“A Fabulous Weekend.”

Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
“A Fabulous Weekend.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I can't rave enough about how wonderful the hotel and staff at The Vicount Gort are. As a wedding planner and guest at the hotel the staff the rooms the venues. Prefect perfect perfect. Gerard, Kristie, Duke,Connie, Steve,Fred,and the rest. I can't thank you enough for all the help. And making my bridal couples wedding truly memorable for them and their guests. You have proved people can be friendly and professional at the same time. All of our wedding guest were wowed at the large clean rooms. The fantastic food. And the kindness of all the staff. If you are planing an event or just some fun. This is the place to be.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a pet . They do have a pet wing. If mobility is an issue they have rooms f...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for providing Tripadvisor a review about your experience with Us. Our Professional Team want to ensure that every Guest as well as every detail is not overlooked. We know how important it is that these things are followed to detail and with ease.
We look forward to working with you again on your next special event.

Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Winnipeg
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Gerard is such an excellent banquet manager. He took excellent care of all services including food and beverages. We had a great evening and very much enjoyed our time at the wedding at the hildebrand and fast wedding.

• Stayed July 2014
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
We appreciate you providing us with such a wonderful review about the Professional Service you received during this very special day. I will forward your review to our Banquet Team.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff of the Viscount Gort is beyond compare.
I stayed there for 3 nights last week and my stay could not have been more enjoyable.
I love the fact that they are pet friendly as I have a bunny. I brought him out to meet people and I could not have found more caring people.
Reception, housekeeping, restaurant and the sales people are the best I have ever met.

My room was clean, the food was great and the pool and waterslide were out of this world.
Big thanks to Rhonda and Jody, you two rock.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
TRACY W, General Manager at Viscount Gort Hotel Banquet and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We understand the importance of travelling with your Pet and what you expect for them to ensure they are comfortable when they are away from home.
The Staff enjoy the visit of our Furry Friends and we are glad when we get the opportunity to have a visit with them.
Thank you again for providing us with a review on tripadvisor and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Amazing facilities, newly renovated. Staff were very attentive and professional. They didn't nickel and dime us for everything, rather, helped us to cut cost where possible. It rained and we still had plenty of nice places to take wedding pictures on site.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher G
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us a review about our Hotel and our Sales and Banquet Team.
Our Sales Team takes every event to heart to provide the Professional Service and Attention each and every Guest expects.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I recently had a group booked at the Viscount Gort in Winnipeg. From the website the hotel looked quite satisfactory, and seemed like a much better location than downtown, where most things close by 6 PM. Upon arrival however the hotel that we saw online was more of a Motel 6. The floors in the room were sticky and disgusting, and the overall quality of the building was just not up to par.

My group was also met with a notice posted in the lobby that read:

"We have noticed that parts of the building exterior on our West Side have begun to crack and may become loose and fall. Because of this we have blocked the parking area (which we needed for several buses) and would strongly advise that all guest refrain from using their balconies, and the exterior exits until we can rectify this issue. This is for your safety.

Thank you for your understanding, we apologize for an inconvenience this may cause"

We have a specific clause in our contract that states that the hotel must notify us or our travel agents if we have any issues with the hotel, or if there is construction that comes up that may cause any interruptions with our stays. The hotel did nothing to notify us of these issues, and continued to put people in the rooms that had suspect balconies. If you had missed the posting in the lobby, which was a singular sign from what I could see, there was a chance of serious injury or worse.

Upon seeing this posting members of my group contacted me immediately, as I was still in route to the hotel. I called the hotel and told them that we would be moving to a different hotel due to the issues that my principles were experiencing, and the manager on duty assured me that they would not charge my card, and that they were very sorry for the inconvenience.

Almost 2 weeks later I received a notice from my travel agent that the hotel was going to charge me for the entire group, because they did not see an issue with the rooms, or with the situation at the hotel, or the fact that they didn't notify us as specifically outlined in our contract.

This is a terrible way to do business, and in 17 years of using hotels for group travel practically 300 days a year I have never run into a situation quite like this one.

I would encourage you to never use this hotel for anything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Disgusted34219
Kakabeka Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel twice a year for the past 4-5 yrs and this time when I booked a mth in advance I got a confirmation # for 3 nights stay. Then on the 2nd day we needed to stay an extra day. When I went downstairs to book it they only had me booked for 2 nights and wanted me out of the room ASAP. They switched us to another rm which we didn't like cause it was in the old part of the hotel. They could of at least have given us a discount for the
inconvenience which they had caused us. Not happy at all and thinking of changing hotel stays in future trips to Winnipeg, MB
CR Holland (Canada Post Corp)

• Stayed June 2014
We appreciate you providing us your comments on your recent stay here with us as we take every comment very seriously.
I apologize we were unable to accommodate you in the same room on your additional night as we had large group checking in which was on the entire floor that you were on.
Our Staff will do everything possible to make each and every Guest welcome and try to accommodate them in every mean possible.
I really hope that due to the loyalty with us over the past 4 years, you will let us provide you the opportunity to show you the Professional Service we al pride ourselves on your next visit to Winnipeg.

Thompson
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel May long weekend. The customer service at this hotel is awesome! Our son was playing in an AAA hockey tournament and some nights we wouldn't get back to the hotel until late evening. The restaurant stayed open late one evening so we could feed our son 'real' food, and not have to depend on takeout. The manager on duty during our stay was Jack Carr. He went above and beyond to make our stay awesome!! Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us as well as tripadvisor.
The Team at the Viscount Gort Hotel pride themselves to provide each and every Guest with the utmost in Customer Service during there stay here with Us.
We look forward to your next visit.