. Quiet atmosphere. Newly finished pool.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are all very glad you found the suite suitable for your traveling needs. We are also happy to see you had time to experience our newly renovated 24 hour gym and renovated pool area as well. We all hope to see you again in the near future so we can welcome you back as our guest once again.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

At $145 a night plus taxes, I felt that adding in an additional $9 charge for parking was over the top. People are coming to stay with you it should be expected that many of them will be coming with a vehicle. Adding in $9 a day for parking is a bit much. Then I get hit with a fee for making a local call (88 cents for I'd guess about 45 seconds on the phone to order a pizza) and the price of long distance calling is outrageous. Your prices are fine for what you see on line but all the extra charges to me are just gouging. I like your hotel and I like the location as I come from out of town so its easy to get to and get around the city but on principal I think I'll be going elsewhere from now on since it feels like getting every nickel out of me is more of a priority for you. The $5.50 bottle of aquafina in the room and the $3 bottles near the lobby were the icing on the cake. I can get a 36 pack of name brand water at Costco for under $5. Its nice to know that you tell your customers they can either pay a ridiculous price or drink tap water. We all know the Hilton chain has a lot of buying power, I'm sure they can find a way to put a bottle of water in the room for a lot less than that. Many other hotels I've stayed at in Winnipeg, including The Grand just down the street from you, offers them for free. I liked the staff and I liked the room, but I don't get the feeling the customer comes first. I understand running a hotel is a business and that the dollar should come first but as a consumer I don't want to feel like my money is more important than me. Time for me to check out the many other hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We have taken note of your comments about the charge for parking and wanted to explain the reason why we have the charge. We are one of the only hotels in the area that provide overnight security of our parking lots. We have many guests that park their vehicles for long periods of time in our lots and take peace of mind when they leave their vehicles with us because of this. I am truly sorry if that was not explained to you when you inquired about the charge. I have also passed along your comments about the fee for local calls and the pricing of the water bottles in the rooms to our senior management team. Hopefully in the future we can work towards eliminating both of these fees. We are all pleased you had enjoyed your room and our hotels location in the area. I was pleased to hear that all the associates you encountered during your stay were friendly and welcoming as well. We would certainly like to have you back as our guest once again and hope you will choose to stay with us in the near future. If there is anything we could ever do to make your next stay more enjoyable please do not hesitate to call our hotel directly there next time you choose to stay with us. If there is anything else I could answer or assist you with please call the hotel directly so we can discuss.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is clean, well staffed and comfortable. The suites give you room to relax. The food in the restaurant is very good. There are good deals often available on the weekends but mid week prices are fairly high. If you are flying in, it is very convenient to the airport with a free shuttle. It is also close to Polo Park Shopping Centre.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. We are all very happy to see that your experience was nothing short of amazing. We are glad you found the hotel clean and comfortable and rooms spacious enough to relax. We will certainly pass along your kind words about the restaurant to our Restaurant manager and our Executive Chef for them to also see. Once again we all thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your kind words about your stay with us. If there is anything we could ever do to make your stay more enjoyable please feel free to contact the hotel directly the next time you choose to stay with us and we will be happy to make those arrangements for you.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We travel from the arctic to the east coast at least twice a year. We travel with our dog and have no worries during our layover time in Winnipeg. The Hilton staff treat us and our dog like family. We have stayed as long as 10 days at this location with our dog and were quite comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. It is always a pleasure to welcome a four legged friend to our property and was very happy we could accommodate you for your ten days with us. I will pass along your kind words to all of our associates so they may see what you have written on our page. We all cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future as our guest once again. Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel staff were very accommodating in help me sort out my last minute reservation so that I would not have to change rooms. Great room, includes god bed and living room area with a good desk, WiFi included. In room dining was very good and delivered in a timely manner. Great place to stay near airport

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us at the Hilton Winnipeg Airport Suites. It is always refreshing to see such kind comments about our hotel that our guests have written. We are all happy to see that you found your room comfortable for your business traveling needs. We are also very glad we were able to assist you in extending your stay and were able to keep you in your same suite for the duration of your stay. I will certainly be passing along your comments to our associates and our senior management team for them to also see. Once again we all thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay with us. We all look forward to having you back soon as our guest once again.