Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre
US$161
US$151
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsred lobsterpolo parkrestaurant stafffront desk staffrooms are niceshopping and restaurantslots of parkinghot tublocation is greatshuttle servicemain floorjodiloungeweddingbrunchballroomappointment
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Friendly staff. Ample parking. Clean rooms. Wonderful service. Quiet rooms. No complaints at all. Will stay there again. We had the family suite and our kids thought it was great! They went swimming and played and we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

We thank you for providing such wonderful comments about your stay here with Us and see you stayed in our Family Room during your visit and also enjoyed our Pool and Waterslide Area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel. I had stayed at the Viscount years ago quite a few times, and this was my first time back since their renovations. It looks like a completely different hotel, but with the same friendly staff that I remember. They gave me a free upgrade since they had the space. The rooms were spacious, quiet and clean. The lobby was beautiful, and the restaurant breakfast was good value. I liked the fact that their was free easy parking. They do have some covered spots, but I wish there was more. All in all, great stay, and I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide tripadvisor viewers your wonderful comments on your stay here with us.
The renovations of our Hotel provide a Modern, Comforting. Relaxing experience in all of our areas of our Full Service Hotel for all of our Guests.
Our entireTeam pride themselves in providing a Professional and Friendly environment to make each and every Guest feel right at Home.
We look forward to having your stay with Us again.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Our group had a few major concerns bad let downs for our 4 night stay.

When our group of three adults arrived we could hardly get past the smokey entrance. Other girsts and bar patrons weren't even asked to stand away from the doors. The lobby and entrance way reeked of cigarettes. One reason we stayed here is that it is smoke free.

The website describes a lounge but it is actually a bar. It was very loud, complete with karaoke, looked like VLTs, and it was packed nearly all four nights of our stay. We were looking for a quiet place to rest and relax, this was not a welcome surprise.

Every night of our stay we were woken up in the middle of the night, anywhere between 1 and after 3am, by people fighting in the hallway, banging doors, and generally not respecting all the other guest.

Service was mediocre at best. Upon check in, one guest was rudely snapped at because our entire group wasn't checking in at once.

The website describes this Ramada as luxury. It isn't. Luxury would not mean paper cups and powdered coffee whitener for in room coffee nor the stench if smoke or loud bar. It was too expensive for what we got. With tax it was at least $150 a night. We felt duped by the slick website.

I won't stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JSPJC
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

I must apologize for your resent stay here with us as I am disappointed we failed to give you the quality product and service we strive for with all our guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comments and we have taken steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff has also been made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action.

I have spoken with our Night Manager as well as Security Company about the concerns you had addressed on tripadvisor. In Manitoba there is a by-law which stats they need to be 15 meters away from all entrances while smoking, which Security is to be monitoring throughout the evening and I see they did not do this. Also they are to monitor the hallways throughout the evening as well to ensure that all noise is kept to a minimum.

I did speak to our Lounge Manager as well and we did have a Large Group staying in the Hotel which also utilized the Lounge during their stay and numerous rooms in the Hotel which woudl be why our Lounge was so busy during your stay.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel the next time you are in Winnipeg as I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

Positives: Good location with close proximity to the airport, shopping and dining. Room was very large. They accept pets on the first floor. Price was right. Pool with water slide. Evening staff were friendly and helpful. Free parking.

Negatives: Old building, dirty rooms. Wifi was so slow! Internet at business centre was slower than wifi! Rude daytime staff. No soundproofing. Pool doesn't open until nine am (our kids were ready to do some sliding at seven!!)

If you are in the city to experience it (and not a hotel), got a good price, don't expect complimentary breakfast, can ignore the staff and overlook the filth you will be fine here.

Bottom line - there are better choices in Winnipeg and we are not likely to return.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Golden_Amik

We appreciate you providing Us your comments on Tripadvisor as we take all comments very seriously.
I have spoken with our Front Desk Manager regarding the unprofessional service and quality you received with our Front Desk Agent and I can ensure you that this type of Service will not happen again. As well as addressed you concerns with our Housekeeping Manager.
We have contacted our WIFI provider to review this speed of our WIFI to see if this is an on going problem.
I hope you on your next visit to Winnipeg you give Us the opportunity to provide you with the utmost in Professional Service and Quailty that we pride ourselves on.

Sincerley,

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

I hated it here and the stuff where 50/50 when it came to friendly service. The general manager was a very unfriendly to us when we talked to her. The kids have asked to we just go back to the hoilday inn and never there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

I am disappointed we failed to give you the quality service we strive for with all our Guests – the type of service we pride ourselves in. I have investigated your comment and you will be receiving a notification from the City on your comments to me regarding the the depth of our Pool Area. We follow all Governement Regulations regarding the depth of the Pool as well as our high level of safety in that area for all of our Guests.
We want each and every Guest to relax and enjoy this area.