“Had a wonderfull time.”

Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Toronto, Canada
“Had a wonderfull time.”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Pool, hot tub, good food and great staff, who could ask for more. Rooms were very clean and we had one beside the pool which made it even better because you don't need to get a suite to get away from the kids. Just sit outside your room as the little ones go down and enjoy.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
SleepyWinnipeg, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thanks Sherry for your cooments! Come see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

...but once you get inside the place is fine. Big rooms overlooking a decent pool/hottub combo.
Flat screen TV's, overall not bad.
But its sketchy exterior and surrounding businesses may put you off, but venture inside, all wil be well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Margesmister
SleepyWinnipeg, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are currently working with the people next door to have them do updates to their building and parking area to improve the curb appeal of the area.
Assiniboia, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Doesn't look like much from the outside but it is a nice hotel. Rooms are very nice and clean. Restaurant and bowling ally attached. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank You! We are glad you enjoyed the Hotel and we able to use our additional ammenities such as our Bowling Facility located in the Hotel.
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Travelodge Winnipeg East in June of 2012 and did not have a pleasant experience. First appearance of the room is not pleasing. Although the room is clean, it is very outdated, which is one thing we can certainly overlook,since we were only there for one night. We had travelled in from Ontario a nine hour drive and were very tired. Taking into account the time change, 10pm certainly felt like 11pm for us...if not later. We stayed in room 104 which had another door to the pool. I did not book a poolside room and was not planning on using the pool. At first I thought it was really cool having direct access to the pool, and I would soon regret this.
By 10pm we were exhausted and ready to sleep, but there was a birthday party going on at the pool that had been going on since we had arrived, several hours earlier. The noise from the children and the screaming adults travelled right into our room. I got so frustrated that I went to the front desk to see if they could ask them to quiet down or even just stop yelling. The lady at the desk said that was fine she would ask them to be quiet.
We watched from our room, the security guard walked in, may have said something to some of the adults and walked right back out. I was very frustrated since I had been listening to the noise for hours already and I really needed to sleep as we were on the road at 8am the next morning. A little while later I went back to the desk and told the woman working that it was still to loud and if it was possible to move to another room at 10:15pm. She said no we are at maximum capacity. She said the security guard had asked them to be quiet already.
The security guard was walking in the building so I started talking to him. I explained to him that we were very tired and had a very long day travelling, we had expected to come to a hotel and relax and fall asleep when we wanted to. He told me he had went in already and they were not that loud. I did not appreciate this remark as they were incredibly loud. I invited him to come and listen, I also told him that I had taken a recording from my room of how loud it was and he could listen to that. He said well they are just kids. I said they are not just kids there are adults yelling as loud as they can too. Even if they were just kids, I am paying for the hotel room I should be able to sleep when I want to. He said the best he could do was ask them to keep it down again but the pool was open until 11. I went back to my room and watched the security guard walk out to the pool, share a laugh with the people at the table and leave again.
I do not feel like they cared about my concerns or my stay. My boyfriend and I are a younger couple and I am not sure if they felt like they could take advantage of us. I did not appreciate the way I was treated or the fact that I got barely any sleep. By the time 11pm came around I was so annoyed and overtired that I had trouble sleeping.
The next morning I explained to the woman at the desk what had happened. She gave us 20$ off of our bill which was very kind of her but did not make up for the terrible sleep I had where I still had to pay around 98 dollars to be kept up. I have stayed in many different hotels and this is the first one I am very disappointed with. I do not recommend it to anyone travelling who expects to get any sleep before 11. I do not recommend it to anyone without kids or anyone who has an early start the next day.

Room Tip: Any room not connected to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I apologize for the noise from our Pool Area.
We have signs posted regarding our policy on no noise after 11pm for the convience of all our guests. Unfortunately being a Hotel that accomodates to families it is difficult to restrict noise from other guests staying in our property until after 11p.m. when we enforce a strict no noise policy.
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2012

As ex-pat Winnipeggers, my wife and I were faced with staying in a hotel for the 1st time in our own hometown. I found the Travelodge via the CAA travel website and called direct to get an updated rate. I was pleasantly surprised to get a weekly special rate less than $80/day. We had been searching for economical rates in Winnipeg and had been getting nowhere fast---at least for decent accomodations. At that rate, our expectations were low but turned out to be completely wrong!

The Travelodge proved to be a pleasant, welcoming homey place to stay. The rooms were updated, clean and comfortable (though not over-large). The staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The on-site restaurant served great breakfasts and was flexible in the way of substitutions. Parking was plentiful. There is free Internet, a pool/hot-tub, casino and a bowling alley on-site.

I can't say enough about how pleasant our stay was. We will certainly go back there when we need a room in Winnipeg.

Room Tip: don't get a pool-side room if noise is an issue during the day. Pool hours are from 9:30am to 11...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Thank you for your Great Comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accomodationg you on your next stay in Winnipeg!
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Stayed here for a few nights after coming to Winnipeg for business. Rooms were a little dated but spacious and clean. Staff were amazing, very accommodating and helpful. The on site restruant and lounge is very cosy with knowlageable staff. Hotel is pet friendly with a pool on site as well.

• Stayed June 2012
SleepyWinnipeg, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you ! We agree that we have amazing staff! We receive great comments on our staff, food and service!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Travelodge and the experience I had was fantastic from the moment I walked in the door, to the moment I left. The staff from the person to the front desk to the General Manager (Jacques) were very helpful, pleasant and accomodating to whatever I needed or any questions I asked. The room I was in was clean and comfortable, the bathroom was spotless. The food was excellent.

I would recommend anyone visiting to stay at the Travelodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
SleepyBear13, Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for the great comments! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us !
We Hope to see you agian soon!