“6 days in winnipeg”

Ranked #38 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Ottawa, Canada
“6 days in winnipeg”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very courteous and helpful. We especially enjoyed the 7am breakfasts, and the "cook" was very attentive to the cleanliness and the restocking of the self-serve kitchen. Carol, I believe, was most helpful with the making of the waffles.

We will go there again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Deer Lake, Canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival at the hotel the front desk staff was overwhelmed with the phone and a person at the desk however did not take long to service me. Good location and even though it is on a busy street I did not hear too much noise. The room was small but so clean and fresh. My son noticed a Febreze sheet in the air unit which made the room smell fantastic and clean. Had to do laundry and for the service it was expensive had to pay twice to get my clothes dry should be an included service for free if the machines are not new models otherwise guests are left feeling ripped off. Overall very nice hotel and cleanliness could not be beat!

• Stayed August 2013
Strathmore, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was not impressed with the room we stayed in for a 7 night stay with my 5 children. The fridge did not work too well, it was dripping and the freezer compartment was completely iced up on arrival and iced up right away after I thawed it.
The toilet plugged up, the water was yellow and the staff did not seem too surprised about this (as if this happens regularly). Even after running the water much longer than the recommended 10 minutes it was still yellow and a couple of days later it was even worse. None of us wanted a shower with this water. I was not content with the explanation I received for this.
The internet was not reliable and missing for hours in a row and the room (suite) was small and not modern.
The room cleaning staff seemed stressed and was reluctant to stop for a few seconds to help us with our small requests (e.g.. a role of toilet pater or a garbage bag) - they told us that they were on a time limit to clean each room - well it made us miss the smiles and eagerness to help us from other hotels.
There was other little things that were not the best but the breakfast was very good when the main breakfast-lady (I believe her name was Carol) was there. She did a great job and was friendly. It was different on her days off. Missed her smile and attentiveness and the food seemed better when she was there.
I booked a room with kitchenette because of the dietary needs of one of my children and was happy I could prepare my own meals. The kitchenette hat the essential equipment but it was not outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Melbourne Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice hotel on Pembina Hwy. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Staff at front desk very helpful. I enjoyed a hot breakfast every morning. The parking lot is well lite and safe. I have stayed at this hotel before and was not disappointed when I stayed again. My next visit to Winnipeg I will be staying at the Quality Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: On back side away from Pembina
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Kenora, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This hotel is five star. We travel with a pet and she is made feel just as welcome as us, she even gets a welcome basket with treats. The front desk staff are second to NONE. Your pleasant stay appears to be job one for them. This trip we had a trailer with us and parking was no problem. We have stayed here before and once again the room was super clean and comfortable. Although we didn't have the breakfast this time we have in the past and it has a great selection and lots of it. Did find the Wi-Fi a little slow this time but would not let that bother me about booking here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Clean hotel, lots of parking, good complimentary breakfast. Free wi-fi but slow at times . Room was small but clean. Staff friendly. Location was excellent as it was accessible to many venues in Winnipeg.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

As a citizen of Winnipeg I didn't stay at the hotel. However I had dealings with it.

Recently I had the misfortune of losing my cellphone. Thanks to the involvement of Siamack and Keith I was able to not only retrieve it but also to thank the person staying at the hotel who found my phone.

While there I decided to take a tour in case visiting relatives needed a place to stay. I found the rooms that I saw to be clean with ample space.

Keep up the good work!