“better than some”

Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Kitchener, Canada
“better than some”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here during a trip across the country. Decided upon this hotel as they accept pets. The room was clean and very large. The bathroom was spotless. The staff were helpful. I never used the restaurant or pool as i was only there one night. The hallways need attention as they show how old the building is. The location is OK for some but for me traveling across the Trans Canada it was further off my way than expected. Just be aware that if you are traveling west to east on the Trans Canada and you are using a Tomtom it will try to take you off the Trans Canada early and force you down gravel roads. Stay on till you are in Winnipeg.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
, Owner at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our "Pet Friendly" Hotel. I am sorry for the inconvience caused by your GPS . We are definately located right on #1 Highway as you enter into the City and less than 10 minutes from Downtown Winnipeg and Major Tourist Attractions.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
winipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Well I have to say that was one of the best times I have had in a very long time. Great job Travel lodge. I will most certainly tell all of my relaxing stay with you.

Food was great, staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Everything was cleaned when it should of been and even better for me all the amenities I needed where right there. Superstore...the buses to take me where ever I needed to go....and a great bar and lounge in the hotel.

I needed a get away and I got it! I will be back.

THANKS AGAIN

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Jacques A, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 5 May 2016
Thank you for your excellent review! We receive numerous comments on our great food and service. We are pleased you enjoyed our Lounge and Bar. We are definitely located in a great location in the city and are close to all areas of the city.
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

we stayed at your hotel the weekend of March 30th 2012 and had a wonderful time, our grandkids came played in the pool and had a blast, the food was wonderful too. thanks for the great time..

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your great comments. We are pleased you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our great food. We hope to see you again soon!
winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I took my grand-childern on spring break to the Travelodge in Winnipeg for some bonding.
We had a wonderful time, the staff were very friendly and courteous. The amenities were
awesome. The childern enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. Later in the day we all went bowling great fun. The reaturant menu had a good selection and the prices were very reasonably and the rooms were comfortable. What I didn,t like was the fact we had to leave. It was truly great break for the children and myself.

Room Tip: Stay pool side
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your great comments and review!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I was a guest at a corporation's staff party, March 31, 2012. Parking, at first, seemed full, but proved that there was ample room on the lot. I was assured by the reception desk clerk, that I had parked in a correct space, and that my car would be safe. This was verified to be true, when I left later in the evening, and a security guard was on patrol.The staff dinner/Casino night was well prepared by the corporation's social committee. The committee prepared table lantern gifts and casino prizes. Dinner consisted of buffet style-- Pickles, buns, salads,cheeses,scalloped potatoes,green beans, meatballs , chicken and stuffing, and hot sliced roast beef prepared by the hotel. A dessert and fruit table was provided. Hotel staff quickly dismantled serving tables after the meal, so that the casino operator could set up. The corporation's employees were all well involved in the fun activities arranged by the social committee.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich1750
Thank you for your comments on your corporations staff party. We are pleased you enjoyed the party and the Hotel amenities.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This place has everything you need all in one location.
Bowling alley, pool, hot tub, eliptical machine and treadmill, a restaurant, lounge and bar.
The area seemed good you felt safe going out for a cigarette or walking around the parking lot, unlike any hotel in the downtown area of Wpg.
Room had a decent sized mini fridge and microwave. Rare and wondeful for a hotel with an on site restaurant to have this! Much appreciated!
Everything on the property was clean and well maintained. Comfortable beds!
Restaurant very good and reasonably priced. Bar was a good size. We only went for one drink @ 5 pm on a Thursday so it was quiet, but it was a good size with a stage, they said they had a band playing earlier in the week. It seemed like a decent place to have a few drinks and it had lots of VLT's if you're into that sort of thing.
All staff very friendly. Got a poolside room without having to ask for it. We were accommodated with a late check out time of noon (latest they said we could get).
No problems of any kind. Pool was great. Everything quiet once pool shut down @ 11 pm.
Hotel was right beside a grocery store and cold beer/wine store, McDonald's and Dairy Queen nearby.
Lots of plug ins in parking lot for your vehicle in the winter.
I stayed here for 2 nights with a couple of friends March 1 - 3. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Jacques A, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 5 October 2016
Thank you so much for your great review, we appreciate your comments.
Morden, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We had a one night stay. 2nd floor overlooking the pool. First off, I'd like to say the staff and response was all pretty good about dealing with the issues we encountered and we were given a good discount for our troubles. The front desk staff was attentive and polite.
The lobby smelled a bit of smoke because of people smoking too close to the front doors and the smoke getting sucked in.
Naturally, looking over the pool, it was noisy with happy, boisterous children and families. No problem. The room was very clean, including the carpet and especially the bathroom.
We had continuous trouble with the toilet which was plugged. We called for a plunger, but it took 25 - 30 minutes (with 3 calls total) for the fellow to arrive. The Receptionist was very apologetic and made the calls repeatedly; perhaps he was tending to a more urgent matter - many problems are more dire than a plugged toilet. Later that evening, it plugged again and Maintenance came at first call with the plunger. We needed it throughout the night. My husband got the toilet freed up by morning.
The other unfortunate problem was some blood on the bedspread - not the blanket or sheet, but the bedspread (the one I don't use anyhow). I called and the Receptionist was mortified. She had the Manager call our room within 1 minute of the complaint. It was very late at night and we didn't want to change rooms that late - he said he would be sure to have the bill discounted - which he did.
I do appreciate the staff there - they are working to bringing up the rating of the hotel. All were polite and attentive to all complaints.

Room Tip: If you are looking for quiet, don't pick a room over the pool. If you are a smoker, the rooms o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yolanna
Jacques A, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 14 October 2016
We apologize for the problems you encountered but are pleased they were deal with by our Managers and Employees. Thank you and we hope to see you again.