“great staff”
Review of Fairmont Winnipeg

Fairmont Winnipeg
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Winnipeg
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great service, central location, well appointed & comfortable rooms. Staff was particularly welcoming. Good gym and pool. Being able to order running shoes and gym apparel very handy to cut down on luggage.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Pascale R, Executive Office at Fairmont Winnipeg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay and I am pleased to note you were able to take advantage of our Fairmont Fit program. It is certainly very popular among our business travelers and those looking to cut down on luggage.
Executive Office

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member I am very partial to hilton properties, but my experience with the Fairmont in Winnipeg would put some Hilton Hotels I stayed at to shame in my opinion. Attentiveness,friendliness, and professional would be adjectives I would use to describe my experience with the staff from the valet attendants to the concierge to the bar tenders everything was what I felt above and beyond. I would highly
Recommend this hotel and plan to stay at another one in the states in my travels.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

I am delighted to note you had an enjoyable stay, due in parts to our exceptional service, and I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Attentiveness, professionalism and friendliness are key aspects of our service promise. I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Fairmont Winnipeg in the future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am not used to paying so much for a hotel...or paying anything to park or paying for a non-existent wifi connection !
It all adds up.
The room was nice and the beds were great, location great for the Forks area but nothing right at the hotel...how about a nice little coffee shop? I also was unsure what was free or came with an undisclosed charge and was scared to use anything. I did have to call the desk to inquire about the coffee. Would be nice if they left a note about the free coffee somewhere.
Wifi was the worst ever...was there for 5 days and finally gave up on trying to get a connection. Called the desk to ask if there was a trick to getting a better wifi connection and they just said it was intermittent. I didn't know of the business center at the time and they didn't even suggest it to me, would have been nice to know.
Staff were friendly, comfy beds, elevators super fast, parkade was a pain to get to and expensive.
Not the best for the money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. With the support of our owners we continue to focus on improving our hotel product each year and internet is on our list of upgrades. Your comments are helpful to us in this regard and allow us to confirm that we are investing in improvements that are most important to our valued guests. My sincere apologies that the noted shortcoming took away from your overall experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly any time at Pascale.rocher@fairmont.com.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great location, efficient and friendly staff. Internet coulld be faster. If you have busisness in Winnipeg the location can't be beat. The direct connection to the underground passageways helps in winter.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback. We are fortunate to be connected to the underground passage ways, an absolute life saver in Winter! It will be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Over the past 10 years I have had the pleasure of working with the Fairmont Winnipeg both for business as well as pleasure and this property truly cares about its customers. The front desk staff are warm and welcoming and eager to help point you in the right direction. The meeting floor is staffed with knowledgeable people whose job it is to help you with whatever you need. Whether it it is a room that is a bit too warm or a forgotten coffee break that you add at the last minute, everyone is there to assist. I will be back in November and I can't wait. If you are in downtown Winnipeg looking for a place to stay that will be filled with wonderful care this is the place.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have city views. The upper floors allow you to see past a few of the buildi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share such fantastic feedback. We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and thank you for continuing to choose The Fairmont Winnipeg for your business and pleasure needs. At the Fairmont Winnipeg we aim to treat each and every guest as a unique individual and provide them with warm sincere and engaging service.
I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had occasion to be in Winnipeg from June 6th until the 13th on a vacation and decided to stay at Fairmont Winnipeg.
The service provided by the hotel staff was simply excellent. Staff were always smiling and helpful.
Room service was prompt when ordered.
The corner King bed room we had was comfortable and quiet.
Would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Our hotel is famous for our superb service and I am so pleased you were able to experience this. Thank you for your comments on your recent vacation at the Fairmont Winnipeg.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We always greatly enjoy our stays at the Winnipeg Fairmont. The lobby, halls and room are always attractive. The staff recognize us and greet us warmly when we come. The pool is so relaxing, and the views are very nice. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We have a group of loyal guests who frequently stay with us and I am pleased to note you are one of them. Thank you for sharing your feedback and I look forward to your next stay.