Travelodge Winnipeg East
  • Fitness centre
Victoria Inn(Winnipeg)
US$129
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbowling alleytravel lodgepoolside roompool areafront deskpool and hot tuban upgradeeasy accesscomfortable bedsa great stayconvenient locationsafewaytreadmillmicrowavevehicleforks
Reviewed 2 July 2010

The service we received , right from the start was excellent, Stephanie that was working the first night was just a prelude to the type of service we were going to receive the whole visit. The room was clean, fresh and very well maintained. The location was actually great, it was a drive to get to the stadium but we had a vehicle and after the first direction Stephanie provided for us the rest was a breeze. The staff were all so great. The stay was fantastic, we would stay again and again when visiting Winnipeg and area. The thing we disliked most is that we had to leave, they made us feel so much like family, great hotel.
I work in the service industry and it's my 30 years experience that makes me tell the world about this hotel, great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2010

When me and my family got into winnipeg we heard it was nothing but rain for the last thre days and no sunshine in sight so me and the wife thought "oh no three days of the kids trapped in one room." However it turned out to be a very pleasent stay with a beautiful pool area to keep the kids entertained and when they tired of that there was bowling lanes downstairs as well!! talk about saving a parents mind. I would highly recomend this to anyone that is traveling with kids. The staff of the hotel were great - even going so far as to help with directions to some of the indoor places to visit. The resturant had some good food at decent prices and the waitress' were very friendly

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Staff was great
Food was delishious
room was clean and comfortable
All round a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Wow...where to start for the Travelodge...
I cannot say enough good things about the Travelodge, we had our wedding reception there but it was so much more than that. The weekend of May 15th, the Travelodge was taken over by my husband and my friends and family. We had our reception there so it only made the most sense to have everyone stay there. From the outside the hotel may not look like much, but once you get inside, you feel like you are in a whole new world! I cannot tell you how many of our guests told us how impressed they were with everything. The room sizes were huge, the beds were SUPER comfortable, the staff were all friendly and super helpful, the food was FANTASTIC! One of my personal favourites would definitely be the pool area. It was sooo nice to sit around the pool with my family members and chat. It is beautiful and relaxing in there and it was awesome!
Now onto my wedding reception itself...well to the naked eye the room we had it in may not look very fancy to have a wedding reception in there. But once you get the chair covers and the room decorated, it truly was a magical feeling in there. The serving staff were fantastic and boy...the meal...was incredible!! I am one picky eater but I must say the food we chose, the chicken kiev, chefs mixture for the vegetables, baked potato and greek salad to start...phenomenal!! The portions were huge, the food was hot and above all, it was delicious!! I had so many compliments on the food, some even saying it was the best meal they'd ever had at a wedding. The plates were cleared in a timely fashion and the cake was brought out...and the magic continued into the evening. The staff were incredibly helpful when it came to a soiled tablecloth, and hey...they even got up and danced with us and my guests!! This day will always be the happiest day of mine and my husbands lives and we couldn't have had this experience without the help of everyone at the Travelodge...and for that...I want to thank them soooo much!!! A special thanks goes out to the Catering Manager Brenda...if I ever needed anything, she was there...if I had a question...she was there...
She made sure to look after anything and everything just so our day was a stress free happy day, and boy did she ever. She solved any problem I had...and I did have a few, but the way she got things done was just amazing...and the best part about Brenda...that she ALWAYS has a smile on her face...she just makes everything right. :)
Thank you to everyone who participated in making our day such a perfect day!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!
I am a very grateful bride and would reccommend the Travelodge to ANYONE!!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 18 March 2010

In 2009 we stayed at this hotel with our hockey team. On the second day of our stay there my daughter woke up with bites all over her face, neck, arms and legs. It was so bad that I took her to see the doctor. I called the hotel and was assured that they did not have a bed bug problem. Weeks later, after receiving several complaints about that room, the hotel eventually looked into the situation and discovered that they did, indeed, have a bedbug problem. They called me immediately to apologize and gave me a rebate for my stay there. I do appreciate the fact that they were very apologetic... however I can't bring myself to ever stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009
4  Thank tlizl
SleepyBear13, General Manager at Travelodge Winnipeg East, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2010

The subject of Bed Bugs is a very difficult situation to deal with. With the current outbreak throughout the country, we are fortunate not to have the problems that most Hotels encounter. We are vigilant in ensuring our rooms are checked daily. When we received this occurence we ensured that the room was sealed off and treated immediately by a proffesional to elimante any other occurences.