“Central location and reliable comfort”

Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Perfectly located for concerts, galleries, theatre, shopping and the lively Exchange District, Winnipeg's Downtown Radisson is our go-to hotel when we're in town. Adjacent to the MTS centre, boasting great city views from higher floors and the fairly decent 12th floor Resto bar, and with a Starbucks in the entrance lobby opposite the front desk, all in all it's a pretty complete set-up, albeit rather generic.

Rooms are generally spacious, comfortable and well appointed, although parts of the property could still usefully do with a fresh coat of paint and with being a bit more spic and span. Staff are generally helpful and efficient but at times, the front desk can be somewhat understaffed and inexperienced.

Room Tip: Request a room located on a higher floor for great views and a quieter night away from busy Portage...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Ben,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnpeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am pleased your visit was enjoyable and I thank you for your comments. I have reviewed your comments with our Team to demonstrate areas of opportunity during your visit. Feedback is essential for our continued commitment to provide a guest experience that is unmatched, thank you again for your time; it is very much appreciated and welcomed.
If I may ever be of any assistance Ben, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. It would be my pleasure to assist.
Continued Success,
Richard Burton CHRM, CRDE, CHA

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Beds extremely comfortable best nigths sleep i have ever had, staff superb, in restraunt, coffee shop, front desk, shuttle driver. great experience will definently stay again, restraunt had spaghetti it was ok, have had better. other than spaghetti all was great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am very pleased our new Serta Bed Sets enhanced your experience with us and provided a good nights rest. We are truly fortunate to have such a dedicated Team of professionals who truly care and are very sincere in the service they offer, it will be with pleasure I share your comments with them. I appreciate you relaying your comments about our spegahtti, I will be sure to follow up with our Culinary Team for further review.
We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host your visit, we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Radisson for a weekend and had a great experience! The the rooms were so modern and spacious and the beds were large and so comfortable. After we checked in we went to the restaurant lounge for drinks and appetizers, we had great service with amazing views of downtown. Later we had a dinner reservation down the street, it was raining so the had a shuttle service offered to drive us, which we thought was so nice! This hotel was perfect with its convenient downtown location, beautifully spacious rooms and friendly staff!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am thrilled you and your boyfriend had a great weekend away and created a memorable experience for you both. We very much appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to be a part of this very special weekend. I am delighted to see that our complimentary shuttle service was of assistance, it is a great service, especially when it is raining.
We thank you for making the Radisson your destination decision and we look forward to hosting many more of your weekend getaways.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Front desk staff very indifferent and unhelpful. We opted for self parking and ended up stranded in an adjoining building with all our luggage, took 20 minutes to get to lobby, cleaning lady in other building was only one who helped. No luggage trolleys anywhere, message was clear pay for valet parking or suffer. Cleaning staff very pleasant, should put them on front desk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Paul D,
I appreciate and thank you for outlining your experience surrounding your recent visit to the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am sorry to hear the issues you encountered regarding our parkade. It is evident from your comments we did not do our job in communicating effectively with you. I have shared your comments with our Team and I can assure you this has been addressed. I do invite you to contact me directly upon any future visits to Winnipeg, I would like to have the opportunity to further speak with you and "Make it Right". I may be reached directly at rburton@canadinns.com or office direct at 204-975-6206. I do look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Me and my bud had a great time despite the short time we were there. The location seemed more suited to the local bars and clubs but nonetheless we never really had a need for a car. The staff was extremely helpful providing suggestions on spots to eat. We may have been a nuisance asking for directions left and right to all the tourist spots but they were always courteous. I would say it was worth the price but we happened to get a deal during the holidays. The hotel seemed very quiet all around. There were not a lot of guests to been seen walking around the hotel even during the holiday if that is what you are going for.

Room Tip: It may be obvious but would suggest a high floor for the view haha XD
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brylines
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
We appreciate you sharing your holiday experience with us. There are many wonderful attractions in Downtown Winnipeg, especially over the Holidays and I am happy to see you were able to take advantage of some of these. Over the holidays, there are some fantastic packages available and I am pleased you were able to capitalize on one.
We thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday getaway and look forward to serving you again very soon.
Continued Success,

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Convenient downtown location perfect for business travel. The staff are very friendly, informative, and accommodating – well informed of retail, dining, and transportation services for all of downtown. I found the room size a bit small, but very well-appointed with upscale doors, fixtures, and toiletries. The beds are very comfortable – a VERY welcomed benefit for this frequent traveler!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank USA52GO

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, owned & operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our new Serta Concierge Pillow Top bed sets. These new sets have been very well received and I am glad they enhanced your experience with us. I appreciate you recognizing the efforts of our Associates, it will be with pleasure I share your comments with them. We thank you for allowing us the opportunity to earn your business and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we attended two baseball games and a football game. The location allowed us to walk to the baseball stadium, which was great. The hotel had great internet service, room service was quick and quite tasty, and the fitness centre was much better equipped than most hotels. Also, when our teenagers wanted to hook up their gaming system, the hotel immediately brought them a bigger TV with the necessary ports. Our only complaint was with housekeeping. The rooms were clean when we arrived, but service during our stay was pretty poor. When we didn't receive housekeeping service after our first night, I called down to request clean towels, etc. The cleaning person took our dirty glasses and cups and put the paper covers back on and placed them on the trays. When I told her they were dirty, she rinsed them in the sink and put them back. The next day she just left them on the counter. Overall, we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patti D
RWJB, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Winnipeg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Patti,
Thank your for taking the time to speak with me regarding your experience at the Radisson Hotel Downtown Winnipeg, Owned & Operated by Canad Inns Downtown Ltd.
I very much appreciated your time and value your feedback. I thank you for the opportunity to host your next visit and look forward to welcoming you back. Again, if I may be any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.