“Fairmont Stay”
Review of Fairmont Winnipeg

Fairmont Winnipeg
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Nice hotel in the heart of Winnipeg. Comfortable beds. I like the convenience of the parking and the ease of being able to go to meetings at the Richardson Building without going outside.
This time my room was right beside the elevator, which was a little noisy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great hotel the staff are friendly the hotel is in a great location downtown the staff are friendly. The beds are really comfortable. I would recommend the gold floors it is worth the price. Great spa in the hotel

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Pascale R, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback! Our beds are absolutely luxurious and the perfect way to end a busy day. It’s luxuriant slumber, the Fairmont way, with impeccable styling and attention to detail including a high-quality foam edge perimeter, providing a uniformly indulgent sleeping surface, edge-to-edge. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Incrediblble attentive hospitality team. Friendly warm and sincere. Great location. Always felt welcome from time we arrived till time we departed. Looking forward to our next stay with Fairmont Winnipeg.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

It’s a pleasure to read comments about our team and their wonderful service. Thank you for sharing!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed two night at the Fairmont Winnipeg 21 & 22 March while attending the 21st Indspire Awards (formerly the National Aboriginal Achievement Awards). Our room was on the Fairmont Gold floor came with full access to the private Gold Lounge area with its own Reception and Concierge Desk, private meeting room, lounging and dining area for breakfast, late afternoon snacks, coffee, bar service, etc. this was particularly useful for privately meeting and relaxing with our friends and colleagues there for the Awards. The Gold staff members were most helpful addressing our every need with grace and good humour - often anticipating our questions and requests. Our room was very comfortable, clean and well furnished. The Gold service included free WiFi, newspapers, coffee, breakfast, snack, access to business centre and the meeting room. Our two nights at the Fairmont were wonderful - thanks in large bat to the outstanding service we received from the Gold Service Staff. Highly recommended for that very special occasion.

Note: We did not use the spa, but too was available for our use.

Room Tip: Book a Gold Service Room - you will be spoiled.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay and successful conference for the Indspire Awards. We frequently get feedback that our Fairmont Gold is one of the best teams in the company so I am glad you share these thoughts. I look forward to welcoming you back the Fairmont and hopefully to Gold!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I booked 2 rooms and it was worth the deal and I would have paid more! The room was very clean, the hotel maintenance & condition was well kept, the service was excellent. I did not have to call the front desk about anything! Usually, I will find hair in beds, or in bathroom, or housekeepers will forget to plug a lamp back to electrical socket. Housekeeping was excellent. The front desk agents went above and beyond. The front desk even upgraded one of the rooms for my friends' wedding night and fulfilled my requests. My rating is compared to a "resort" that my friends and I had stayed at the night before. And, The Fairmont hotel online promotion was the same price compared to the not so desirable facility rated at 3 star. And, wow what a big difference! I am a management professional from the hospitality industry & I try to be understanding with other lodging facilities when making a review as there are other issues that can be involved. I am very happy with the overall visit with Fairmont Winnipeg.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Pascale R, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your feedback. I was delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay and were upgraded for your friend’s wedding. At the Fairmont Winnipeg, We are always looking for little ways to moments into memories.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Anytime I'm in Winnipeg on business this is always my hotel of choice. It, like all other Fairmont Hotels, offers exceptional service, well appointed rooms, a nice lounge and restaurant and good facilities for the business traveler.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I love the title of your review! Thank you for sharing your feedback and it is my pleasure that you have made this your hotel of choice in Winnipeg.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel is a decent place to stay when in Winnipeg area. Been to some hotels within the vicinity but I would recommend this one. Although I was a little bit disappointed as it did not meet my expectations when comparing to Fairmont Calgary. I like their pool/fitness area which is located at the most top floor so you'll get a nice view. It will not give you a better experience during winter. The hotel leads to the underground shops which is an escalator or elevator down.

Their rooms are just average, but you'll like their signature soaps, shampoo and conditioner that smells like rose - you'll know what I mean when you have been at Fairmont chains. The staff is polite and very helpful - that goes up to the top as in the general manager. I was treated with a complimentary breakfast on the week that I was there where the managers welcome guests for the breakfast. It was a nice touch. Kudos to their management team, well run hotel.

Room Tip: Any part of the building is good, noise barrier is good.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed review. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and especially enjoyed the welcome breakfast. We frequently get positive comments on our delicious food. I will be sure to pass your feedback about our wonderful staff onto the rest of our colleagues.