“Good Hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed july 16 Great Hotel, Excellent service and very comfortable rooms.The room was clean and the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. Would
stay again anytime..:)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My experience with this hotel was not very good. I arrived and checked in only to find out afterwards that the elevator was out of service. To access my third floor room, I had to go through the hotel restaurant, up a glassed-in stairway that was like an oven with no assistance offered from staff. Of course this wasn't mentioned until after they checked me in and took a ridiculous deposit on my credit card for a one night stay. Poor attitude on the young man at the front desk as well. Bathroom fan did not work; the a/c was in "econo" mode the entire time without the ability to change it in 35 plus degree heat and a broken shower head. The CAA rate was $89 for a good reason. This was a very unpleasant stay and I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank brentto99
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel looks much nicer in the pics than it actually is, I drove up and would have left had I not had a reservation and it was too late to cancel. The place looks like a dump from the outside. The neighbourhood is sketchy and you take your life in your hands in the parking lot, because it is the "main drag" for the 20-somethings to get to the Quality Inn Liquor store at the back of the parking lot. I suppose for some guests that would be a bonus. For me, it meant the parking lot was full of screeching cars all the night. I was also concerned, given the booze action in the lot and the large numbers of sketchy people who just appeared to be hanging around, that my car might be stolen or broken into. Did not make for a great sleep. The room was only okay. Scratchy bedding that you expect for this hotel level. I am rather astounded that this hotel ranks as high as it does in popularity. Are the choices really that poor? I would never order from the sketchy bar or restaurant downstairs. Overall, I would describe this hotel as incredibly depressing - often the case when you can smell bleach the moment the lobby doors open.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The front desk people were always helpful and gthe hotel rooms were clean. The breakfast provided by the hotel was super; better than some restaurants.Free newspapers were also a nice touch.

Lobby with fire place and coffee was very nice.

I got a great rate and the attached bar and casino were a nice addition.

The hotel location was great. The hotel was only a 9 dollar cab ride from downtown and a 20 dollar cab ride to the airport. Also near the hotel were 2 quick food places and a nice restaurant and grocery store.

Room Tip: USe the phine to set up and a reservation
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have stayed in different hotels in Winnipeg over the years, and decided to go with Quality Inn this time because of the convenient location and decent price. Will definitely stay there again - the room was small, but extremely comfortable and clean. They give you all kinds of towels and pillows, which I defnitely appreciated! The beds are very comfortable as well, and we found it very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2011

The hotel was nice and clean, but for what I was paying I would expect nothing less. The location wasn't great, it was several km from downtown and not near anything exciting. I ordered room service from the bar downstairs, it was cheap but was not very nice and didn't match what was described on the menu. The free breakfast was good and held in a lovely dinning room.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirsty W
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Well I am a business man and I travel a lot. I check in around midnight and early morning I heard a man walking up and down the corridor and loudly talking on the cell. Now I dont know why hotel people dont do sanity tests on people like these who yell on cell like 4 am in the morning. I called the service number and asked to tow that loudspeaker out of the corridor but reply came in they will try at once. The guy started speaking even more louder and I guess he is nut case.

Room Tip: get a basement room
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business