“Lots of recent upgrades”

Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The old 'Greenwood' has under gone a number of recent upgrade, and we've enjoyed a few stays there over the last couple of months. Staff are always attentive and friendly. Rooms clean and spacious. Often one of the best prices for the area when booking on Hotels.com

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Cory S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that our staff was attentive and friendly. We know how important our customers are and want to ensure everyone's stay is a memorable one. We recently finished a full renovation of our hotels common areas and guest rooms. We are very happy that we can offer our new product to enhance our service to our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Cory Scott,

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights at this airport hotel. It was priced reasonably and was clean and updated. Staff were helpful and easy to deal with. I've stayed at other hotel closer to downtown but not as nice or reasonable as this one. Good choice and only around $12 cab ride to downtown.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Our convenient location which is only 3 minutes to the airport and approximately 15 minutes from downtown makes it easy for guests to experience everything that Winnipeg has to offer. Our friendly staff is always there to help out and I'm happy you found them easy to deal with. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Winnipeg.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed there in late Jan/14 and early Feb/14. Found a good price on Booking.com for both nights and the shuttle service and free parking was the clincher. The lobby staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very quiet and very clean and modern. A free coffee machine in the lobby was a nice touch as well as the free paper. The widescreen TV in the lobby showed the weather and I believe some arrivals and departure status at the airport.
The restaurant was expensive although convenient and the food was good. Service was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your taking time out of your day and writing about your experience with us. We strive to offer superior customer service and making sure everyone's stay is pleasant, clean, and comfortable is our highest priority. Our 24 hour complimentary coffee station and free daily newspaper is a small thing that we can offer to our guests to make them feel more at home. We appricaite your kind words and we hope you will chose to stay with us again during future visits to Winnipeg.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the hotel and loved the beds! The bathroom was lovely and the staff were helpful and friendly. The things that I was disappointed with was that there were no microwaves in the rooms and that there was no continental breakfast. My husband had lunch at the restaurant and was not very impressed with the quality of food.
My kids very much enjoyed the pool and we would probably stay at this hotel again. It would be nice to see microwaves in all the rooms as well as a free continental breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Things I liked about this hotel. The bed was relatively comfy. The room was clean. The bathroom was a nice size. Nice clear reception on TV. No issues with wifi. Special request for room with low traffic was granted. Needed this because I brought my dog. Had no issues at all with having my dog, walking around with her on leash. One thing I liked about this hotel location was out the back door their was plenty of space to walk her. The only thing I didn't like was after 11pm the back door is locked so you have to go out the front. Some hotels your able to access the doors with your room key. Room service was quick and friendly. Didn't venture out of my room so I can't comment on anything outside of that. The only one thing I didn't like was my meal I had from room service. I had steak and it was not very good. However you can't judge on one meal. Sometimes it's hit or miss. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Cory S, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Winnipeg Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We are a very proud pet friendly hotel and understand how pets are an extension to many families. We have many large areas and an open field out back that many pet traveling customers appreciate. I apologize about the back doors being locked during your stay at night. One of the two back doors is accessible at night using your key card to regain entry. The sliding entry doors do remain locked for security purposes at night. Please accept my apologies for your room service meal. Quality is very important to us and will be looked into. Thank you and we hope to see you again next time you are in Winnipeg.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and four friends attended Scrapbook and Cards Today's Crop and Create event at The Best Western, formerly The Greenwood. A block of rooms was set aside so once we knew we were going there was no trouble reserving a room. We requested a room close to the elevator as one in our group has mobility issues. We were placed in the room furthest from the elevator and were not able to move due to the hotel being very busy. It was unfortunate, but we managed.

The room was clean but a little cramped for four women who don't pack light and who like to shop. Again, we managed.

The staff was friendly and did their best to accommodate any requests we had.

Our event was in the main ballroom and the classes were in rooms down the hall. There was water, coffee and tea available for the duration if our event. If something was empty it was quickly replenished with a reminder to staff. A Dairy free request was accommodated with no trouble for lunch and dessert.

My only complaint was I found the ballroom very dark for the purposes of scrapbooking. I brought my OTT light, which was absolutely necessary. I also found it incredibly hot in the ballroom, which I understand is a personal preference and it's difficult to please a large group.

Although I would have previously skipped this hotel in the past, I would consider it now that it's a BW.

We did not eat at the restaurant, use the pool or gym, but they are nice options for different types of travel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Golden_Amik

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are always ecstatic to have the Scrap Booking community stay with us and I am glad that you came out to attend the event. I apoloigize for you being placed further down the hall then you had requested and I hope it wasnt to much of a hindrance during your stay. We are very proud of our hardworking banquet staff and the great levels of efficiency they run at. They are great at ensuring everything is topped up and running smoothly. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity as your choice hotel for the night. We hope to have you stay with us again real soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was stuck in Wpg due to a snowstorm blocking the highways into Ontario. I showed up late at night, and was treated with courtesy by the friendly staff. They had a room and when I showed my CAA card they gave me a discount also. I have stayed in this hotel in trips from the Wpg airport.

The room was great, clean and maintained. Everything worked, and it was quiet. The past owner let it get a bit run down but it seems Best Western has put it back together again.

The in room heater/air conditioner was a bit noisy, but compared to my 2 previous nights stay at one of Canada's "Premier Hotels" on front street in Toronto, it was quiet as a mouse.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking in the rear if the front is congested for cars. People tend to go on vacation and...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ken C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. This has been quite the winter even for Winnipeg Standards and I am very happy to hear that our staff was able to make a good impression during your stranded situation. We have worked very hard to complete a full renovation of the hotel and I am glad you found the upgrade to be a vast improvement. We hope to see you again real soon.