“ok”

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Regina
“ok”
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice, it is easy to locate with nice clean rooms, and a nice breakfast, close to all amenities. This is where the good ends, our first stay we had reserved a king bed, when we get there we have 2 queens, when calling the front desk as they didn't tell us when we checked in, they said we had gotten an upgrade, when I questioned them as I was paying the same price for the 2 queens as I was my king which the 2 queens is cheaper, they said that reservations are never guaranteed that the manager has the ability to change all reservations at their discretion. I was not impressed with this and told them that, they eventually got us our king room. Suggestion if you order room service make sure you have cash, as they won't tell you when you order this is the only payment they accept and got nasty when we asked if we could pay debit. The service from all areas, except the housekeepers, was poor, directions weren't able to be provided, suggestions for local entertainment or food. If you need a clean room, not picky on what kind, and don't require help, at a reasonable price, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canadianarmybrat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel was not as difficult to locate as earlier thought it would be. It is in a rough neighborhood, but the renovations and cleanliness made up for the area. The breakfast was just excellent. It was eggs/waffles/vogurt etc., that was provided in a newly renovated restaurant and the breakfast area was continuously cleaned. The room was a bit small but very comfortable and the beds were wonderfully firm. I wanted to stay with Travelodge East (as I have stayed there with the dog last summer) but it was booked so I tried this Quality Inn and Suites and I loved it. I will definitely will return on my trip out west. We were also impressed with the front desk management. They were extremely polite and very helpful.

Room Tip: There are several Starbucks close by on Pembina Hwy.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 20 August 2011

We were just passing through winnipeg and decided to try this hotel out and it ended up being quite nice! The service was excellent and the rooms were great and clean! Breakfast was also good, overall i had a good stay here and would stay again next time i come through this are

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank the1sun
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Loved the first priceless experience during the stay at this hotel, friendly staffs and mind blowing facilities.It's ideal location and amenities make it the perfect place to stay while the rate was perfect and it was really in the heart of the Business and Entertainment districts.One word AWESOME! I didn't think there were an exceptional number of bums or anything, you ARE in a big city and this definitely made my holiday with my family the best holiday ever! Thanks for the great hospitality!

Beds were comfy, room was the perfect size for two people. The staff members were very courteous and helpful. Restaurant downstairs was great for breakfast and private evening with delicious food at the on-site Sorrento's Italian Restaurant. The restaurant offers a full menu for lunch, dinner or just a snack.. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I live in Toronto and I was looking for a place to stay in Winnipeg because I have to attend a wedding there. An old friend of mine recommended Quality Inn Hotel. I arrived there 3 o'clock in the afternoon with a warm welcome from the front desk staff. What a great service! I must say this hotel is like home. Very clean, peaceful, and the staff are very accommodating. I got everything I look for (WIFI, free coffee,free breakfast, free news paper and a lot more). Furthermore, the location is near shopping centers, parks and just a minute away from downtown area. Not to mention their reasonable price. Moreover, I enjoyed their great tasting food!

I will definitely go back to this hotel again because comfortability matters to me when I am away from home

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I really wanted to visit Forks’ tourist area in Winnipeg and have some fun and time with my friend. We planned this long time ago, so when our schedule finally allowed us to do so, we grabbed our travel bags and drove to Winnipeg.

Few days back before the trip, I asked some of my office mates to recommend a good hotel to stay at. From then, I searched the web and found some good reviews about it, plus it's the nearest hotel from the Forks. I had my reservation at the Quality Inn & Suites.

We arrived pretty late at the hotel; I think it was about 9pm—thanks to my not-so-good-navigational-skills that we almost got lost. We were welcome by the staff and they're seem to be nice and welcoming. Anyways, we had the room with two beds and we finally got to rest.

The next day, after eating some nice full breakfast, we geared up and head to Forks which is basically, our original plan. It's my first time in Winnipeg and with Forks too, so we’re not familiar with the place. We asked for directions from the hotel's front desk. We’re surprised that they are willing to lend us one of their staff to assist us to Forks—maybe because they know what we’ve been through the night before. This is why I love these hotel people. Love Winnipeg too.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Los Osos, California
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Arrived her very late last night, was planning on staying for one week but am leaving this morning. Although the staff is very friendly the place is not somewhere I can stay a week and be happy. It is tolerable but thats about it. First off it smells smoky and hallway is dark and dank. I requested a quite room, multiple times and did not get it, you can here EVERYTHING, and we were put close to the elevator.. Quiet??? Not at all!! The room is so small that my 19 year old son and might as well share a bed. The soap in the bathroom fell apart, the drain did not drain well and there was someones nasty hair on the shower head.. Gross!! Oh and our door does not latch, yep thats correct, unless I deadbolt it the door won't lock. The breakfast was adequate although for someone with dietary restrictions there was nothing really to eat. Glad I am checking out.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family