“Great Hotel”
Review of Fairmont Winnipeg

Fairmont Winnipeg
Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Impeccable service, very friendly and immaculate hotel. Great shower stall. Very nice room with best flat screen tv picture i've seen. Extremely helpful staff. Hotel seems to do its best to make your experience positive and enjoyable.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having just come from the Westin in Toronto, this was definitely an upgrade. I'm not a frequent Fairmont guest as I tend to accumulate Starwood points because they have far more properties where I need them. The rooms here are pretty average for a better chain, but the beds, linens and toiletries are all top notch. The staff were superb, friendly without being your friend (after being called "dude" by a staff member in Toronto, the professionalism was refreshing). Each was ready to help at appropriate times. The overnight pressing service was handy. I was a guest of a hotel guest with loyalty membership and enjoyed the club room. Nicely appointed and supplied. The location was good for me, but this is not the better part of the city.

I've stayed in few Fairmonts in Canada and they all seem to be like this one...older, good staff and excellent room supplies.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aroundth
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed one night at the Fairmont in Winnipeg for business. The hotel is a bit dated but the staff I encountered was amongst the most friendly and accommodating I've encountered in a hotel. The two concierges were amazing. It wasn't too busy so they drove us to a local restaurant and picked us up. Then in the morning when I was late for my meeting I was driven there again. The restaurant and front desk staff were also friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable although despite all the water in Winnipeg there was not too much coming out of the shower. The hotel is in a good central location. I would stay again just on account of the way we were treated.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2014

If you are used to staying at Fairmont hotels, do not stay here! The rooms are small and plain, the restaurant service is terrible and they offer no loyalty bonuses other than free internet and you can get that at any downtown hotel in Winnipeg.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Pascale R, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you were not able to experience the service for which we are known for. Our guests are usually very positive about our restaurant and lounge and the servers. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience in greater details and in person. I would welcome hearing from you at Pascale.rocher@fairmont.com or 204 985 6204. Our aim is to exceed guests’ expectations and I am terribly sorry that in your case, we obviously did not achieve this important goal. Your patronage is greatly appreciated and despite your less than satisfactory experience on this occasion, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Fairmont Winnipeg.
Pascale Rocher
Executive Office

Reviewed 23 April 2014

They were courteous and thoughtful from the word go. The unexpected champaign and Delicious chocolate covered strawberries were a Great added touch. Thanks You So Much.. I will Definitely coming back.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Congratulations on your first anniversary and thank you for choosing to share it with us. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back every year to celebrate this special event!
Pascale Rocher
Executive Office

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Front door/valet, front desk, room service, gold lounge and management are all amazing. Great room, awesome bed, clean! Stay here or beware....!
Restaurants are great as well, plus Hy's Steakhouse is right next door and the MTS Centre is right there.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Fairmont Winnipeg was a great hotel to stay at for a long weekend. We stayed on the Gold Floor, and received excellent service during our stay. All of the staff were wonderful, particularly Colleen & Eileen.
Would stay there again without a doubt!