Fairmont Winnipeg
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$109
Travelodge Winnipeg East(Winnipeg)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$101
US$115
US$110
1,112 results
All reviewsgold floorvelvet gloveurban escapepresident's clubsteam roomcorner roomexchange districtcentral locationhuman rightsbusiness tripfront desk staffdowntown areahot tubmts centreloungeteddykiss
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for the IDance convention in the beginning of February. They have a nice exercise facility and pool with great city views. We have stayed here before. Some of the rooms need an upgrade. We had a room across from the elevators. I would NEVER let them put us there again. It was so loud that I was woken up multiple time during the night. The location is good. It is a very short cab ride to The Forks where there are a few different restaurants and shops. I don't recommend this hotel for a family trip. It is more of a business hotel.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you near the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We had some meetings in Winnipeg held at the Fairmont and the hotel did a great job taking care of us.

I would have given a full score, however I didn't have the best sleep as I was in a room directly next to the elevator. On a Sunday evening, I'm certain they had many rooms so I'm not sure why they gave this to me?

Other than that, they treated me well and I would come stay again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I have stayed at the Fairmont for business meetings more than 6 times this year for at least 3 nights each time. The location is great, cannot be beat if you need to be downtown. The staff is so friendly and welcoming they really deserve 5 stars, unfortunately the rooms are so inconsistent that I can't give the hotel more than 3 stars. I have stayed in more than 8 rooms (do to the hotel filling up I had to wait until the morning of check out to see if I could get a room a few times, leading to moving around the hotel a bit) and each one has been different. All have old, carpet, that just looks dingy, and small bathrooms with limited space to put your "things." The shower pressure is not good, although the rain shower head is nice, you have to run around in circles to get soap at of your hair. Some rooms have Keurig coffee makers which are great, but others have espresso type machines. I've had two rooms where the air/heat until didn't work well at all, I go the room warmed up, but it wouldn't switch back to cool at night, in fact it said it was cooling, but only warm air would come out.
I have stayed on the Gold Floor several times and while it is a step above the basic rooms, I'm not sure it is worth the $60 - $80 more. The lounge is very nice and the breakfast spread that comes with the gold floor is good, but the snacks at night are basic and the drinks at the honor bar are pricey, especially considering you are already paying a much higher rate. I have been put in a double room once and it was so crowded between the work desk and the dresser that it was hard to get any work done and there was no additional space (i.e. extra chair & footstool) like other rooms have.
Some unique things worth mentioning.....the gym doesn't open until 6 am, which means no work out when you have early morning meetings to get to. Sometimes they can open it early if no one is staying in the rooms below the gym, but I have been told no a couple of times.
At about 4 am there is a dump truck outside doing it's job, but it SO loud when the dumpster is put back down that it wakes me up most nights and I sleep with a noise machine! During the winter months the street cleaners are very loud as the scrape the streets, that too has kept me up countless times.
I will continue to stay here when I have meetings downtown because it is so convenient, and the staff is top notch, but the rooms could certainly use some updating. Otherwise if I don't have meetings downtown, and I have a choice I will stay at the Hilton Suites by the airport because the rooms are MUCH bigger, recently updated and far cheaper. (check out my review)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank hyatt22
Pascale R, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for providing us with such extensive feedback on your recent stay. We also appreciate hearing from our guests. Guest feedback is extremely important to us as we constantly review our practices to ensure that we offer consistent, superior service to all our guests.
In regards to the carpet, furnishings of the hotel and our Fairmont Gold floor, we realize that these areas require some additional work and focus and will be addressing them in our upcoming renovations. With the support of our owners we continue to focus on improving our hotel product each year. As we move forward with future planned renovations, your comments are helpful to us in this regard and allow us to confirm that we are investing in improvements that are most important to our valued guests.
I certainly appreciate your comments that you will continue to stay here due to our excellent staff. I hope that the completion of our renovations will strengthen your loyalty to our hotel. If you have any further comments or concerns, please contact me on Pascale.rocher@fairmont.com.

Pascale Rocher
Executive Office

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Impeccable service, very friendly and immaculate hotel. Great shower stall. Very nice room with best flat screen tv picture i've seen. Extremely helpful staff. Hotel seems to do its best to make your experience positive and enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Having just come from the Westin in Toronto, this was definitely an upgrade. I'm not a frequent Fairmont guest as I tend to accumulate Starwood points because they have far more properties where I need them. The rooms here are pretty average for a better chain, but the beds, linens and toiletries are all top notch. The staff were superb, friendly without being your friend (after being called "dude" by a staff member in Toronto, the professionalism was refreshing). Each was ready to help at appropriate times. The overnight pressing service was handy. I was a guest of a hotel guest with loyalty membership and enjoyed the club room. Nicely appointed and supplied. The location was good for me, but this is not the better part of the city.

I've stayed in few Fairmonts in Canada and they all seem to be like this one...older, good staff and excellent room supplies.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business