“Corporate Events”

Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“Corporate Events”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I am an Events Coordinator for a major company and use hotels all over Canada and the world. I have dealt with 2 star to 5 stars hotels for my events and must say that The Ramada Viscount Gort in wpg, MB. exceeds all expectations as far as dealing with different group sizes, excellent detail oriented, outstanding customer service. This hotel has by far exceeded any other hotel I have worked with and I will definitely use them in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet P
Tracy W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
The RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel would like to thank you for providing us such wonderful feedback regarding numerous Corporate events here with Us.
We are grateful for your ongoing loyalty with us, and look forward to hosting more events with your and your Organization in the future.

RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I attended a graduation dinner and dance at the Viscount Gort and it was a great experience. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. We stayed the night after the event and had a wonderful experience. Room was clean and large and the bed was comfortable. Loved the whole experience! Totally recommend it to anyone and will not hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Tracy W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide Us with a review about your event and stay. Our Culinary and Banquet Team want each and every Guest to enjoy there evening.
Our Guest Room provide comfort and relaxation during there stay.
Again, thank you for providing Us a review about your visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I am a producer that recently had 4 top comedians in town and their entourage. We took up 7 rooms and on the night of the event I took a room too. The hotel is so clean and fresh looking. The staff were very easy to deal with and so accommodating. The food in the restaurant was great. Everyone was happy with their rooms. You add all of this with its proximity to the main shopping mall and it is a win win every time.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. When celebrities who travel the world say the hotel is good then you know something is being done right.

Room Tip: All of our rooms were great. We were on the 4th floor and both sides of the hall. No complaints ab...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing Us with a review about your stay here with your Comedians and for choosing Us to help make your stay in Winnipeg and enjoyable one.
We at the RAMADA Viscount Gort Hotel pride ourselves to provide a relaxing and professional stay for each and everyone of our Guests.

We look forward to seeing you and your entourage soon.

General manager
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I was there last Sunday and had a great experience! Great food, great service, totally recommend it. Going back again soon! My family all enjoyed the experience. Clean, happy atmosphere. It's a must go!

• Stayed April 2014
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I will ensure to pass this on to our Restaurant Manager as well as our Chef.
We look forward to your next visit.

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I booked this hotel on the start of my European trip. I had stayed at this place years ago when it was called "The Viscount Gort" and had been happy with it. This time when I checked in, I was extremely pleased with the staff at the front desk. They were very friendly and went to great efforts to check with the restaurant staff if they could prepare gluten free meals. I wanted to be sure that it was not an issue, as if it was going to be then I would have walked or taken a taxi somewhere else. They spoke to the chef (Michael) and assured me that it was not a problem. So I dropped my bags off in my room and went to the restaurant. I told the waiter that the front staff had spoken to Michael about gluten free being required (it is not a fad for me...it is a necessity). He later claimed that he didn't hear me say that. I made it very clear that I needed gluten free. No croutons, no food cooked in a margarine or butter if it had been used to butter bread (as crumbs can transfer to it and then end up in my dish if cooked with that margarine...making me very ill for days), no wheat or rye or barley products. Also if any pre packaged cheese is used - it can quite likely have gluten, as the equipment used to shred the cheese is often coated in flour to prevent sticking of cheese to the equipment. So after careful selection and assurances from the wait staff, I chose a chicken salad. He had assured me that the chicken was grilled - there would be no spices and no flour on it at all. When the salad arrived it not only had chicken coated in some unknown spice that could have gluten in it, but it also had a huge gob of pre packaged, shredded cheese on it. All the food certainly looked really good and smelled great...but as a person who cannot eat gluten, this is apparently not a place to eat. This is the first time that I have ever had to turn down a meal and walk out. So embarrassed and disappointed. Then to top that off: the waiter clearly was angry with me (which really irritated me, since I was very clear about the health issue and speaking to the chef and he messed up), but then as he is returning to the kitchen with it, another employee very loudly blurts out a comment badmouthing me and humiliating me. What a terrible experience. By that time it was getting late, so I went to my room and had a gluten free muffin I had brought with me and that was it. I gave an "average" review, because the rest of the staff was excellent, but the waiter and the girl who yelled out that comment were extremely upsetting and embarrassing.

Room Tip: Avoid eating here if you require gluten free meals, otherwise the rest is great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
I have discussed you comment about your recent visit to our Restaurant with our Chef. I would like to apologize for the incident which occurred as we know how serious any form of contamination can be to our Guests.
We have checked all the ingredients of both our spices which were on the Chicken as well as the Cheese and both are Gluten free.
We serve many allergies as well as dietary restrictions in the Hotel as this is becoming more and more common within our Industry, which is why we have many ingredients to ensure that we can accommodate them as much as possible .
I have also spoken to our Restaurant Manager regarding the situation and this type of behavior is not tolerated and will be dealt with.
Thank you again for providing us with your comments as we do take all of them very seriously as we want to ensure that each Guest receives the utmost in Professional Service when staying with us.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I would never go bad. The booking was for a group whom asked to placed all together which we were not. When everyone checked in we were treated with inexperienced staff whom couldnt even provide information on the facilities in the hotel. We were then harrassed by the staff due to the group gathering in one room because we were not put in the same area as we originally requested 3 months prior when we booked. We were threatened by a security guard that the police were going to be called due to our loud talking in a room. The age of our group was 40-50 year old adults whom did no damage nor as responsible adults did we even leave a mess. It was a disappointing stay and in the future we will never stay here again. We will be very diligent in let our friends know of the unacceptable service proved by extremely inexperienced and rude individuals running this establishment.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
We thank you for providing us your comments on your recent stay here with us.
I have reviewed al of the information you outlined in your comment with both our Front Desk Manager as well as the Security Company.
We did have your entire group all on the 2 floor together at the end of the hall during your entire stay.
Various Room Guests did complain at 4:00am about the loud noise coming from one of the guest rooms which everyone was gathering in on your floor. Security had asked twice for everyone to keep it down as this was affecting other Guests on the Floor at 4:00am in the morning. We only have a one warning Policy regarding noise after 11:00pm as e need to ensure that each and every Guest has a relaxing night sleep.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Visited the Ramada Viscount Gort at a recent full-day technical seminar series. It was a great choice for the event with easy-access to the presentation rooms, clean comfortable seating and close washroom locations. Lunch was served by the hotel staff, who were friendly and helpful. The pasta sauce was out of this world - hats-off to the chef. Banquet Manager Gerard was especially attentive and should be complimented on a fine event.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us a wonderful review about your recent visit here with us on the service and quality you experienced.
Gerard and his Team always go out of there way to ensure that each and every Guest is taken care of front he time they walk in the door to the time they leave.
We are looking forward to hosting next years event.